It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterboarders for God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Waterboarders for God

www.consortiumnews.com

After one spends 45 years in Washington, high farce does not normally throw one off balance. But I found the events of Thursday to be an acid test of my equilibrium.

I missed the National Prayer Breakfast—for the 45th time in a row. But, as I drove to work I listened with rapt attention as President George W. Bush gave his insights on prayer:

“When we lift our hearts to God, we’re all equal in his sight. We’re all equally precious. ... In prayer we grow in mercy and compassion. ... When we answer God’s call to love a neighbor as ourselves, we enter into a deeper friendship with our fellow man — and a deeper relationship with our eternal Father.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.truthout.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Waterboarding should be prosecuted as Torture: U.N.
CIA boss: Waterboarding may be illegal

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Never knew the president performed national prayers! ..why not ..in Gods own country.

However to me the irony of this is more thick than the smoke of the battlefields of Kabala.

The hypocrisy is outstanding seen in the light of the present debate and hearings on waterboarding of suspects, who with the words of the president are "equally precious".

I have a hard time believing the American people actually buy rubbish like this, even when it comes from the mouth of their Commander-in-chief. I do have an unpleasent gut feeling that more than the 30something per cent still supporting actually buy crap like this.

Not since the Spanish Inquisition waterboarding seems to have been used to the extend the present administration applies it -- a method.

Highlight is on the method right now -- though MSN doesn't reflect it, only reporting from the senate hearings --if at all-- in the smallest sized headlines.

Yesterday's hearings states:

After World War II, Japanese soldiers were hanged for the war crime of waterboarding American soldiers. Indeed, patriots and prophets have made it clear from our earliest days that such abuse has no place in America.

And from the OP link we also have this:

In the immediate post-9/11 period, Tenet says he told the president that “our only real ally” on the Afghan border was Uzbekistan, “where we had established important intelligence-collection capabilities.”

We now know from UK Ambassador to Uzbekistan Craig Murray that those “collection capabilities” included the most primitive methods of torture, including boiling alleged “terrorists” alive.

To add further to the menace of moral corruption the GWB43 administration is venturing in, please see the additional news link
CIA Likely Let Contractors Perform Waterboarding

I just wonder, if in future history books, could this time of ours be known as the American Inquisition? Presuming that justice somehow shall prevail, and honour restored in the United States of America.

www.consortiumnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Bush talks to Satan daily and thinks he's praying. He's that out of touch with reality.

I think Bush/Cheney tell people what they want to hear, and they don't mean any of it.

It's lie, lie, lie all the time. They have no credibility left.

If Bush's actions are a sign of his improved compassion for others, I'd hate to see him like he was before he started praying. He must've been a Pol Pot on steriods.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Dubya is a joke. The guy is responsible for untold amounts of death and suffering. He is the crookedest SOB to ever sit in the presidential chair. And equality? This guy doesn't even have a clue what that word means, let alone does he believe we're all equal. Remember, he's "The Decider".

Funniest comment I heard was online a ways back when Bush said, "He felt that God spoke through him", and someone commented, "If god speaks through George Bush, then God must be pretty F***in' stupid".

LOL

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I just don't get how this guy, Dubaya who used to firecrack frogs and other "creatures to God" doesn't get impeached???

Oh wait, he's protected from places high above...
Or is it way below he has a certain Lord to protect him?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks for tying these threads together. Moderator on the job.

There will hopefully be some further releases from these inquiries as to the nature and extent of contractor use in CIA, NSA, DoD, etc...

Blackwater just happens to be one of the largest and most "outted".

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The catch-22 is clearly stated in this snippet from the hearings of the House Judiciary Committee.

Conyers referred to Hayden’s admission about waterboarding and branded the practice “odious.” But Mukasey seemed to take perverse delight in “dissing” Conyers, as the expression goes in inner-city Washington. Sadly, the tired chairman took the disrespect stoically.

Chairman Conyers did summon the courage to ask Attorney General Mukasey directly, “Are you ready to start a criminal investigation into whether this confirmed use of waterboarding by U.S. agents was illegal?”

“No, I am not,” Mukasey answered.

Mukasey claimed that “waterboarding was found to be permissible under the law as it existed” in the years immediately after 9/11; thus, the Justice Department couldn’t investigate someone for doing something the department had declared legal.

“That would mean that the same department that authorized the program would now consider prosecuting somebody who followed that advice,” Mukasey said.

Business as usual.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
so... maybe we can twist this a bit. Maybe we can start a new Christian sect (oh lord I can't remember any of those off branches names) that tortures themselves to get closer to god. Maybe Bush would be the first to join up. Hell it's acceptable to do it, in gods name... Why not do it to prostrate yourself before your god?

Come on bushy... Dunk you head for god.
it's the only way to cleanse yourself of the overt sins you have committed against other humans.

Coven

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So if it's deemed permissible to use torture techniques on people suspected of wrongdoing, then how long before we see a motorist waterboarded to force a confession for speeding or running a red light?

You'd think the fact someone has been apprehended and locked up for a lengthy period would be enough, with the authorities being able to show conclusive evidence to prosecute. WRONG!
The authorities no longer have to show evidence. The use or waterboarding and other techniques are there solely to make the victim say what the torturer wants to hear, to make their suffering stop. How the hell can anyone agree that this form of extracted testimony is accurate and truthful?

Perhaps with it becoming acceptable, we will see it being used on corrupt politicians and corporate wrongdoers as well. After all, whats good for the goose...etc

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
One thing people needs to understand about Mr. Bush is that he is a politician, a dirty politician at that, he was able to win the 2004 elections thanks to the votes of the faithful, he needs to keep that hold for the Republican party benefits because they are losing faith.

So now Bush is a preacher.

I can not wait to see McCain trying to preach also.
if he becomes the Republican party presidential candidate.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
he was able to win the 2004 elections thanks to the votes of the faithful,

Are you sure he won due to real votes from real people ?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Don't you have faith on our clean political system and our glorious voting system?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by undo

Don't you have faith on our clean political system and our glorious voting system?

I haven't believed in the voting system for many years, at least, not to the extent some people do. It may have some bearing on events, but being a christian and researcher of biblical texts, I also realize that there's not a ruler in place on this planet that is there without the approval of God. And since God's plan for man seems to be a bit confusing, no one really thinks that the supernatural might have some bearing on it, but in my opinion, it has everything to do with it.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Check out "How Ohio Pulled It Off" to shed some light on his "victory"in 2004. U.N. observers weren't even allowed to participate in this election. Where was Jimmy Carter when we needed him?

I think they should have tried a little water-boarding on Alberto Gonzalez to help jog his memory, since it's an effective 'method' of gathering information.

Hm. Good idea for a skit.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Okay, since none of Shrub's 'Generals' and 'Lawyers' really want to answer to the illegality of Waterboarding in regard to Geneva, maybe they can at least answer this...

If Waterboarding is 'bad', how much worse is 'waterboarding someone with urine'? Twice as bad? Only a bit worse? Okay, maybe they could tell me how much worse it would be to 'waterboard a Muslim man with Pig's Blood' than just water?

I wonder if any of the S.O.B.s that approved this illegal practice would be up for a round in the chair, under the plastic wrap, with $4.00 a gallon gasoline being 'waterboarded' over them?

Anyone have a Cigarette?
DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
To broaden the topic to the God connection of Georgy boy's, this is from a site devoted to Bushisms atheism.about.com...

They have a commented quote, that appeared in www.therevealer.org...

“Bush reportedly told [a group of Amish], ‘I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn’t do my job.’” Had Bush uttered that line with big press around, it’d be the buzz for days. But, writes Brubaker, “this story has not been reported before. You might think an observant press follows the president everywhere, especially during a re-election campaign, but no reporter attended this meeting.”

So, did he or didn’t he? We have multiple, independent sources saying that he acts based upon his contact with God, and in multiple contexts. It is certainly possible that all of these people could be wrong about this, but if they are then what is George W. Bush saying that would cause so many people to misunderstand and misinterpret him in the same way? We should expect a bit more articulateness from a president, I think.

I cannot help but think about the shock former German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder expresses in his memoirs about meeting George Bush in regard to his repeatedly referencies to God and his talk. It's very Un-european to say the least.

Did a thread on it www.abovepolitics.com...

Only one question I like to know the answer of

...does God do waterboarding?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The actions by the individuals mentioned in this thread have no connection to nor bear any relation to my Saviour.

I apologize for this and I am deeply sorry

*heart breaks*

BV

[edit on 10-2-2008 by BlackViolet]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackViolet

ay... your not the only one. almost makes one regret being in the same religious sect as these fools claim.

to bad they haven't read their old testament (as much as I hate this idea)
with the whole "eye for an eye" thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackViolet
The actions by the individuals mentioned in this thread have no connection to nor bear any relation to my Saviour.

Unfortunately the individuals mentioned, were elected into office on a platform where they 'connected' themselves to the Savior. I feel so lied to, and so angry that they are acting in our name, and His.

What we need to do is inform those in the community to the truth.
DocMoreau

PS... To all, I apologize for the 'brashness' of my previous post. I am just so angry about the damage being done for the future of our children, that I need to learn to bite my tongue (bite my typing fingers?)... Sorry once again for being so angry. I still think that the P and VP should be waterboarded themselves, and then give an opinion if it is torture or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Very much understood Doc,

Even a smidgen of forward thinking reveals the pitfalls of the direction being
currently taken,unfortunately this is not something that is seen by everyone
as detrimental,I understand how you feel about this as i have some beautiful friends in America (I assume you are there) and sometimes i feel like shaking them and screaming"Do you understand the implications of this?",
This is what is heart breaking as well.
Doc,the one thing that you do have and it is precious is that you do see
and understand,that you are aware of this,And you are correct in that the more that know and understand the more likely a change for the better even small ones will come.
To be angry about injustice, a noble attribute,but that it not consume you
for it is very powerful and can have the affect of causing the message to be rejected if it is the overlying factor,i am pretty sure you know this.

Thank you

BV

new topics

top topics

join