It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Flashing Lights, what are they?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
After watching several videos of “UFO’s” I have become fascinated with the lights of these objects. In a couple of videos like the Bakersfield UFO, the lights appear to flash in non-sequential, random flashes. This leads me to the following questions:

Why would a UFO of extra-terrestrial origin need lights on the exterior?
They must serve a purpose.

A. Anti-collision
B. Identification
C. Communication

Anti-collision lights are possible but this seems unnecessary. If the “occupants” were of such advanced technology it would seem that they would have collision avoidance systems and would not be too concerned about things bumping into them. These lights certainly are NOT the approved international navigation lights used by all terrestrial aircraft.

Identification is another possibility, but identification by whom or what? Since so many sightings are of one craft only, the need to flash identification information would seem unnecessary, at least to other airborne objects. If they were to be concerned with “stealth”, they certainly would not advertise their position with flashing lights.

Communication seems to be the most probable, in my opinion. But, communication with whom or what?

The arrangement and colors of lights seem very purposeful. Changing of colors and seemingly erratic sequencing seems more like a communication system. The placement of these lights becomes worrisome, though, if they are used for communication. The lights are visible from the ground, so they are apparently directed to the ground. Does this mean that they are trying to communicate with us, or someone or something else on the surface of our planet (just outside of Bakersfield and Stephenville, TX)?

I don’t think I have seen this discussed anywhere so hopefully this is new fodder to chew on. Perhaps, by taking everything we observe and breaking it down into questions, we can begin to see purpose in the appearance of these phenomenon.

Any discussion?

Hopup

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
you forgot to mention... they could be wanting to signal a female UFO so they can have baby UFOs

I'm j/k.

i understand the concept of lights on aircrafts. when planes fly over, they have lights on their wings as a way to signal other crafts from running into them.

i was actually thinking about maybe they're data lights. the processing light on your computer flashes when it is working, loading information. that might be what UFOs are doing. they might have nothing to do with communication at all.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Terence99201]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Interesting theory. But if they wanted to communicate with us, don't you think they would just land? I don't think they would try to communicate with us via lights.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Most likely for anti-collision purposes. Most UFOs seen are likely shuttles/small reconnaissance ships deployed from larger spaceships, these shuttles/recons almost certainly are used in their own homeworlds as well so that would explain the need for anti-collision lights.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that the lights from UFOs are built right in the craft's skin. Think of how a chameleon changes it's colors. They probably serve multple purposes. Obviously nanotech of a very highly evolved nature, that we are a long way of coming even close to duplicating.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Terence99201

Data collection? That's a great idea. Since I have seen 2 videos with objects over highways at night, it could be possible that the craft are of a robotic nature and are in some way confused by auto and truck lighting and are gathering data about this phenomenon.

I still lean more to communication, though. I doubt they are to communicate with us, but more likely something among us.

Hopup

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
They are the general warning signals of dont' shoot, don't eat me. Or, it's Saturday nite fever funky ufo, or .........rofl

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sorry HD, that was borderline rude. Sometimes my attempt at humor leaves much to be admired. My apologies. Some certainly don't go about shielded from vision, which leads me to the only answer I can think of. They want us to know their presence. They do seem to have an odd curiosity over our highway vehicles.
Peace.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

No problem, jpm. No offense taken. I'm not too sure about whether they "want" us to see them or not. I tend to think that whether or not we see them is of little concern to them or their "mission". I don't think they are concerned about our politics either. There are those who ask "Why don't they just land on the White House lawn?" and my reply is "They really don't give a rip about what we think, believe or do, as long as we don't present a threat to them."

Hopup

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Agreed to a point HD.
In '97 was travelling along I480 at normal highway speed. Clear as a bell day, no clouds. My associate and I were overtaken by a shadow triangle so large it enveloped all 8 lanes of traffic, east and west. I had my shotgun pop his head out of window and he saw 'nothing'. But we both know what we saw.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Now that is interesting. I just read another report in the last two days about the same thing happening to someone. He/she (or maybe even more witnesses, I can't find the report again) told of a huge triangle shadow in the clouds above. They watched as the clouds were broken, expecting to see the object between clouds, but nothing was visible even though the shadow remained on clouds on both sides of the opening. This would indicate cloaking ability by projecting the image of sky above to the belly surface of the object - optical stealth. This would seem to be a development by more terrestrial sources (read military), as there has not been an evident need shown for stealth by our friends from afar, IMHO. Of course, if they have that capability it follows that we would not see them when so cloaked, so it's a guess either way.
I believe that it is now virtually impossible to distinguish the difference between the ET craft and the military black ops craft by the "man on the street" since our technology has come so far in the past 30 years or so. Any hypothesis about ETUFO's would require study of reports prior to 1970 because after that, it is just a guess as to which is being observed.
Hopup

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Would not surprise me to be black op. But they had to get their tech from somewhere too.
I read in nazi germany people were prompted not to discuss black triangles.
Are they ours? Very good ?.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terence99201
you forgot to mention... they could be wanting to signal a female UFO so they can have baby UFOs

I'm j/k.

i understand the concept of lights on aircrafts. when planes fly over, they have lights on their wings as a way to signal other crafts from running into them.

i was actually thinking about maybe they're data lights. the processing light on your computer flashes when it is working, loading information. that might be what UFOs are doing. they might have nothing to do with communication at all.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Terence99201]

I do not go for your line of joke!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Oh lighten up DC...when discussing such crazy stuff as ufo's, ufo shadows, etc etc etc....a certain amount of joviality and levity can be much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Another oddity regarding UFO lights:

In many reports the lights appear to "respond" to high powered flashlights, etc. (see CSETI)
There are many, many reports from the San Luis Valley of Colorado (Mysterious Valley) (where I grew up) that when a UFO is spotted by a motorist, and the motorist pulls off the road and shuts off his headlights, the UFO lights respond by turning off. Then when the motorist turns his lights back on, the UFO returns the compliment. In one recorded incident, the motorist turned off his headlights but not the parking lights. To his amazement, the UFO light changed from white to amber (the color of the parking lights). Upon turning around and beating a hasty retreat because the UFO was coming toward them, a passenger in the car turned to see the UFO with red lights (tail light color). All of this happened while the UFO was at a very low altitude and well below the mountain range in the background.

The San Luis Valley is a UFO hotspot of long duration - 1950's to present day. It was the home of the 1st animal mutilation, Snippy the horse (only the horse's name was actually Lady, Snippy being her mother - leave it to the press!). Actually, the UFO sightings date back to the Indian tribes of the area prior to the white man's arrival.

Side Note:
As a kid there (in the 50's - "62) (yeah, I'm an old geezer) I remember very well the UFO FLAP of the late 50's (and continuing virtually unabated since). I had a couple of sightings as well as did many friends, relatives and acquaintances. In 1960 the US Army sent several Heuy helicopters to Alamosa, Colo for "high altitude" testing, research and training. We all figured they came to keep an eye on the UFO's, especially since they always went out at night and headed toward the Sand Dunes National Monument - where most of the UFO's seemed to pop up.

Hopup

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Hopup Dave]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hopup, I've used laser, high powered dig cam flash to initiate contact. It was the dig flash that brought about a red orb one nite. Very interesting you should mention that.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Interesting question, and there's one that I haven't heard anyone ever mention.

First, I'm no subscriber to the ETH. I think there's way too many possibilities for UFO/alien origins to limit it to "they're from outer space".

A lot of data collected from witnesses who've seen craft up close have stated that the outer skin of the UFO almost "looked like it was alive", and some have even gone so far as to say the UFO itself seemed to be a living thing.

A very large portion of sightings take place near water. So, for instance, what if UFOs are from the deepest oceans, and are a life form thats been there since before us, evolving independently of us...and have thousands if not more years of evolution over us.

So what does the deepest sea life have that we might equate UFO lights to.

Bioluminescence.

Could this be why the lights always seem odd in comparison to our lights. Bioluminescence can also react to outside light stimulus.

Who knows right? I came up with this idea one night and thought it was pretty out there, til you realize what faction of the military/intelligence you always see on UFO documents.

Anyone wanna hazard a guess what dept it is?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopup Dave
A. Anti-collision
B. Identification
C. Communication

You forgot

D. Propulsion

The transfer of energy always produces by-products.
Maybe - just maybe - they're simply an exhaust system?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It must be an artistic display, why else? they are so advanced anti collision would be automated, so therefore it must be a visual style like those dudes who plaster stickers all over a $3k honda, but UFO style thats all

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Bioluminescence: Yes, I have wondered about that myself for the very reasons you put forth.

There seems to be several "light" sources with UFO's. The "saucer" types appear to have a ring of colored glow about the outer edge according to many reports. This glow will change color according to the action of the object. From bluish/white to orange to yellow according to speed and motion. This might indicate the mode of propulsion.

This is not what I was referring to in starting this thread, though, as I am curious about the bright lights that are placed in specific locations, mostly on the underside of the central portion of "saucer" craft and are usually white, blue, or red and may blink on and off in a non-sequential manner.

In the case of "triangles", the white lights are at the corners but I have never read anything about them blinking. There are lights reported to be at the rear vertical end of the triangles that blink in sometimes sequential manner, and sometimes randomly. the videos of the Bakersfield triangle, however, have an array of lights on the underside that are blinking in a very curious random manner. These, I think, are akin to light fixtures for the purpose of something other than propulsion and are what I started this thread about.

As far as the "UFO" as a living entity itself, anything is possible, but I rather lean the other way. Especially since there are so many witness reports of beings leaving and entering these objects, not to mention the radar contacts indicating metallic contacts and the ability to leave the atmosphere.

Hopup

top topics

<<   2 >>

join