It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 100 Real "Men in Black"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You just cant take note of the list because leaving dis-info people out is some kinda strategy. Like "Hey, my guy isnt in this list so he is speaking the truth.
That could be dis-info ats its prime.

Putting people in that are not dis-info agents is also misleading so you really really just have to forget this list and leave it be.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Information War is what our whole world is currently involved in.

Hi Skyfloating,

I'm currently working on two submission for the ATS newsletter, one of which relates to what I think you mean by the "Information War". That article is probably the most socially significant piece that I've ever worked on and I'm finding the results of the research for it to be extremely interesting (and a bit worrying...).

Given the amount of research necessary, that article may take some time to complete and I'll probably finish off a piece revealing some hoaxes first.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I could honestly say Issac, that I thought you were serious about this list, until Savior said it was a satire.

When I read that post, I thought: "So basically I can't trust anyone that is involved in UFOLOGY. Then I jokingly thought maybe you're (Issac) a disinformation agent yourself, just trying to discredit ATS and other people."

But I think I got your message now, and thanks!!

[edit on 16-2-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I don't get it? is this some kind of joke or what.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think disinformation is often confused with misinformation. Many or most times it's a case of one making an honest effort based on his or her perception and reasoning rather than deliberately trying to bamboozle others. Another ATS member by the name of Incarnated pointed out recently that "ufology" is really a misnomer anyway, since all of us know jack diddley about UFOs/contact and everything else (that's at least currently) unexplained in the first place.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
To those who wonder if this is a "joke"...

YES!

It's called SATIRE. If you read the OP it's clearly stated this is here to add a bit of levity to the forum.

I am amazed at the number of people who think this anything BUT a funny exercse in satire that highlights the IDIOCY of all the back biting in UFOlogy.

Springer...
Springer...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
It will be hilarious to see, by page 27 of this thread, just how many ATS members read it and get it. My guess, not many.

...and it's only a few pages long. Just wait until it's longer. The flame wars. The indignation. The absurdity. All because it seems as if some on ATS are incapable of actually reading the full OP, thread or the links.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
As humorous as this site may be with this post, it highlights the fact that the internet and it's sources are about as truthful as satire and ATS is now the class clown. So, when does this go into skunkworks?

Maybe since we have so much time on our hands, we should get together and write a show about ATS for Southpark. Then we can have the creators of Southpark as the new conspiracy masters.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If anyone has real information let me know.

In any case I'm keeping my secrets to myself.

Paid for dis info... work honestly for wicked money.

I give you dis information for nothing.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
People have been killed by the real MIBs. The real conspiracies such as Inslaw, Alien Contact, secret aircraft, secret treaties, Mad Cow, and the rest, are not funny.

This thread was really hilarious.

And by really I mean predictably and by hilarious I mean tiresome.

It truly is disinformation since there are documents beyond any suspicion of fraud that document the conspiracies, the paid disinformation from genesis to now and so on. To reduce that to the level of this tiresome piece is pathetic.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

Totally agree with you. The countless people who have encountered MIB for real would be doing anything but considering this "satire" if they read the post.

And by the poster even putting this on the thread makes it look as if he/she is "watering down" the possibility of it happening, debunker possibly......hmmmm.

Talk about adding fuel to the debunker fire

[edit on 17-2-2008 by Drakiir]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
your a fuuny guy... I was wondering why Bill Cooper was on here when he was the one who was the source for at least 15 of the guys on the list as being disinfo agents...

[edit on 21-2-2008 by gabriel5578]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
The first edition of Jacques Vallee’s journals include a reference to a rumour that the McDonnel-Douglas company “have a secret team, employing a physicist named Stanton Friedman to collect physical data in a hush-hush manner” (see Footnote A). Stanton Friedman’s name is mysteriously omitted from the relevant sentence of the later softcover edition of the book, with no indication of any redaction (see Footnote B).

[Footnote A] Discussed by Jacques Vallee in his “Forbidden Science: Journals 1957-1969.” (1992) at page 304 (in Chapter 15, journal entry for 1967.0802) of the North Atlantic Books hardback edition.

[Footnote B] Omitted from the relevant entry in the 1996 Marlowe paperback edition of “Forbidden Science: Journals 1957-1969” (on page 307).

Is this a joke as well? (I don't have access to the journals)

I agree that the yellow makes it hard to read. Issac, are you reading ATS in light mode or dark mode?

Cooper seem to have been doing a lot of the mudslinging.

[edit on 5/5/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

[Regarding a quote of Vallee's comments regarding Stan Friedman] Is this a joke as well? (I don't have access to the journals)

This quote (and the others in the List) is intended to be an accurate quotation.

(BTW I have some documents somewhere relating to this work by Stan. I'll try to dig them out and/or find a link to them).

I agree that the yellow makes it hard to read. Issac, are you reading ATS in light mode or dark mode?

I've be on dark mode since it was launched and presumed virtually everyone else is on it as well.

I've just tried viewing this thread in light mode and can certainly see what you mean about the yellow. Sorry...

Cooper seem to have been doing a lot of the mudslinging.

Indeed.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Judging from your posts in the last few months though, I am not sure if you understand that the UFO-Phenomenon is a real phenomenon

You are mistaking a skepticism over the belief that UFOs represent extraterrestrial vistation with a belief that the phenomenon is not real. The two are not mutually-inclusive.

The ridicule and snickering at ufologists has lost its entertainment value for me a long time ago.

On the contrary. There needs to be more ridicule and snickering at so-called UFOlogists, particularly within the UFO-research community. Hucksters within the community should be savaged and not allowed a place at the table.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

If you say so, or maybe it had to be posted for some reason or another.

Mr springer. why is this thread not deleted? It is great ammo. Ping!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think that Palasheeas' post should be re-posted and re-posted on every new page. The ufologist-who's-really-not, is NOT a mere catty game between disagreeing redearchers. For those of you who are unaware, The Discovery Channel aired one of it's ufo-related shows where, the CIA admitted that they had been pushing the alien-as-ET concept, to try and help protect their black aeronautical projects. For those of you who are unaware, the CIA has agents called NOCs. Non-Official-Cover-Operatives. If you wiki that, you'l see that nocs can pose as academics. Lets say for example, that you have a ufologist who has an extensively Ivy-League educational background, in politics, foreign affairs, history, and national security. CIA people have been 'Historians' including Tom Clancy's hero character, Jack Ryan. And if you do a little digging into the Agency's own website, they encourage applicants with those educational backgrounds.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This thread has been mentioned by the "International Director" of MUFON, James Carrion in a post on his new blog "Follow the Magic Thread".

He discusses his presence on this "notorious list".

Um, he doesn't seem to have realised that the list is (pretty obviously) a joke...

Nor, for that matter, does he appear to have realised the purpose of the joke, i.e. to make fun of the tendency for personalities within ufology to label anyone that disagrees with them as a "man in black" working for
THEM.

In this context, it is particularly amusing to note that James Carrion may have adopted the way of thinking that this list was intended to parody. His posts on his blog have sought to suggest that individuals that have disagreed with him on Internet discussion boards are probably employed by intelligence agencies. For example, this post by James Carrion includes the following:

The danger lies in the anonymous nature of these boards. Anyone can sign up without proving their identity and they can make any claims that they want. For example, on the MUFON message boards we had a poster who was very critical of MUFON and claimed to be a former MUFON member. When I asked the person to confidentially send me his/her name so I could verify that they were indeed a former member, they stopped posting on the board and it is doubtful they were ever a MUFON member in the first place. More likely they were an agent provocateur in the employ of the intelligence agencies.

if you feel bullied on a UFO related message board, let me know as I would like to keep up on the latest intelligence agency disinformation and manipulation tactics.

Given the amount of ridicule of UFO "believers"/researchers (or at least the fear of such ridicule) is it really the case that if someone is hesitant to reveal their real name on a UFO discussion board it is likely they are "an agent provocateur in the employ of the intelligence agencies"?

I think not...

[edit on 18-10-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

2) Allin, Mark (Co-owner of the popular AboveTopSecret.com discussion forum, uses the codename “Springer”) :

wow. I actually believe that this website is cointelpro - but still it has great information and lots of truth in it too from members of the public...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
hi everyone,

I came across this post and thought it might be a good place to post a request for information.

I'm currently doing some research on AFOSI involvement in UFO sightings both past and present and I have an excellent understanding of AFOSI's structure and mission. So if you are a current or former member of AFOSI and did have some exposure to compartmentalized programs relating to UFO's or head something about those programs please email me. My email is at the bottom of the post. I promise all emails are confidential. I am also happy to respect any limitations you may have. I understand that there is information you cannot share.

On the flipside if you saw a UFO and were interviewed by AFOSI please also email me. I'd like to get some information about the interactions you had.

thanks!

- olav

[email protected]

<< 1  2    4 >>

join