It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton Case. Legitimate Encounter.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
width="425" height="355"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/YN7SBc-vUJI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Just then my eye was caught by a light coming through the trees on the right, a hundred yards ahead. I idly assumed that the glow was the sun going down in the west. Then it occurred to me that the sun had set half an hour ago. Curious, I thought it might be the light of some hunters camped there — headlights or maybe a fire. Some of the guys must have caught sight of it too, because the men on the right side of the truck had fallen silent.

As we continued driving up the road toward the brightness, we passed in sight of it for an instant. We barely got a glimpse through gnarled branches before we rolled past the opening in the trees.

"Son of a . . ." Allen started.

"What the hell was that?" I asked.
www.travis-walton.com...

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.

[Mod Edit- add ex tags, edit post]

Copy and paste posts are not considered acceptable at ATS,

Please review the following regarding the use of external content:

External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[Mod Edit BB Code]
Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/2/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Rock solid cases complete with 6 witnesses. The Travis Walton Case reknown for no one being able to debunk this encounter and alien abduction of a man, seen by 6 witnesses who all passed lie detector test.
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The Original Posted material comes from
www.travis-walton.com...

Bye bye.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What I found cool is how Travis went into that room, that would dim to show the stars as you approached the chair.

Boyd Bushman said that the Roswell craft did the same thing - when you looked inside it, it was like it was invisible!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This story had a profound impact on the UFO community and the mainstream media. Totally believable and a damn good movie too.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I agree this is one of the best UFO encounters ever, this incident has been looked into, turned inside out, investigated beyond belief, and i bet destroyed a marrage or two, and it still could never be debunked.

Lie detector tests even though they can be confused, experts have said that confusion does not arise when so many pass the test concerning the same events,

The Apache Sitgreaves Forest in Northern AZ, is one of the biggest Forests in the USA, i have myself seen objects obove the Forest flying back and fourth above the Mogolon rim, i have camped out there with friends and heard lots of very strange noises (as you do in forests)

I have had many hours of fun watching people trying to debunk this case im always happy when the subject comes up.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I have had many hours of fun watching people trying to debunk this case im always happy when the subject comes up.

Well, what's to debunk? It's pretty hard to debunk somebody who just has a story and no proof to speak of. Likewise, it's tough to prove anything happened at all. So what is there to do with it? You either choose to believe it, or not, or it just sits as a part of UFO history until additional information becomes available (unlikely).

Personally, since I'm not the believing type, I acknowledge that it's an interesting story, but I'm not going to jump up and down and accept it as positive proof of aliens.

It is what it is.

P.S. -- I like the Hickson-Parker encounter better. The aliens are not so stereotypic.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It is a great movie! Maybe the OP saw Fire in the Sky and was compelled to do more research, leading to the post. I dont see any issues with that. When I first saw the movie, I had to read up on it, and then wanted to discuss it on the forum.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This case is just as credible as the Stephenville UFO case. All we have are eyewitness accounts of what they saw that night... and that's it...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I happen to be reading the book right now.

The movie version of what happened during the abduction is pure Hollywood. Not even close to Walton's account. If you think you know Walton's story from the movie, you don't.

I'd recommend the book, if you haven't read it. (I mean you in the collective sense. Not you personally.

[edit on 2/4/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The Travis Walton story/movie had a big impression on me at the time I watched. I did beleive him. I have an image seared into my head of the actor playing Travis in the movie laying naked in a deserted area in a fetal position looking pretty dazed and confused.

The book was written way to dramatically for my taste, like this line from the post above

"Let's go catch that pickup and get help!" John yelped excitedly.

Yelped excitedly??? lol

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
This case is just as credible as the Stephenville UFO case. All we have are eyewitness accounts of what they saw that night... and that's it...

No, we have a man who DISAPPEARED for a period of time, and then 6 people who ALL had the same story, and passed lie detector tests - NONE of whom made money off of this, instead were ridiculed. This is much different than stephenville.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
unfortunately theres no evidence, some redneck running around naked in the forest is not proof of anything, hes probably a drunk or a liar

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
He passed many lie detector tests.

I think there's a reason you got -1200 pts.

Are you Klass' kid?

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Lord XIII]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
anybody can pass a lie detector, thats why its not used in a court room

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Could be wrong, but seems to me Walton passed one Polygraph exam and failed two, all paid for by the National Enquirer. All of them were given $5000.00 ea for best NE story of the month or something like that.

Personally, I believe Walton's account and to my knowledge neither Walton or the rest of tree-choppers with him when struck-down have changed their stories over the years. Fire in the Sky was dramatized and for me is suspect to the actual events.

The part of his story I have trouble with is, after being missing for five days why did his urine sample test results indicate sustenance in his system? Was his person in a kind of suspended state, was he fed? I have yet to learn the answer to that riddle.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Travis Walton case. Travis Walton stood underneath a spaceship from another world and a beam of light came out of the bottom of the craft and knocked Travis Walton unconscious. The 6 witnesses who observed this sped away in terror. They went back to see if they could find Travis's body but he was gone.
5 days later Travis Walton returns.
Lie detectors taken. Lie detectors reveal confirmation in the 6 gentlemens accounts of what happened to Travis Walton.

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Here is an interview with Travis Walton a Unite...
(more)
Added: August 05, 2007
Here is an interview with Travis Walton a United States forest ranger who was abducted by a UFO on November 5, 1975, while working on a logging crew in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest near Snowflake Arizona. After intensive searches Walton could not be found, but reappeared after the Aliens returned him five days later.
7 Parts UFO DIRECTORY

---------------------------------

www.cohenufo.org...

Mr. Walton's physiological responses were monitored during the presentation of these questions by means of a Scientific Assessment Technology's Computer, Model CAPS 700. The following responses were recorded on this instrument's strip chart: relative blood pressure; skin conductance; thoracic and abdominal respiration. Data from three presentations of these questions were respiration. Data obtained for each series, and were subject to numerical scoring and computer­based analysis.

The numerical score of Series #1 was +34. The numerical score of Series #2 was +26. In the system of numerical scoring developed and validated at the University of Utah, total numerical scoring of +6 or more is considered indications of truthfulness.

The computer­based analysis returned a posterior probability of truthfulness of .964 in the first series, and a .961 in the second series. These indicating that charts like these produced in each series, by Mr. Walton, are produced by truthful examinees 96% of the time.

Continued at source...

[Mod Edit: Please see Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** and note the importance ATS places on this matter. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 7/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
theres still zero evidence that he was abducted, youll have to take his word and im not that stupid

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join