It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Russia could aim nukes at Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545

Originally posted by wisefoolishness

Russia rears its head again. looks like to me that they are trying to start a conflict by continually prodding about NATO.

Thoughts? Comments?

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The thing is, how would the US feel if Canada or Mexico decided to allow similar Russian defense system? They would have the same reaction. Yet everyone would be expected to support it because it was a "threat" to the US, pot meet kettle

first of all, Mexico and Canada do not have ill fillings toward the US like Ukraine has had for Russia.

Second of all, that is pure speculation at best, on your part.

The US would probably think it was directed at them, especially if russia had no excuse for why they were putting them there in the first place.

I swear, some of you degenerates need to get your tunnel vision corrected. Russia is far from an innocent nation.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

the US is far from being an innocent nation, as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Which is fine if thats what you think. But it seems people around here have their tunnel vision focused solely on the US. It reeks of bigotry.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

Which is fine if thats what you think. But it seems people around here have their tunnel vision focused solely on the US. It reeks of bigotry.

oh cut the crap, trying to portray US as innocent and all the posters, being anti-american. that's real naive

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessit

oh cut the crap, trying to portray US as innocent and all the posters, being anti-american. that's real naive

Your negative 654, why should I take you seriously, especially after having read much of your 'crap'.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

please
, almost in every post when someone mentions USA, you call them Anti-american , quite paranoya you get there, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

i love my country very much, but they do a lot of ignorant things, most recently the waterbaording stuff.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

i love my country very much, but they do a lot of ignorant things, most recently the waterbaording stuff.

thats not even the worst. I work with a guy who is in the navy, and he would often hunt down Iraqs most wanted terrorists, as soon as they have a bead on their location, they take a small recon team, and he said they beat them for information.

You gotta be tough with these people if you want to win the war.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

first of all, Mexico and Canada do not have ill fillings toward the US like Ukraine has had for Russia.

Ukraine never had ill feeling towards Russia. Even Yuschenko doesn't have ill feeling towards Russia (maybe Timoshenko does, but she deserves to be beaten with an ugly stick because her looks hardly match her personality). About 70% of Ukraines do not harbor any ill will towards Russia, and view Russia as nothing less than ideological and cultural brothers. Sure there are periodic differences, but they can't wipe out 500 years of common history. You will be seriously hard pressed to find two nations with such similar citizens.

The 30% of Ukrainians that do have ill will towards Russia, incidently also have ill feelings towards the above-mentioned 70% of other Ukrainians. These 30% behave more like Moldovans/Romanians or Polish than Ukrainians.

Saying that Ukraine has "ill feelings" towards Russia, is a very ignorant statement that not only ignores past 500 years of history, but also the common cultural, social and political background of Ukrainians and Russians that continues to this day. Political intrigues are hardly representative of the sentiments of most people.

Ukraine should not be ruled "by" Russia - because it deserves to be ruled "with" Russia.

I swear, some of you degenerates need to get your tunnel vision corrected. Russia is far from an innocent nation.

Was someone arguing otherwise? This is a discussion of a particular event, that happens to be part of the larger strategy by the U.S. So Russia's actions and views on this issue should be considered in the context of what it is the U.S. is actually doing there.

Getting back to US/NATO:

Can you tell me what the U.S. is doing (and why it is doing that - because obviously it is doing something) in Ukraine? Or Poland? Or Czech Republic? Or Baltics? Or Georgia? Or Azerbaijan? Or Kazakhstan? Or Uzbekistan? Or the Caspian Sea? If you say - "hunting terrorists" or "defending democracy" or "minding its own business" than you are obviosly challenged in regards to geography and geopolitics.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by maloy]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545

Russia rears its head again. looks like to me that they are trying to start a conflict by continually prodding about NATO.

Thoughts? Comments?

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The thing is, how would the US feel if Canada or Mexico decided to allow similar Russian defense system? They would have the same reaction. Yet everyone would be expected to support it because it was a "threat" to the US, pot meet kettle

Second of all, that is pure speculation at best, on your part.

The US would probably think it was directed at them, especially if russia had no excuse for why they were putting them there in the first place.

Thank you for proving my EXACT point. What excuse does the US have for putting these defense systems all over the world? To protect them from the big bad Russians? Alot of people do alot of flipflopping. First they are a has been world power that is no real threat to anyone, and the next minute you need protection from them. Pick a side, which is it?

You want to say that I have tunnel vision, yet maybe it is you with the tunnel vision. Not being under constant threat of "terrorism", I think I have much clearer view of things than you might. America is now is a state of creating its own enemies. Things might not have been all sunshine and lollipops with Russia, but at least there was a state of "you leave us alone, we leave you alone". It seems that is not good enough for the current Administration, with some of their moves as of late it seems that they are trying to antagonize the Russians.

Now you are probably going to come back and call me all kinds of unkind names, but that is fine. Once you can see the world for how it really is you might realize that we "degenerates" aren't as wrong as you think we are.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

which currently USA is not capable off...
okay
reply to post by ATSGUY

there are a lot of such missiles like U.S D-5 trident SLBM , the Soviet SS-18 Mod 6 etc...

the thing is that ballistic missiles can be detected after launch and currently Russian nukes are on hair trigger alert , with problems in warning system

[edit on 15-2-2008 by manson_322]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join