It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Photographs By Pilots! Incontrovertible evidence?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Why have I chosen photographs of UFOs taken by pilots? Credibility! Unfortunately, though there have been a number of recent reports of pilots reporting UFO movements, there have been no pics taken by them from the cockpit for authentication. So I dug for more info and this is what turned up. There are more, but this would have to do for the present.

Is this incontrovertible evidence of the existence of UFOs? Or can the debunkers get to work here in an attempt to prove these sightings are nothing but hoaxes/reflections/camera malfunctions, and so on?

Photograph by RCAF pilot Childerhose over the
Canadian Rockies near Ft. MacCleod, Alberta.
Courtesy: Hypernet

Royal Canadian Air Force pilot R. J. Childerhose, while flying in a 4 plane formation at an altitude of about 11 km on 27-Aug-1956 7:20PM, saw and photographed a bright, sharply-defined disk, that was remaining stationary between the clouds.

Analysis

Photograph by Pilot John R. English, San Jacinto,
California USA, 16-Jul-1988.
Courtesy: Hypernet.

From the pilot's report to NUFORC:
"The photo was taken by another sailplane pilot that was flying right seat in the Mooney for that purpose (ed: to take photos of the other sailplane). The object most resembled a very bright sphere, much like a mirrored ball, with a distorted area opposite from its direction of travel."

Details of sighting

Frame grab of a spectacular video of a silver disk object
recorded by a military pilot on September 29, 2001.
Courtesy: UFO Evidence.

"I was on a flight over Budapest, Hungary," said the pilot, who has requested that his name be withheld until the official inquiry by the Hungarian Ministry of Defence is complete. "To my left I saw a bright metal aircraft that was the shape of a perfect disk. I was careful to film the object, not to try and chase it since it I could not match its speed. As I was flying a reconnaissance aircraft, I got the idea to film it and used our equipment."

The unusual photograph was taken by the crew of an official mapping aircraft of the
Costa Rican government, flying at 10,000 feet over Lago de Cote, Arenal region.
Courtesy: forgetomori.

“In summary, our analyses have suggested that an unidentified, opaque, aerial object was captured on film at a maximum distance of 10,000 feet. There are no visible means of lift or propulsion and no surface markings other than darker regions that appear to be nonrandom. This case must remain “open” until further information becomes available.”

The pilot of a twin engine C-47 "Skytrain" transport
aircraft of the USAF captured this reddish object on
photograph in July 1966 at 11:00am. The aircraft was
flying over the Rocky Mountains, at about 40 kilometers
South-West of Provo, Utah.
Courtesy: ufologie.net

A retired Air Force pilot presented two 35 mm. slides, showing a red saucer-like object against a background of sky and clouds. He claimed to have taken the pictures from the pilot's seat of a C-47 in flight before he retired from the Air Force. The witness' reputation is irreproachable.

UFO photographed from a police plane in Puebla, Mexico, 1991.
Courtesy: The Biggest Secret Forum

Cheers! We may not be alone after all!

Ref:
www.hyper.net...
www.ufoevidence.org...
forgetomori.com...
ufologie.net...
thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr...

[edit on 13-2-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Nice thread. I have often wondered what kind of strange things pilots see when they are up there. The first pic looks more like an atomic bomb than a ufo to me....

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You sure know how to sell your threads through titles, Mike... this is a one line post.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
You wouldn't happen to have the video mentioned in the third picture would you? Or do you know if its even been released?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The Lago de Cote pic looks strange.

The 'object' is differently pixelated than the surroundings, but the original was reportedly very detailed and a detailed second-generation negative was available for study.

Most researchers note how the top seems to be off shape, and the line of the curve isn't smooth - the border is irregular.

However, upon further investigation this case was studied by Richard Haines and Jacques Vallee. Here's a page that goes into more depth on this one.

Lago de Cote

Oddly, when Vallee ordered the surrounding frames 299 and 301, and the object was not visible on those frames, but the camera was taking pictures about every 17 seconds, so it's possible the object or the area was out of frame by that length of time.

It appears there is even some kind of logo or emblem. I wonder if the military would be prone to put their markings on such an experimental craft.

Finally, though it looks metallic, the reflections on the surface could -possibly- indicate a reflection, though I doubt a photoanalysis camera would be subject to such things.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
OK, I found an even more detailed analysis of this photograph here:

When the analysis was done the image was deemed not to be a physical object:

Excerpt of the conclusion:

• The grain patterns in the northern edge of the oval image appear to be of a different character than those in the remaining parts of the field. Grains are smaller and more closely packed.
  • The photographic density is quite high, appearing to be nearly saturated at the northern boundary.
  • The northern edge of the image is abnormally sharp; much sharper, for example, than any physical feature on the coastline.
  • There is no evidence of light diffusion or halation that would normally be found adjacent to an image formed by a bright light source.
  • The light areas on the negative (i.e., the "portholes" on the positive image) appear to have the same photographic density as the surrounding water.

• (Use the arrows at the top of the page to go through the article, not the links on the ToC page.)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:18 AM
    link   
    Great topic..I know a couple pilots that told me about sitings they had. Most don't go public with the information. One guy says he has seen unexplained objects on a dozen or so occasions.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:17 PM
    link   
    reply to post by mikesingh

Mike, another great thread from you
    Star & Flag.
    I've found some more pics of the third one that you have posted:

Courtesy: Rense www.rense.com

admin edit: To add Rense's URL

[edit on 2-13-2008 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
    link   
    Another well researched, excellent thread by mikesingh!

I have known quite a few pilots in my time and the common theme that seems to permeate that culture is that UFOs are for the nutters. To a man, every pilot I've discussed the subject with has told me that IF you make a formal report you'll never make another one. It seems the aviation culture is to deny the possibility rather than seriously investigate the incidents. O'Hare is a perfect example of that IMHO.

Dr. Richard Haines of NARCAP www.NARCAP.org has done some great work in this field and his studies support the above comment. Heck when he proposed his totally anonymous pilot survey only ONE airline let him do it. Now why in the heck would ANY airline object to an anonymous (no names of the airlines or the pilots) survey of its pilots asking if they have ever seen something that they could not explain or that appeared to be beyond what is known technologically?

GREAT THREAD!

Springer...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:35 PM
    link   
    I particularly like the (first one) in the sky, beautiful LIGHTSHIP.

They come into our atmosphere just like the Masters leave our World density charge. The craft has to align with this density to visit us. They go through (frequency bands) lowering and raising their electromagnetic fields until alignment is reached and the right speed of 'light interval' is reached.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:46 PM
    link   
    Wow great thread Mike

I liked especially the fourth pic. Looks so real to me. Starred and flagged.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:50 PM
    link   
    Nice post Mike!

I do think we will see more aerial ufo's and that the sightings will increase.
    Perhaps, we can even get an end to the 'ufo', so we can call them by their real names

Star and flagged!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:51 PM
    link   
    i think i've seen the video of the disk in the clouds, and i have to tell you...it is REALLY good. it darts around quite convincingly, and i think it even comes out from the clouds at one point.....VERY impressive.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:01 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Springer

I can think of one reason airlines would deny such a survey - fear. If people realized a large number of pilots saw things in the sky they could not explain, they might be even more frearful of flying. I sure would. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:29 PM
    link   
    As a companion to this line of evidence...I just saw the History Channels UFO/Black Box evidence the other night. It reviews cockpit recordings from commercial and military pilots from UFO sightings. Very Interesting. I recorded it on Tivo and am not sure when it is on next. It mentions one case where the FAA went as far as sending a letter explicitely denying it had any material related to a specific sighting only to have some guy via FOIA obtain detailed recordings from the FAA of the radar operators discussing the UFO. It reminded me of the O'hare sighting. The concept that the airlines and FAA do everything possible to squash reports and inquiries is pretty well founded at this point, the only question is why? Simple fear of what the public's response would be to admitting that they don't have complete dominion over our air space and that there are unknown variables or government interference in relation to a larger conspiracy...possibly both? I lean toward the first motivation.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:29 PM
    link   
    another excellent post mike !! star and flag sir !

and i totally agree with Springer, why the airlines dont want to investigate is crazy !!

Thanks Mike

snoopyuk

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:35 PM
    link   
    I spoke to an F18 pilot once (online but I verified he really was a pilot) who said they do see things but wouldn't talk about it further..just an anecdotal snippet..

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:21 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Karlhungis

No atomic bomb if you look close you can see it's the glow from Husky stadium on gameday. Go Dawgs.

On a serios note, Has there ever been a logical explanation as to why no other country has bucked the trend and given the world info or proof on these sightings. I find it hard to believe that nothing would have ever leaked showing verifiable proof.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:32 PM
    link   
    Great post - it would be interesting to know how much the airlines would lose if pilots were "free" to report UFOs. I bet they have worked this out

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:41 PM
    link   
    Great thread Mike

I'm sure it's been posted on here somewhere but some
    excellent evidence was provided by these mexican air force pilots :

"summary: Mexican Air Force pilots filmed 11 unidentified flying objects in the skies over southern Campeche state in Mexico, a Mexican Defense Department spokesman confirmed. A videotape was made widely available to the news media. The lights were filmed using infrared equipment. They appeared to be flying at an altitude of about 3,500 meters (11,480 feet), and allegedly surrounded the Air Force jet."

www.ufoevidence.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join