It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Threatens Nuke Strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Recent statements coming from one of Russia’s highest-ranking military commanders indicate that America and Israel plan to go ahead with war on Iran despite the release of the National Intelligence Estimate late last year.

Russia’s military chief of staff General Yuri Baluyevsky threatened the use of nuclear weapons in case of a major threat. He said that, although they have no plans of attacking anyone, they nevertheless “consider it necessary for everyone around the world community to clearly understand, that to defend the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Russia and its allies, military forces will be used, including, preventively, the use of nuclear weapons.”

His statements (which can only have been made in concert with the overall policies established by his boss President Vladimir Putin) come a week after George Bush’s visit to the Persian Gulf, in which he attempted to rally the nations in that region around U.S. and Israeli plans of “confronting Iran’s nuclear program before it is too late.”

heres the full story: www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Looks like Russia is getting tired of the US in general. They have also threatened to take action if the US and NATO (New American Terror Origanisation) accepts/acknowledges the Kosovo Indipendence from Serbia.
The US had better stard treading very carefully me thinks.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
From reading other sources its my interpretation that Putin believes Iran is using this space missile plan as a cover for nuclear missiles and that he would perform a pre-emptive strike himself upon Iran, if anything I also think Putin would do so for several reasons mostly to show the world that they can and will do such an act even if they will be losing a major weapons buyer, in the long run its also a means to show the US they will not be cowered.

They can sacrifice Iran a good cash cow just to recover face.

I expect them to strike Iran before Israel or the US.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Storm in a Tea Cup m8
Russia is still wayunder the military strenght of what she used to be, she will risk no nuke attack just because of Iran, tho she is mad about American plans to station "defence" missiles in Poland.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Lyrian,
you and the world will be very surprised at what military strenght russia is capable of. don't underestimate them. russia may have ben qute for a whle but just wait and see....

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think the great Russian Bear is about to come out of hibernation myself.

With our massive election turmoil its a perfect time to take advantage of moving ahead strategically for them.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
ya things are getting intense, we can only hope the crooks running the show have enough common sence not to nuke each onter.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Lyrian,
you and the world will be very surprised at what military strenght russia is capable of. don't underestimate them. russia may have ben qute for a whle but just wait and see....

Thanks for the reminder Vikingant.
I do not, or try not to understimate anything, but the World Powers are playing their games on this.

In a week or two it will be all over because the media eye will be turned to the revelation that Britney Spears is comming clean on ET.

Storm in a Tea Cup mate.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lyrian

I appreciate what you are saying but I agree with Eye of Unk. the bear IS coming out of hibernation and it has Bald Eagle on the breakfast menu. It hasrecently spoken up about this Iran issue, Kosovo and the Nuke Shields being set up in Poland. I really dont think they would be so vocal on so many issues unless they were willing and more importany capable of backing it up.
These are delecate time to be bluffing on such issues.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
They were never asleep, just haveing 40 winks.

Don't you think that it needs another "super power" to remind America that they cannot do what they think is right all the time, regardless of the damage they may cause?.

America (and Iam not Anti-American, if that is what some here may think of me) needs to have a restraining "power" to hold them back, even at the sake of some ppl. calling "The end is neigh" at every News Flash that Russia are calling their bluff, or should I say calling them back to Earth?.

top topics

join