It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan: Savior of Humankind?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I was just reading up on some Sumerian mythology and I found something that caught my eye. It was believed by the ancient Sumerians that the Anunnaki (visitor Gods from planet Nibiru) created what we know to be modern man or Homo sapiens.

As the story goes, the Anunnaki grew tired of mining for gold in what is believed to be present-day Mozambique (Africa) and demanded that Enil, the appointed king of the world create a lu-lu (primitive worker). Enil had no empathy for his fellow Anunnaki and was unmoved by their gripes. The father of Enil, Anu and Enil's half brother Enki, sided with the miners and ordered that a primitive worker be made to replace the Anunnaki gods.

The first attempt at creating a lu-lu resulted in a mix of birds, cattle, lions and apes; in the end it was deemed an utter failure. The goddess of medicine, Ninharsag, then spliced the genes of the ape-man and the annunaki to create an ideal lu-lu. The lu-lu were what we call today humans (Homo sapiens) and were described as resembling the Anunnaki and having "a skin as the skin of a god". After creation, the lu-lu were transported out of Africa to Mesopotamia where the mining for gold and precious metals originally began.

The lu-lu were purposefully created infertile and it reqiured the same process of genetic splicing to bring forth another lu-lu. Humans became fertile when Enil's rival half-brother, Enik, encouraged the humans to sample a forbidden fruit which enabled them to procreate. Furious about what had taken place and fearful that the humans might also learn the secret of immortality, Enil cast them out of Eden.

This display of anger, however, did not stop the humans from bearing offspring and later intermarrying with some of the Anunnaki gods. Once again, Enil was frustrated with what was happening with the humans and he secretly plotted to purge humankind from the planet.

Every 3600 years Nibiru (home planet of the Anunnaki) makes a full orbit around the sun. The orbital path that Nibiru takes is frighteningly close to planet earth. The Anunnaki were aware that their coming planet's gravitation pull could possibly melt the ice sheets on Antartica which would flood the planet and drown all life. In nearing the time of the passing of Nibiru, under the orders of Enil, the Anunnaki took off in spaceships that orbited earth without warning the humans.

Going against Enil's plan, Enki forewarned a wise man by the name of Utnapishtim. Utnapishtim then built a large vessel and placed inside it animals, and plants of all varieties (I'm assuming there were other humans in there as well). When the waters receded, the Anunnaki gods returned to Earth and were suprised to find Utnapishtim on Mount Ararat. Once again, Enil was furious, but then welcomed the fact that the humans survived. From that point on, the Anunnaki tought humans basic knowlegde (mathematical, earth sciences, medical, monarchal, law, and social skills), and they helped them to establish a civilization of their own.

The Sumerians had the first known written language. They are the oldest known civilization dating back to 4th millenia BC. Some call the region they inhabited (Southern Mesopotamia/modern day Iraq) "the cradel of life".

***It is important to note that the Sumerians believed the earth was round and that the earth revolved around the sun, something that Western Europeans didn't figure out until the Renaissance.***

What I Believe

I believe that the biblical character Satan (Lucifer), is based off of the Sumerian mythological character Enki and that the biblical story of Noah is based off of the Sumerian mythological character Utnapishtim. In Christianity, Satan is seen as corrupt and the source of humanities' problems because he was the one who tempted Eve to take the fruit of knowledge. In the Holy Bible God is seen as just and caring for humanity but at the same time, he was willing to kill off most of creation in a flood. I find the portrayal of God in Christianity to be puzzling; it seems as though he loves humanity one moment and then curses them the next. The story that the Sumerians told seems to make more sense to me. It also makes me wonder if there is a conspiracy against Enki because of how he is demonized in Judeo-Christian religions.

I also feel more apt to believe the Sumerian stories because of their vast knowledge of the universe at the time of their civilization. I am beginning to see the connection with human kind and the Anunnaki and I also feel like the predictions about the Nibiru/Planet X/The Brown Star, to be true and that the coming of the planet will have devistating affects on humanity.

Sumerian artifacts depicting knowledge of the Solar system and of Nibiru

Drawing of a stone relief that shows the creation of the first lu-lu/human

I gathered all of my knowledge from timelife volumn series "Mysteries of the Unknown: Alien Encounters".

Thank you for reading and please share your thoughts

Edited to put in my point of view!

[edit on 6-2-2008 by leira7]

[edit on 6-2-2008 by leira7]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Am I missing how your Title ties in, with your post ?

Oh and you may want to check out or add to one of the myriad of threads already here, on these subjects.

ATS Anunnaki threads

ATS Sumerian mythology threads

ATS Enki threads

ATS Nibiru threads

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

I edited my topic post and made sure to put in my point of view, Thanks!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Firstly, Zachariah Sitchen causes prostate cancer. I just thought you might want to understand this before you delve any further into his made-up world of Sumerian space aliens.

Second, Satan is not an entity separate from god in any of the Abrahamic faiths. He is a servant, a tempter who's purpose is to offer humanity a path away from god... and then torment them if they take it. He's the demigod of police entrapment, if you prefer. He serves a purpose much like the Aztec's Tezcatlipoca. He stands to show man hte folly of unrighteous behavior.

The serpent in the garden of eden (indeed the entire Edenic part of Genesis) is a figure totally divergent from any of the Abrahamic faiths. It's adopted almost entirely whole cloth from much older religious beliefs. The tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, the woman being the first to be enlightened, the serpent providing that knowledge, God speaking of Adam and Eve as being equals to him now...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Can you provide evidence for what all you are saying?

It is my understanding that the Book of Genesis was written sometime around 1 BC but it is taken from previous religions such as the Ancient Sumerian texts. It's not just Sitchen who talks about the Sumerians belief on the origins of humanity. It is an ancient belief that has been passed on. I believe there is something special about the Sumerians that we should pay more attention to.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
There are a lot of questions we should be asking right now:

1) The predictions circulating about Nibiru/planet X and it's nearing approach to earth: Are we beginning to see some of the gravitational affects (global warming, melting ice caps on Earth and Mars)?

2) Why is the United States at war with Iraq? Could it be because there is something hidden in the land that is left over from the Anunnaki? Perhaps a special artifact (stargate, spaceship..), or key evidence of an alien creation?

3) How did the Sumerians know so much about the solar system?

4) Are the latter religions misinterpretations of Sumerian mythology?

5) Are the Anunnaki coming back?

6) Does the story of the Anunnaki tie in with the ancient Mayan tale of the two brothers coming to fight for earth?

Really think about these questions and this topic before outright shutting it down.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

The aliens genetically engineering us to mine gold is certainly Sitchen. He's one of my top ten History Criminals. (Joseph Smith is #1)

What part are you wanting in particular? The purpose of Satan? Well, for that you would have to consult Jewish texts on the nature of angels - of which Satan is one. They were created without the gift of free will - every action an Angel takes is done so at the behest of God. The heavenly rebellion was done by God, the lack of repentance by Lucifer was orchestrated by God, etc. If you want confirmation of Satan's role as tempter, look at the many places he appears in the bible. He tempts the first humans (to accept the Christian take on Eden). He tempts Job to turn away from God ruthlessly. He attempts to lead Jesus to temptation in the desert. Satan is a tempter, sent by god to test the "important people" in the book to affirm their righteousness.

If you mean the rest of my take on genesis, the symbols within are... Hell, archaic. Mesolithic at least. The world tree, sepents as harborers of wisdom, the holy goddess, mankind stepping into the realm of the otherworldly...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Firstly, Zachariah Sitchen causes prostate cancer. I just thought you might want to understand this before you delve any further into his made-up world of Sumerian space aliens.

That was really unhelpful. You sound like your beliefs are at odds with Sitchin and you would rather make silly attacks than to actually discuss the topic.

There was an author named Erich von Däniken who wrote a book called Chariots of the Gods. Somewhat like Sitchin, it focuses on the hypothesis that ancient civilization's culture, technology, and religion were handed down to them by space traveling aliens. I believe some parts of his book have been proven to be wrong though.

There were also 2 really interesting documentaries called "Ancient aliens" and "Ancient astronauts" that examined various religious texts such as the Bible and Mahabharata. They ask the question "What if the seemingly supernatural descriptions of gods and angels in religious texts were really just men who saw aliens and alien technology, and tried to desribe them the best they could with what they knew?"

Here they are! I highly recommend them if this subject interests you in the least. One is from Discovery, the other from the History Channel.

Ancient Aliens

Ancient Astronauts

Once again, you seriously need to watch these if you have not already.

For those who have heard the planet X theory, the planet has been discovered. It's name is Sedna

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Trauma]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
There are a lot of questions we should be asking right now:

1) The predictions circulating about Nibiru/planet X and it's nearing approach to earth: Are we beginning to see some of the gravitational affects (global warming, melting ice caps on Earth and Mars)?

No. The gravitational effects would include the atmosphere and oceans being tugged towards the oncoming planet - we would have massive tides and our atmosphere would be oppressively thick on one side of hte planet and dangerously thin on the other.

2) Why is the United States at war with Iraq? Could it be because there is something hidden in the land that is left over from the Anunnaki? Perhaps a special artifact (stargate, spaceship..), or key evidence of an alien creation?

No, the United States invaded Iraq because a large portion of the United States population (the conservative half) likes nothing more than a steaming pile of dead arabs, and Iraq was the weakest nation in the area. the United States has been suffering an acute Napoleon complex since the end of Veit Nam, and this was a good way for the brass to make hteir penises feel harder.

3) How did the Sumerians know so much about the solar system?

They didn't. Sitchen bases his claim entirely off of this cylinder seal. Even with the assumption that that is supposed to be the solar system, you would think someone with that kind of knowledge from an interstellar source would at least manage some accuracy and get the number of planets right. Why include earth's moon and Pluto, but not Charon or Ceres? Why not include any of Jupiter or Saturn's moons, or note any of the rings around the Gas Giants? surely at least Saturn would get some rings, since htey can be faintly seen with the naked eye.

What knowledge they did have of the stars, they got the same way the rest of humanity did - by studying them.

4) Are the latter religions misinterpretations of Sumerian mythology?

Nope. In fact the Hebraic root religion is different enough from the Mesopotamian religions to convince me that hte Hebrew tribes originated in North Africa rather than the Near East, and I don't buy into "alternative theories" that much. I'm sure some Sumerian myth got mixed in via Babylonian myth, though. And there are literally thousands of religions through history, most of which only have very loose and contrived similarities to the Sumerian myths.

Sumerian myth itself is likely a corruption of pre-vedic Hindu beleif though.

5) Are the Anunnaki coming back?

What for? Do they need to breed magic frogs to mine diamonds now?

6) Does the story of the Anunnaki tie in with the ancient Mayan tale of the two brothers coming to fight for earth?

Unlikely, unless the Annunaki made humanity out of cornbread.

Really think about these questions and this topic before outright shutting it down.

I've thought about them, I've investigated 'em, and I've read many others do the same. It just doesn't work, and the end result is a bunch of people with knowledge of hte subjects being railed at by people who think Sitchen and Tsarias are the epitome of human learning.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

I disagree. Warning curious people of the pure awfulness of Zechariah Sitchen is always helpful. The guy makes his bread by coming up with the goofiest ideas possible, then shoehorning someone's mythology and misrepresenting evidence to support the stupid idea, and then making a book about it. Lucrative perhaps, but I have yet to see any actual attempts at archeology from him.

Put another way, he is to history what pundits are to politics. He takes what other people have learned and discovered and translated, and reinterprets it to find a unique angle and to sell a book.

And for some reason there's a steady following of people who seem utterly willing to believe that a spacefaring race of gold-hungry genetic engineers designed us from lower primates to dig in the dirt for them because, gosh, evolution is soooo goofy an idea! And the very thought of something as stupid as humans being able to study the stars without such alien interference, or stack rocks without supercalifragilisticexpialadocious crystals... it irks me.

I understand how Dr. Zahi Hawass must feel every time some mook tries to claim Stargate is a documentary.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Trauma

I disagree. Warning curious people of the pure awfulness of Zechariah Sitchen is always helpful. The guy makes his bread by coming up with the goofiest ideas possible, then shoehorning someone's mythology and misrepresenting evidence to support the stupid idea, and then making a book about it. Lucrative perhaps, but I have yet to see any actual attempts at archeology from him.

Put another way, he is to history what pundits are to politics. He takes what other people have learned and discovered and translated, and reinterprets it to find a unique angle and to sell a book.

And for some reason there's a steady following of people who seem utterly willing to believe that a spacefaring race of gold-hungry genetic engineers designed us from lower primates to dig in the dirt for them because, gosh, evolution is soooo goofy an idea! And the very thought of something as stupid as humans being able to study the stars without such alien interference, or stack rocks without supercalifragilisticexpialadocious crystals... it irks me.

I understand how Dr. Zahi Hawass must feel every time some mook tries to claim Stargate is a documentary.

I will quote from Zecharia Sitchin's book, The 12th planet:

Authors Note

"THE PRIME SOURCE for the biblical verses quoted in The Twelfth Planet is the Old Testament in its original Hebrew text. It must be borne in mind that all the translations consulted-of which the principal ones are listed at the end of the book-are just that: translations or interpretations. In the final analysis, what counts is what the original Hebrew says."

Zecharia Sitchin's work is all original. He translates the Old Testament in the original Hebrew, and not the traditionally accepted (false) translations that led us to the New Testament where metaphors were taken literally.
He compares them to the ancient Sumerian and Akkadian texts as well.

Ask yourself:

Why did the Sumerians have a perfectly plotted star map of our solar system, save for the mysterious "Planet X" which is the 12th planet? Yes, I said 12 planets. The Sumerians considered the Moon a planet. We only recently discovered that Pluto is a double dwarf with Charon! So when you add Sedna, the planet that has a mysterious 10,500 year orbit, that makes 12 planets!

Sitchin deserves much respect for his work.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Check it out here is the photo of the Sumerian map.

Twelve planets.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Leira7, don't listen to these tossers, they are bible bashing christians who believe NOTHING else except what they read in the bible, they will denounce anything and everything that is not from the bible...

I for one believe in the story of Enki

Mod Note: Civility and Decorum are Required - Please Review This Link

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Sorry, don't mean you trauma...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke
Leira7, don't listen to these tossers, they are bible bashing christians who believe NOTHING else except what they read in the bible, they will denounce anything and everything that is not from the bible...

I for one believe in the story of Enki

I couldn't agree more

People should put all their beliefs to one side and open up their mind and eyes for a change!

What's the difference between Stichins book and the bible? you can't prove that either are correct.

I really do think we need to go back to the begining to learn what we are. The ancient sumerians are the oldest civilisation we have on record so we need to study them carefully. If they did have all this knowledge, then where did they get it from? that is the big question.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

Out of curiosity, does anyone roughly know the date this 'star map/chart' tablet was created? (if its even possible to date it?) I only ask as I can see a hexagram around what I guess is the sun? Im very interested in the origins/discovery of the hexagram aka star of david. Thanks in advance

[edit on 7-2-2008 by rapturas]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It is so good to see that some are becoming awake to the truth. Everything written in the Bible was taken from the Sumerian text, altered, and re-written to fit an agenda of domination. What god would say that you have sinned by simply being born (original sin), while also stating that once a "sin" is forgiven, it is forgiven forever? If taken seriously, then the Christian god has kept a grudge against Adam (who is really Adapa), and has passed it down to every human. So much for forgiveness. Enki did create humanity and saved Gilgimesh from the flood. The seven "days of creation" in the Bible are a re-write of the Seven Tablets of Creation written by the Sumerians. Everything they have stollen has been labeled as off-limits to the followers to keep them from finding the truth. The famous figure of Mary holding the baby Jesus is a rip-off from the exact same form of Isis holding Horus. These are facts proven by science.

This seems to be a truth that is growing at a geometric rate. I am grateful for this as well as dedicating my own site to this very topic. To see people coming to this without cohersion is fantastic. The Sumerians were not writting myth, but actual literal facts. They were aware of every planet, including size and shape, the moon's and the great time cycles of the Universe perfectly. They also counted the planets from the outside in because this is how the God's counted them. The god's came into the Solar System from the outside in, thus counting them from the outside in. The Truth is so much greater than anything that has tried to replace it!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I come as you ask with a open mind and just gonna just say some points as i read threw the post before me. still kinda new here hehe.

I don't see how that tablet shows great knowledge of the solar system, if they counted the moon as a planet why would they put the rest of the large moons in the solar system as planets like Callisto, Ganymede, Io, Europa, Triton and Titan? If they knew about Pluto and Charon why not put Eris and Dysnomia?

I don't understand how a advanced race would create another race and then not be able to keep population control over it... We easily Neuter our pets. Not only that making a race of humans seems rather foolish considering making machines that can work harder, faster, longer, without food and rest seems more efficient.

Then you believe this advanced race had to resort to flooding the plant to get rid of humans? No independence day style ships? No Nerve gas that could only effect humans? They didn't the notice the huge boat floating? If the polar ice caps melted it would take a long time for them to refreeze and recollect all the water thats was over the land wouldn't it? They don't seem to have a good reason to come back, maybe they can buy our gold. I'm pretty sure Niburu/planet X has been predicted to come at least 4 times already.

The reason God punishes people in the bible was to teach humanity a lesson, like a dad to his son, spanking, sending them to a corner, washing their mouth with soap, just on a much grander scale to get the point across. What gets your attention more and tells you to be good ... "Humans where evil and corrupt so god sent down a light rain to wash their sins away" or "God was upset and flooded the earth drowning 99% of humanity away."

How in the world can you be a bible bashing Christian who believes NOTHING else except what is read from the bible, and then denounce anything and everything that is not from the bible...aren't you bashing the bible to begin with?

It does not say in the bible you being born is a sin, it says you are born WITH sin. If we commit a sin and truly repent for it and call upon the name of the lord ONLY then shall you be forgiven... Other then the number 7 i don't see how its a re-write... Not once does it say god made man for mining/from animals/or tried to stop humans from making babies.

I would like to see the scientific evidence you say is out there...Not just articles written showing one mans opinion Or a tablet showing a sun like object surrounded by circles that could just as easily be stars of a constellation rather then planets.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForceMaster

This seems to be a truth that is growing at a geometric rate. I am grateful for this as well as dedicating my own site to this very topic.

Hi ForceMaster, I like what you are saying!

Do you have a link for this site you are doing? If so can you PM it to me please, I'd love to have a read

Thanks

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

First off, I'm assuming you've alowed such a notion as "ancient aliens" to ring true within your mind, you have to then search out the reality of these things.

The "King/Gods" of the sumarian culture were enslavers of mankind. Their own personal infomation handed down to the men around them was tainted in lies and personalized misperceptions of reality.

If you are willing to accept such ideas, then you need take it to the next level.

I don't much care documents given to us through any means other then historian scribes and the likes. However I did come accross one document that I thought I would "debunk" quickly accroding to the understandings I gained. I was shocked and awed at the accurateness and accuteness of the text.

Check into the "urantia book" paper 67 "The Planetary Rebelion" as it gives the back ground you've alread come to.

Off World Perspective of the King/Gods

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Incarnated]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join