It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American politics at all time low

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I couldn't even do the prime time voting thing. I just couldn't. I don't see any of these shivs doing anything but continuing the status quo. And it greatly saddens me. At least Kucinich admitted he saw a ufo. Bloody hell.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ron Paul is not a status quo politician...he's telling it like it is and knows more about the economy than any other candidate. The guy is awesome, check him out. He's the only candidate who voted against the iraq war and the patriot act. (except for Obama, who wasn't in congress at the time).

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
They all remind me of the futurama episode with the clone candidates. In a way they are all the same, at least to me they are. Does it even matter who wins? The next president is still only going to be a corporate puppet no matter who it is and theyve already decided who its going to be. Did you see on the news how much money osama, errr, I mean obama raised? 32 million dollars. Guess were the majority of that money came from. Just like when Bush was elected there are going to be corporations expecting a return on their presidential investment.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Precisely SoLar53.
I was listening to NPR this afternoon. Foreigners were kicking the heck out of our supposed 'democracy' in light of 5 major corporations down from 12 that now own major media.
You must be rich to 'own' the presidency. So much for telling any 3rd grader you might be president someday, if you get adopted by Bill Gates.
It was also questioned why Ron Paul gets so little media coverage even though he raised 30 plus million dollars on the internet from regular shmoes like us.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Precisely SoLar53.
I was listening to NPR this afternoon. Foreigners were kicking the heck out of our supposed 'democracy' in light of 5 major corporations down from 12 that now own major media.
You must be rich to 'own' the presidency. So much for telling any 3rd grader you might be president someday, if you get adopted by Bill Gates.
It was also questioned why Ron Paul gets so little media coverage even though he raised 30 plus million dollars on the internet from regular shmoes like us.

Ron Paul wasnt predetermined to win. That and he pretty much wants to restore the constitution and end the war and profits just cant take a hit like that. Its all about the money. If I gave you 30 million dollars to be president and then pulled strings to get you there you can bet Id want you to pass bills that would help me get my money back plus. Government+money=BIG BUISNESS

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Beware the military industrial complex, truer words never spoken.
You mean like Diebold, halliburton, etc? Rofl, you betcha.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Ron Paul was our only hope.. and he was completely censored. Being a part of that whole fiasco (supporting ron paul for the last 8 months) I gotta admit, my paranoia is at an all-time high.

We are in for some major ..changes indeed.

My predictions, just so i can say i predicted some stuff, cause man, i feel it in my gut. Call it empathy or some kind of Psychic ability, or just gut rot..

Mrs. Clinton will somehow win the entire Election.
We will have another Terrorist Attack.
We will invade Pakistan to weed out Al Queda. Then Iran.
People will protest at an alarming rate I imagine, at this point, because it will all be done very quickly, and while something else, perhaps the Olympics, are going on.
We will find out what Homeland Security is really there for.
We will find out what the empty Detention Centers in America are for.
We will find out what Political Protesters, 9/11 Truthers, UFO Believers, Animal Rights Activists, Peace Activists and Enviornmental Activists have in common. = The Enemies of the New World Order. Divided into groups, but United in the idea of FREEDOM, Freedom of TRUTH and KNOWLEDGE, the Freedom to think outside the box, to ask questions, to not just accept what theyre told, to stand up for what they feel to be right!

Just some random thoughts.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
ibbb, I would not be one bit surprised. Actually, I've been thinking w is going to find a way to maintain a war time presidency, dam the elections. (no great shakes on that unless Paul is miraculously elected)
I was mortified congress was actually asked to ratify a repeal of the 2 term executive 'term'.
911 questions. Pearl Harbor events.
Nothing would surprise me anymore.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by itsblownbackbaby

Ron Paul was our only hope... if your hope is to become a third-world nation overseen by fifty rival nations under the absolute control of non-national corporate giants. Poor Ron Paul means well, but, well... I'm afraid good intentions still need good ideas to pair with htem.

I wouldn't be surprised by a Clinton win, but the rest? I find it highly unlikely. We would crumble under our own weight if even two of those came true.

Now, if we had Huckleberry in charge, THEN you would raise some realistic concerns.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It does not matter who wins, the agenda will still be the same because it will still be the same people pulling the strings. We can keep on being concerned with all those probable events because they will still probably happen because it all still fits the corporate agenda no matter which puppet gets installed.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Woah woah woah..

"well... I'm afraid good intentions still need good ideas to pair with htem."

you are kidding me right? What do you think is a good Idea exactly? Or a bad one?

You think getting rid of the IRS is a bad idea?

You think following the Constitution is a bad idea?

Returning to the Gold Standard, again, Good or Bad Idea?

Closing our Borders so those nasty terrorists / illegals cant come waltzing over, good or bad idea?

Bringing our Troops home from Iraq, South Korea, Afghanistan etc etc etc, again, good or bad idea?

Promoting trade, talking and being friends with Nations instead of going into Nation building/Wars?? GOOD or BAD?

Ripping up the "Patriotic Act" and any other bills that turn our Government into a Dictatorship and restore it for the People BY the people, GOOD OR BAD?

Ron Paul's been in Congress for the last 20 years. HE HAS the voting Record to back up what he says.

HUCKABEE? While he is clearly insane and a bird killer, McCain and Clinton are far worse. Huck was just a minor player in their Reality Show.

if you go to ronpaul2008.com, you can get more informed.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
"It does not matter who wins, the agenda will still be the same because it will still be the same people pulling the strings. We can keep on being concerned with all those probable events because they will still probably happen because it all still fits the corporate agenda no matter which puppet gets installed"

Exactly. 'N that is exactly why Ron Paul was not given a fair shake.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A vote for any front runner is a vote for the status quo but not bowing to the powers that be might be an invitation to an execution, your own. Not to wax nostalgic but JFK actually was going to make some changes. Specifically cut the CIA in half, at least budget wise and he had also decided to not escalate US involvement in Vietnam. Could that have been a threat to the military/industrial rulers of America? No doubt and because he was going to change things he was excised. The only President since him who wasn't really cut from the same cloth of “keeps it the sameness” was Carter. Perhaps that was just a necessary interlude to bring America to its senses. Hey we'll let this guy win, make sure he is totally ineffective and then offer a repentant electorate the chance to get back on track with a series of lackeys who will do nothing but carry out the agenda of the well healed at the expense of 99% of Americans. Their genius is that they have most Americans absolutely duped into thinking they are doing the right thing.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by polanksi]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
History has a sickening way of repeating itself. Its all cyclical and we are traped in the loop. The only way thing are going to change is by getting worse not better.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
And a whole lot worse my friend until people wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Its really sad to think that for the majority its going to take some really messed up crap for people to realize whats going on.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

[edit on 11-2-2008 by donk_316]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberSEAL

I wouldn't say Ron Paul knows more about the economy than anyone. He jsut talks about it more. Fact is, he focuses on the sort of free-market, hard-right capitalist rhetoric that simply cannot work in a nation of millions. Maybe if Rhode Island were an independent nation, Ron Paul economic policies would work there, but applied to a nation as large as the United States, it would lead to widespread poverty and the transformation of hte United States into a full-out service economy, dependent on Korean tourists visiting the Grand Canyon.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
We are screwed. Totally and exponetially. 'Not one on these want a be's say get our collective ass out of Iraq'.
I don't like the killing even at the behest or best interest of this bloody country.
Out damn spot, why won't the spot rub out.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I keep thinking about the orders Bush signed allowing the president the power of an emperor in a time of emergency. The thing that keeps popping in my head is what if someone like Obama got to use those powers. President Obama for life. I dont know why but that scenario keeps popping in my head and for some reason and I dont like the way it plays out. I just see him being the worst puppet ever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join