It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we are stuck on earth.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

Why did you post this on your post, Also why did you post this on this post and then added these words below where these words do not appear on this post? I was posting when you posted that and you must not have seen the date of his post. I'm wondering where he went to on this cause he is still posting stuff. He was writing what he was thinking about not that he believed in what that topic was.

obsidian468 Registered: 28-1-2005 and his post was posted on 22-6-2006 @ 07:10 PM. Editorial: Editorial: How to achieve world peace, or how I learned to love the human race through genetic manip

P.S. Oddly enough I just posted about this very subject last night:

You posted the above posted on 2-2-2008 @ 11:02 AM

You say empathy but when technology is rejected theres hardly a recourse, say Hillary Clinton knew America has money to fund new computers in every state and is willing to enforce a new law to force pharmacies to comply to faster computing methods, there are still problems which will occur outside the realm of how it is working if a simple payment failure occurs following a legislative bill support which paid for something expires then what was to be paid for has no appropriated money and the thing is taken away. Suppose several states have doctors that are sued and they had a insurer in case of malpractice so they lost their job and career the only way to fix that is the insurer increasing the cost of the insured and the only insured will be those required by law to be insured and then there goes the neighborhood again cause their policy rates will most surely be increased. How can a Universal Health Care Plan which includes both doctors and patients solve anything. (UHCP) is a wicked way of shuffling the deck of the insured. If by some miracle the administration has begun engaging in a supercomputer that can handle every states need for a computer based network which encompasses pharmaceutical purchases by consumers that will decrease their waiting time for verification of a prescription purchase at any pharmacy then there will be a Universal Health Care Plan that might work for both Medicare and Medicaid insured but that is a question of whether all pharmacy computers will be replaced to comply to this, will this increase consumer prices for medications.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Getting there is part of the quest.
Artist's conception of the terminal at New Mexico's Spaceport America, which officials hope opens in late 2009 or early 2010, $198 million New Mexico spaceport project will have an 18,000-acres (north of Las Cruces and east of Truth or Consequences). Groundbreaking will be this year. I would like to know if Virgin Galactic could land on the moon. Think what a fleet delivery vessel would look like if that became a issue instead of singular maneuvering ea. to the moon, who's government would buy a moon space port if they had a opportunity, China. Would China like to use the Virgin Galactic or have a better one to bring a fleet to the moon. Then so if China has such a bad time with its existance on earth what if Chinese scientists decided to make the moon their major concern to raise a new civilization there and sell off the China nation to the highest bidder, could the United States be in the bidding or not? It would be very hard to understand why any Chinese astronautic team would want to go to deep-space or another galaxy, much less our astronauts. As far as being stuck on earth I believe China feels they can accomplish more if they were not stuck on earth and then too maybe advance farther than the United States, they sure have the Gold wealth to do what they desire thanks to the United States. There will come a day when China philosophy stretches that, "We Are not Stuck On Earth, See You Later".

Major milestones ahead for N.M. spaceport

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
The vast majority of our junk DNA has recently been found to not be shared with any other primate species, and therefore, certifiably alien.

[edit on 2/0208/08 by neformore]

Just because a function or related evolvement has not been found for Human Junk DNA does not mean the studies ever will reach into other creatures DNA which do not logically exist, studies are based on actual functions for current human DNA, nothing of comparison for alien anything. I read that a Amoeba (Amoeba dubia) is the largest genome so far with 670 billion base pairs of DNA, over 200 times larger than the human genome, while the genome of a cousin, Amoeba proteus, has a mere 290 billion base pairs. There are a lot of theories for Junk DNA but nothing to indicate their exact function so until the study has completed ther most likely will be nothing to compare the results to. If aliens had DNA as I figure from what descriptions I have seen they do not have mouths, they do not talk, they mimic communication via telepath means only, they do not depend of touch sensory perception and have less feelings for pain perception and have no equilibrium so how can they be classified as having DNA, perhaps a micro DNA would explain the non functions which DNA has been found to possess in humans. If then a micro DNA they do not need DNA as a means of mass producing their species and have some other key mechanism more advanced than DNA, who knows for sure what a alien has or has not, nothing to compare. Farom 'beyond out of the woodwork', not of this reality but a totally new realm.

Believe what you want but don't assume with certainty there is a '+' and a '-' only as these two charges may only exist in our dimension and since a 5th dimension could exist and beings evolved from within it...

Physicists probe the fifth dimension
Can we prove realms exist beyond our plane ... or ‘brane’?

I believe there is proof we can find this reality is similar to a invisible wormhole in space not as a described mini black hole, and can be created utilizing Dark Matter. If so the theory of Why we are stuck on earth cannot be true as we could create ourselves a new realm of existance without having to go far at all, invisibility may become reality one day so I would class 'limbo' as this space within a 5th deminsion and therefore not anywhere which is definable esp. as being on earth if earth were destroyed I would still be in 'limbo' and maybe forever if I couldn't return to where I came from then where would I go.

This is a new spin off the ideology of how DNA came to be, if there were dimensions in space that had no uniformity somtime before the planets evolved, then micro-mini DNA might have begun first, from this came mini DNA and the from out of one of the dimensions sprung forth this mini DNA sequence which would have then had to exist within the dimension we are in right now else it to would have ceased to exist so the DNA had to evlove but functions had to also manifest, the age of DNA loses functions because the chains are broken and the repair mechanism could change because of a shift of dimensional existance so evolution cannot be classified as being a direct influence to our DNA and therefore we did not evolve from aliens. Our DNA is proof that DNA cannot exist in all dimensions, nor could aliens or a theoretical space ship termed as a UFO which also could be a miini-micro DNA or higher than DNA sequence and I suspect that the later would be true based on it having evolved in another dimension which we do not know exists.

Just a few of my thoughts on your post. I cannot think beyond what I do not know well but you get the main idea, Our DNA has a need for '+' and '-' so maybe there is something besides this which is another species to define which we have yet to encounter.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by OoTopNotchoO]

[edit on 3-2-2008 by OoTopNotchoO]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I did not have time to read this entire topic, however, I wil make sure to come back to it and read the rest when I have time.

My comment on your rather ridiculous theory is as follows:

Had you done any research on Near death experiences, you would have come across several interesting things of note, one of them being that, during Near Death Experiences (or, when you actually die) your pineal gland in your brain (behind your hypothalamus, which is directly in the centre of your brain) releases a chemical called nn-'___'.
This is a highly psychoactive substance, read up on it on www.erowid.com or google it.

This is not a proven fact, but it makes sense, logically (as if psychedelics make sense!)

Second of all, you mentioned empathy -- hmm, where have i heard that before? ah! back to www.erowid.com, look up MDMA, otherwise known as extacy. I will spare you with the background information of this drug, and just tell you this, it causes the user to feel extremely empathetic, and sometimes the people who use this drug have their lives or mentalities changed. I am not trying to advocate irresponsible drug use, however, it is an interesting point to your theory.

MDMA did indeed come from our extremely intelligent brains (or extremely dull, depending on how you look at it...) however, '___' which I associate with NDEs comes from within our own brains. And we're not the only ones.

This paragraph is not about drugs. Actually, this paragraph is to tell you that you are a little bit stupid. Don't be insulted! It's just that, you've never been an ape, have you? Maybe apes have different moral standards than you and I do and could therefore be doing the same evil things that you claim all humans do. Just look at it from their perspective... just like you want people to look at the suffering they cause unto other people, look at what apes do to apes, or what humans do to other animals or plants or any living organism. You'd be surprised at the amount of what you would consider 'cruelty' in the world. It's necessary in my mind. A world without cruelty would be a utopia that would get boring fast.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annihilator
My comment on your rather ridiculous theory is as follows:
Had you done any research on Near death experiences, you would have come across several interesting things of note, one of them being that, during Near Death Experiences (or, when you actually die) your pineal gland in your brain (behind your hypothalamus, which is directly in the centre of your brain) releases a chemical called nn-'___'.
This is a highly psychoactive substance, read up on it on www.erowid.com or google it.
This is not a proven fact, but it makes sense, logically (as if psychedelics make sense!)

I am extremely familiar with tryptomine class compounds (but have never used them - my knowledge stems from a purely keen interest in pharmacological and molecular biology) such as '___', '___', MDMA etc. but are you familiar with the mechanism by which they -all- operate to produce such affects? They have something *very* similar and interesting in common which says volumes about the nature and origin of consciousness itself.
First let me remind you that the main point of this thread was that humans are quarantined and unable to travel beyond this earth because we are barbarian ape men who are too sadistic to be welcomed and embraced by other galactic cultures. With that said, I'll indulge your tangent with a sprinkling of interesting facts which you will enjoy:

1) Tryptomine class drugs affect consciousness by forming temporary hydrogen van der Waals weak bonding (much like ice crystals form from water) to the nano-tubule structures of the brain. I'll provide a useful link so no one thinks I'm making this up:
www.jbc.org...

This implies that micro tubule structures play and extremely important role in our consciousness, and while we have just opened up a fascinating door to new brain research, the implications that the brain is a "quantum cage" for consciousness is beginning to gain firm footing:

www.quantumconsciousness.org...

Second of all, you mentioned empathy -- hmm, where have i heard that before? ah! back to www.erowid.com, look up MDMA, otherwise known as extacy. I will spare you with the background information of this drug, and just tell you this, it causes the user to feel extremely empathetic, and sometimes the people who use this drug have their lives or mentalities changed. I am not trying to advocate irresponsible drug use, however, it is an interesting point to your theory.

MDMA did indeed come from our extremely intelligent brains (or extremely dull, depending on how you look at it...) however, '___' which I associate with NDEs comes from within our own brains. And we're not the only ones.

Yes, but combined with other evidence, these chemicals are not the origins of NDE's but merely "bending the bars" of the brain's "quantum cage" to allow consciousness to temporarily exist outside of the brain. Here's a few of many links describing NDE's in which hospital patients were able to perceive knowledge from a "bird's eye" floating perspective above operating rooms finding red shoes on hospital roofs:

www.near-death.com...
www.near-death.com...

This paragraph is not about drugs. Actually, this paragraph is to tell you that you are a little bit stupid. [edited by ATS4Dummies] look at what apes do to apes, or what humans do to other animals or plants or any living organism. You'd be surprised at the amount of what you would consider 'cruelty' in the world.

And with that I will quote my original post that started this all:

"Look at our own propensity to stoop down to the level of deep dark moral chasms surpassing the necessity to simply kill to eat, and scrutinize our propensity to ***INTENTIONALLY*** spread unhappiness in the world with an endless supply of evil and sadistic acts.

[ed

[edit on 5-2-2008 by ATS

[edit on 5-2-2008 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The universe is a big place.

Obviously we are not the only intelligent life in existence.

So why the secrecy? Why are we quarenteened and stuck on this rock instead of being a part of a much larger galactic society?

My conclusion is humans are a disastrous disappointment to our creator/designer and also to our galactic neighbors. We are someone's genetic experiment gone horribly wrong.

But first - the data:
* we are the only primate with 23 chromosome pairs. All other primates have 24.
* we are the only ones with a negative RH blood factor; -Unheard of- in the rest of the animal kingdom.
* Our minds are so radically different than all other species that we are for all measures of consideration, true freaks of nature. I know, chimps are smart. Please, that's no comparison, not to sky scraper, airplane, bridge and hydroelectric dam building humans. There is nothing like us, not even close.
* We are also the most poorly adapted creature. No fur, claws, powerful hind legs, large teeth, or body armor. Just brains. Weird hugh?
* The vast majority of our junk DNA has recently been found to not be shared with any other primate species, and therefore, certifiably alien.

You don't have to agree with me, but I'm convinced: we are someone's engineered product.

Edit: Yes...we are most likley a genetic expreiment containing the genetic's Grey Macque's and the "visitors" from the plee~aties (spell check pls)

*We also are one of the only species on the planet who's legs flex backwards.

But...Um... I'm Sorry...I didn't know....We're intelligent?

thats why we create WMD's and Small Arm's to destroy our own race?
we polute our environment to the breaking point.
we create unsafe products HOPING that it will REDUCE the population of earth...

Seriously......look at it from their perspective...

if a Psychopathic Kid, Who felt only Apathy moved to your school...would you be his friend? would you let him into your environment? i think not.

space is the environment of the intelligent.....and we have not reached that point...and we WILL NOT if we have religions that let people rationalize ANYTHING by saying........ MY GOD SAYS ITS OK!!

Co~Mi

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Infadel]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
wow great assessment and I fear you are very close to being correct, why do I never meet people like you in real life?, everyone irl is either hedonist, & or deluded by paper

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
ATSfordummies this is a really interesting topic and your thoughts on it are very well expressed. I am going to keep reading because of that but also the people's responses have been so interesting also. It is shaking my belief system even more. I may not agree with everything but it sure is getting me to stretch my brain and spirit in the process of reading.

Personally, I have nothing new to offer to the thread unfortunately. I'm still in a learning and absorbing stage of my life now.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The universe is a big place.

Obviously we are not the only intelligent life in existence.

So why the secrecy? Why are we quarenteened and stuck on this rock instead of being a part of a much larger galactic society?

My conclusion is humans are a disastrous disappointment to our creator/designer and also to our galactic neighbors. We are someone's genetic experiment gone horribly wrong.

You don't have to agree with me, but I'm convinced: we are someone's engineered product.

Some people call it God, while others call it evolution. I call it technology, and someone had it before we did. They were really good at it. I'm definitely impressed.

Now think of our "relationship" to that of our hypothetical creator framed within the context of the evil within us. Look at our own propensity to stoop down to the level of deep dark moral chasms surpassing the necessity to simply kill to eat, and scrutinize our propensity to ***INTENTIONALLY*** spread unhappiness in the world with an endless supply of evil and sadistic acts. Finally we get to the quintessential essence of what I would call the unforgivable flaw which has cast us out of the the galactic garden of eden forever, never to be integrated, and never to be forgiven.

This is why we are abandoned. We are souless heartless and empty vessles, exiled by our very own creator, and our own galactic family. We just don't deserve it, and we will never be worthy, ever. We are [snipped]. As a measure of unhappiness created in the world, the apes are more worthy of that love than we.

[edit on 2/0208/08 by neformore]

I agree with all those points there what you said. I believe we are just "left behind" and forgotten as failed experiments. We lie, cheat, and are conniving beings that will do anything to gain the upper hand in something. NASA says it is dangerous to go into space, but they send satellites and supposed we landed on the moon.

forgt to add that I believe we are created by the Anunnaki. Then upgraded by other beings that visited this earth. I personally think this is a place of hell too keep all the bad influence at bay here. There is a 3600 year event that keeps us from going beyond our limitations.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The reason we're still stuck on this planet is not some extraterrestrial quarantine. We're stuck here still only because of greed of illusory value systems. It's not that we can't reach the stars or don't have the technical capacity to do such, it's that people want money for resources that never belonged to them to begin with.

If we went to an entirely resource based economy, things such as technology and space travel would more easily and quickly move at a faster pace than what we see today. We wouldn't have to live on a backwards thinking planet with a species of backwards thinkers.

While I would love it to be an alien quarantine, it saddens me that it's our own fault instead.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

In reply to your OP, I agree with much of what you said, but, nobody came and told us...

Nobody came and told us about our connection with the Universe.

Nobody came and told us that the Earth is sentient, sustains us, and that we should treat her as our Mother.

Nobody came and told us that technology isn't the answer, but rather a sustainable, simple way of life is the path to an advanced civilization.

Nobody came and told us our history and our place in the Universe.

If they did, if we knew, I'd bet we would be a totally different collective.

If we're an experiment gone wrong, why haven't our galactic brothers shown us the right way?

It makes no sense that other races in the Universe would sit back and shake their head at us, when nobody came and told us the truth.

If they're watching, they would see that civilizations come and go, and starts over. You'd think they would fill us in on the ways of being and living.

Yes we're lost and seriously misguided souls, looking from the outside in we must look like barbaric lunatics, but why would be purposely excluded when we haven't been given a chance?

The world needs the truth, now more than ever.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isis_Is_I

In reply to your OP, I agree with much of what you said, but, nobody came and told us...

Nobody came and told us about our connection with the Universe.

Nobody came and told us that the Earth is sentient, sustains us, and that we should treat her as our Mother.

Nobody came and told us that technology isn't the answer, but rather a sustainable, simple way of life is the path to an advanced civilization.

Nobody came and told us our history and our place in the Universe.

If they did, if we knew, I'd bet we would be a totally different collective.

If we're an experiment gone wrong, why haven't our galactic brothers shown us the right way?

It makes no sense that other races in the Universe would sit back and shake their head at us, when nobody came and told us the truth.

If they're watching, they would see that civilizations come and go, and starts over. You'd think they would fill us in on the ways of being and living.

Yes we're lost and seriously misguided souls, looking from the outside in we must look like barbaric lunatics, but why would be purposely excluded when we haven't been given a chance?

The world needs the truth, now more than ever.

I believe they tried to set us in the right direction, but our corrupt heart in the end destroyed us. When we get power we just destroy. It seems in our blood that we just do that.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Isis_Is_I

Perhaps they did tell us? Nearly every culture has a mythology of their deities coming from the heavens and teaching them the ways of civilization. The intended message could have been lost over the last 12,000-10,000 years through the greed for power and the invention of religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join