It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: SE07 - Brent Spiner – “Data’s Dreamland”

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
ATS MIX:

Brent Spiner – “Data’s Dreamland” - SE07

In this ATS MIX Special Edition, Dave interviews science fiction’s favorite son, Brent Spiner, known primarily for his portrayal as Lieutenant Commander Data on Star Trek: The Next Generation. As one of the main characters, he appeared in all but one episode of the series' 178 episode run. He has also acted in other films, including a notable role in Independence Day as Dr. Brackish Okun (chief scientist at Area 51). In 1991, he recorded an album of 1940’s pop standards entitled “Ol' Yellow Eyes Is Back”, the title of which was a play on the yellow eyes he sported as Data. He has since had guest appearances on Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Friends, Deadly Games, Mad About You, Gargoyles, Frasier, Joey, The Outer Limits, as well as movie roles in films such as Phenomenon, Dude, Where's My Car?, Out To Sea, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, Geppetto, I Am Sam, Master of Disguise and The Aviator. He had a sizable lead role as Dorothy Dandridge's manager/confidant Earl Mills in the HBO production Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, which was partially based on Mills' book Dorothy Dandridge. Brent has just recently launched his magnificent, futuristic website and is about to release a wonderful new CD entitled “Dreamland”. Brent’s latest movie “Superhero Movie” is due for release March 28, 2008. Brent’s “Emotion Chip” must have been in place because Dave finds out Brent has a wonderful sense of humor and by the end of the interview, a new great friendship.

VISIT Brent Spiner’s HOME PAGE

WATCH “Superhero Movie” TRAILER

To DOWNLOAD This Program, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Also Consider SUBSCRIBING To The Shows Through iTunes Where They Are Downloaded To Your computer Automatically.

Subscribe To The ATS MIX Show With iTunes

Subscribe To The ATS MIX Show With RSS Feed

Please FLAG, STAR & DIGG The Show If You Enjoy It

length: 54:19
file: atsmix_2796.mp3
size: 25467k
feed: atsmix

[edit on 11/9/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
finally! kick ass!

i can't wait to hear this; downloading now...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Man, I missed posting a question. Who better to post a question than Data's own kind, with one exception: emotions!!

Ugh!! Oh well, next time!!

TheBorg

P.S. I'm getting that CD though... Guaranteed.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
OK, for those of us who are technological slow learners (I ride the short bus to my CPU), can someone tell me what I did wrong, and how to correct it?

I followed the instructions, downloaded to my desktop, but when I clicked to open, this page came up again...with a difference. There are odd characters interspersed in place of some punctuation marks like this: "a wonderful new CD entitled “Dreamland”. Brent’s latest movie “Superhero Movie” is due for release March 28, 2008. Brent’s “Emotion Chip” must have been in place"

Do I need some sort of special software to be able to play this?
I'm dying to hear the interview to see what Brent's been up to lately. I love his "Yellow Eyes" CD. He really has a great voice.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If you are talking about the show, you can simply hit the PLAY button on this page to hear it. If you are referring to download procedures..... you might create a file (which I have done long ago) that simply says DOWNLOADS, then try again with the instructions given to that file. You DON'T click OPEN...... you simply CLICK on the FILE and it should start playing with whatever device you have on your computer to play such files.

Dave

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Being a closet Trekkie (Next Gen being my fave only behind the emotive original Kirk) I have to say that I enjoyed the heck out of this interview. I have been fascinated by the Data character ever since Brent first started playing him and learning about the person behind the character.

When Brent appeared in "Independence Day" I almost didn't recognize him, it was a genius piece of acting IMHO.

GREAT JOB Daveroo.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Awesome cd Spiners got going

TNG is my fav. Data is the modern Spock, but funnier.

Great interview. Looking forward to the new movie he's in.

FK

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Excelllent this really has made my night! Unfortunatly as my son is in bed, and the headphones left at a mates. So I'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear it....fate can play such cruel tricks sometimes.

Wayne...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Great write up about him ... will have to check the podcast when I have access to sound.

You missed his role in Threshold ... currently airing on one of the HD channels ... 2005, only one season and it was canceled. Wasn't that bad at all, I have seen much worse shows continue on forever. What a shame.

Great actor IMHO.

TNG is my fav ST.

Good going ATS on grabbing an interview

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

If I remember correctly, they touched on Threshold briefly. I remember looking it up on Google.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Brent Spiner is a legend

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

I meant in the written intro

I wasn't able to experience the interview from not being able to listen to it at that time.

I only knew it because they were playing it a lot on the HD channel (Universal HD I think).

Sorry for not communicating well enough

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
No worries. I liked the interview. Now I just need to acquire the funds to get the personalized copy.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Ahhhh---"the icky part" ! I am assuming you refer to "Dr. Okun"? Yes it was brilliant. I remember Brent from early times; bit parts on Night Court as a
pigeon-Spanish speaking Appalachia-type redneck "interpreter".

Springer--who could forget the "Data's Head" episodes of Generations? One of their best!

Thanks, Dave and Johnny---brilliant piece!

(BTW--I have been silent of late--but--keep your ears and eyes open for the new "Ed Littlefox UN-Spun" series --uploading soon.... near you!)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I would have posted questions but I actually didn't have any...The only thing I would say is that Brent doesn't need facial hair..Just don't man.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Heh, my question about Brent playing the wacky scientist on Independence Day & his opinion on aliens made it!!!! ....to which he successfully dodged, haha. Guess he doesn't have any insider info on aliens, or none he wants to talk about anyways.

Great interview!

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
What? How? First Jesse Marcel, now Brent Spiner? I already told you guys how great you are on the Marcel thread, but yeah, you guys rock. End of story.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
My favorite character that Brent ever played was the mental French ostrich farmer in 'Dude wheres my car'. That character should have had a whole spin off series of his own.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Another great show my friends!!!

I look forward to each one

top topics

join