It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we are stuck on earth.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The universe is a big place.

Obviously we are not the only intelligent life in existence.

So why the secrecy? Why are we quarenteened and stuck on this rock instead of being a part of a much larger galactic society?

My conclusion is humans are a disastrous disappointment to our creator/designer and also to our galactic neighbors. We are someone's genetic experiment gone horribly wrong.

But first - the data:
* we are the only primate with 23 chromosome pairs. All other primates have 24.
* we are the only ones with a negative RH blood factor; -Unheard of- in the rest of the animal kingdom.
* Our minds are so radically different than all other species that we are for all measures of consideration, true freaks of nature. I know, chimps are smart. Please, that's no comparison, not to sky scraper, airplane, bridge and hydroelectric dam building humans. There is nothing like us, not even close.
* We are also the most poorly adapted creature. No fur, claws, powerful hind legs, large teeth, or body armor. Just brains. Weird hugh?
* The vast majority of our junk DNA has recently been found to not be shared with any other primate species, and therefore, certifiably alien.

You don't have to agree with me, but I'm convinced: we are someone's engineered product.

Some people call it God, while others call it evolution. I call it technology, and someone had it before we did. They were really good at it. I'm definitely impressed.

But there is just one problem, which was the ultimate problem of all problems. In order to be loved and respected, you, I and everyone else must earn it. I know, "mother's love" and all that, but if you do something that is truly horrid and evil, that mother may say she still loves you, but the truth is, irreparable damage has occurred and will never be restored again - ever. Not the way it was.

Now think of our "relationship" to that of our hypothetical creator framed within the context of the evil within us. Look at our own propensity to stoop down to the level of deep dark moral chasms surpassing the necessity to simply kill to eat, and scrutinize our propensity to ***INTENTIONALLY*** spread unhappiness in the world with an endless supply of evil and sadistic acts. Finally we get to the quintessential essence of what I would call the unforgivable flaw which has cast us out of the the galactic garden of eden forever, never to be integrated, and never to be forgiven.

THIS is what truly separates us from all other species on earth. Not so much as our our intellect, but our capacity and preference to sadistically spread unhappiness to others. We humans actually delight in it naturally, and require artificial socialization programming to avoid it, but it still lives deep within our psyche. We are more [snipped] up genetically and morally corrupt than ANY other creature on earth, and I believe this is our unforgivable cardinal sin; heartlessness. The lack of imagining what it is like to be the other, and to knowably engage in actions that spread sadness, misfortune, and unnecessary evil to others, never caring or imagining what it is to be the other victim. The only thing even more detestable is when we use our intellect to rationalize and justify it.

This is why we are abandoned. We are souless heartless and empty vessles, exiled by our very own creator, and our own galactic family. We just don't deserve it, and we will never be worthy, ever. We are [snipped]. As a measure of unhappiness created in the world, the apes are more worthy of that love than we.

Mod Edit Please do not Evade the Automatic Censor

[edit on 2/0208/08 by neformore]

[edit on 2/0208/08 by neformore]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
And one other thing, while I am on this rant. When we were given the technology of anti gravity, and antimatter conversion via proton bombardment with 115, what did we do with it?

Did we tell the rest of humanity - folks we have a new technology which could be used both ways - for horrific weapons or for a brave new world - and we will make the benefits available but not the knowledge? Or did we just decide that our own people have no worth also?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There is a solution I have not mentioned so I'll do that now.

The solution is to perceive, at amplified levels, all the pain we create for others. This is why Near Death Experiences (NDE's) *COMPLETELY* transform people. It is the first time in thier lives they have -ever- felt the pain of anyone else other than themselves.

The solution is empathy.

Our genetics are so [F* ed] up that we don't have a chance in hell of our -entire- race reaching even a remedial level of empathy. It's just not going to happen through evolution.

The only way empathy will ever happen is through technology. Would the engineering types among us please propose, even in rarefied futuristic terms, of how technology might achieve this?

I'm listening.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ATS4dummies, I whole-heartedly agree with your assessment of the dysfunction state of world today, and the prevalence of the lack of "empathy" driving behind this machinery. However, I am not sure about the reliance of technology to bring about the change to this trend.

It seems to me it is the very technological advances of man, devoid of consciousness underpinnings, that has driven us into this mess. It is almost as if skyscrapers are built without sound foundation.

Since the time when the ape has learned how to "toss" the scatterd bones to attck other apes(Kubrick's Space Odyssey), we have somehow misused such technical advancement for ill purposes, as nuclear self annihilation is glowingly evident today.

If we study the wisdom of the vedic traditions, we are currently in Kali Yuga, where physical domain and its technological accoutrements dominates our sphere of existence. I am hoping Satya Yuga(Golden Age), where the veil between the material and the transcendent realms is predicted to become transparent, can save us from the this Kali(illusion).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm certain I have not a more than sophmore intelligence on this issue.
What I am fairly certain of is our guys were warned off the moon. If, we were indeed there, lots of debate on that topic.
The moon holds a wealth of H3 that could make our puny nuke plants look like steam engines.
And for whatever reason, we can't get the most advanced space institute back there in any, way, shape or form till 2020.
Smells like a banana, looks like a banana, must be 'a banana'. Other forces are hindering us because in my opinion we as a world are not breaking out of the jerry springer mold (sorry, can't cap his name).

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeedToNo
ATS4dummies, I whole-heartedly agree with your assessment of the dysfunction state of world today, and the prevalence of the lack of "empathy" driving behind this machinery. However, I am not sure about the reliance of technology to bring about the change to this trend.

Well let me say this about technology: No matter what time frame you talk about, humans have always been inventing it. That's part of why I think we are freaks of nature, nothing else really fits that description. And Technology has always allowed us to do what was not possible before: Bigger, better faster, more, novel, and timesaving. Whether it is rock to crush wheat or a
microchip to process taxes, it doesn't matter.

The reason I focused in on technology is two main reasons.
Empathy is the only thing that will literally reprogram us to completely change our ways. And, near death experience is the only thing I know of that has successfully transformed complete SOB's into saints.

I guess what I'm getting at, is if you want to get humanity to the next level, you have to look at what works, and then emulate it. The reason these people were transformed is because they never payed attention to what it felt like to be their own victims, until the Near death experience. Then they were reprogrammed into saints (almost - and relative to who they used to be) by the experience.

So what technology do we have now, and what can we invent, that simulates near death experience of feeling what it is like to be in someone else's shoes?

Or more controversially, in the extreme I admit, what can we do to give the worlds worst humans, a near death experience?

Now do you see where I'm going with this We are either looking at a technology to simulate (low tech = movies, high tech = star trek holodeck), or wet tech method - a shot of sodium pentathol, followed by a period of waiting, and a shock to the rib cage) to truly transform everyone into amazing people?

It seems to me it is the very technological advances of man, devoid of consciousness underpinnings, that has driven us into this mess. It is almost as if skyscrapers are built without sound foundation.

Since the time when the ape has learned how to "toss" the scattered bones to attck other apes(Kubrick's Space Odyssey), we have somehow misused such technical advancement for ill purposes, as nuclear self annihilation is glowingly evident today.

You are saying that technology has driven us into a downward ethical spiral? I look at history, and I don't see any time when we acted with compassion. So without technology, we were just as brutal. I admit we are now more efficient at killing, but that is as far as I'll put the blame on technology.

I will put the blame, however, on the fact that being brutal had it's rewards, and if we had technology that not only punished, but also triggered memories of being a victim of that very same act, we are getting closer to the transforming effect of a near death experience. Right? So what can we use either now or in the future to accomplish this? C'mon engineers, we need you. We are talking about finally solving the worlds biggest problem: the ignorance of -total- consequences which leads to the actions of cruelty.

If we study the wisdom of the vedic traditions, we are currently in Kali Yuga, where physical domain and its technological accoutrements dominates our sphere of existence. I am hoping Satya Yuga(Golden Age), where the veil between the material and the transcendent realms is predicted to become transparent, can save us from the this Kali(illusion).
en.wikipedia.org...

I have immense respect for time-tested wisdom. Isn't the "age of technology" the right time to start applying technology to humanities worst attributes? If anyone thinks that sounds crazy, you are just not using your imagination enough. We can do anything, if we want it badly enough.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I'm certain I have not a more than sophmore intelligence on this issue.
What I am fairly certain of is our guys were warned off the moon. If, we were indeed there, lots of debate on that topic.
The moon holds a wealth of H3 that could make our puny nuke plants look like steam engines.
And for whatever reason, we can't get the most advanced space institute back there in any, way, shape or form till 2020.
Smells like a banana, looks like a banana, must be 'a banana'. Other forces are hindering us because in my opinion we as a world are not breaking out of the jerry springer mold (sorry, can't cap his name).

Absolutely correct.
If you were the grey's hanging out on the other side of the moon, and knowing how screwed up we humans are, would you want us to pay a visit to your lunar doorstep?

We have to change and transform ourselves *profoundly* and that's all there is to it. Otherwise no one will trust us, and we will never get off this rock called earth until we do that first.

We know evolution takes too long and actually encourages & rewards brutality and selfishness. Again, this is more a job for technology. Are you listening engineers and scientists? Are you listening ATS?
We need some good ideas and I'm listening now.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It certainly is ATS4dummies.

One question that does spring to mind. Do we have the technology to leave the solar system and meet the rest of the universe? And do we want to meet the rest of the universe?

Just think back to the New World (North America), the Old World (Europeans) wanted to go to the New World, but did the natives want to meet us?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

Based on your post I am assuming(I maybe doing exactly this) that you have gained such empathy thru some sort of an OOBE. For myself, I have had such a profound experience which gave me a powerful wake-up kind of understanding to my, although insignificant existence, and its wholistic relationship to my fellow beings, however indescribable it was. My ego was completely stripped away, and allowed me see things more in an "out-of -the-box" compassionate perspective, although I may not have learned from this, and conveniently forgotten it.

With respect to technologies to enable us such empathy, I believe such is purported to exist thanks to the works of someone like John Lilly. His isolation tanks, where if all of our 5 physical senses are isolated in an isolation tank, such profound near-death experiences can be had, and new acute awareness of our ego and its failings are exposed. In this regard, yes I believe technology can be helpful.

BTW, see if this fits the description of our current earth today:

In the Vishnu Purana, for example, the Kali yuga is described thus:

"In the Kali Yuga, there will be numerous rulers vying with each other. They will have no character. Violence, falsehood and wickedness will be the order of the day. Piety and good nature will dwindle slowly... Passion and lust will be the only attraction between the sexes. Women will be the objects of sensual pleasure. Dishonest will be the bottom line of subsistence. Learned people will be ridiculed and put to shame; the word of the wealthy person will be the only law."

[edit on 2-2-2008 by NeedToNo]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I will begin, ATS4dummies, by stating that I understand where you are coming from. However, I will point out an alternate perspective on your posts; perhaps it will aid you in reviewing yours.

Obviously we are not the only intelligent life in existence.
So why the secrecy? Why are we quarenteened and stuck on this rock instead of being a part of a much larger galactic society?

It is certainly plausible, not obvious, that we are the only intelligent (i.e. "Technologically developed") life in the Universe. If one believes it is obvious, then the glaring lack of ETs takes on a new, sinister, and perhaps even preordained meaning. Hence, your conclusion below:

My conclusion is humans are a disastrous disappointment to our creator/designer and also to our galactic neighbors. We are someone's genetic experiment gone horribly wrong.

Your post, even in eloquently stating your grievances with human society, failed to indicate that you recognize your part in it all. Remember that the Universe does not revolve around us, humans or individuals. Yet we can't find 'our place' in it because we keep looking in the center of everything, and coming up empty.

There are species that remain undiscovered on our world, although they must have existed for a long time. What is that to us? Nothing, as it well should be. Similarly, ET civilizations can rise and fall, and we would be none the wiser. Their existence neither depends on our belief in them, nor on our ability to detect them -- just like our existence doesn't depend on anyone else's belief.

Also, in my perspective, a sentient creator would be unlikely to leave a flaw in his/her/its creation. Even we, the 'imperfect', don't do that, unless the perceived flaw is a fundamental part of the design. Why then, would an omniscient leave something that was disappointing and otherwise useless?

To prevent this from going too long, I will complete my thoughts in a second post.

[edit on 2/2/2008 by Mr Jackdaw]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Now, I will comment on your statement on Near Death Experiences, as I have been most fortunate to read on the topic.
You implied that NDEs result in increased empathy. As far as I know, this only applies to a number of experiences. A good number, however, have been very unpleasant and traumatic.

I found an interesting correlation between NDEs and (certain) altered mind states; perspective, perspective, perspective. An example:

A: I saw that everyone is part of the same thing; I call it 'God,' although the name isn't necessary. It was just loving, and permeates everywhere/everyone: in fact, it is everything and everyone. I learned that the most important thing is to love everyone around you, because that is all there is.

B: I saw that everything is empty; none of this matters. We're all just acting out a script. Whether we love or hate each other; whether we want new cars, or to become monks... it's all pointless. I've never seen such emptiness.

Interestingly, both accounts describe the same thing. Speaker B, however, is clearly distraught by what he saw, as it negates the importance of our shared reality, and variously perceived individuality. Of course, as a result of his perspective, he will be less inclined to empathize with his fellows, as such empathy is ultimately pointless (to him).

Also, our science and technology today aren't big supporters of NDEs as real experiences; the topic is grouped with "Dreaming". Indeed, even dreams can result in increased empathy if the necessary perspective is there.

I'm not here to question the importance or validity of NDEs. However, I think you bring up a valid point; greater empathy is all it would take to change the world. We should remember that to empathize, one only needs to treat others as they would want to be treated: should it take trauma to remind us that we are all members of the same system?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeedToNo

Based on your post I am assuming(I maybe doing exactly this) that you have gained such empathy thru some sort of an OOBE. For myself, I have had such a profound experience which gave me a powerful wake-up kind of understanding to my, although insignificant existence, and its wholistic relationship to my fellow beings, however indescribable it was. My ego was completely stripped away, and allowed me see things more in an "out-of -the-box" compassionate perspective, although I may not have learned from this, and conveniently forgotten it.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by NeedToNo]

I've had that same feeling as well, like an internal aura of harmony. If everyone felt that way, civilization would flip in a heartbeat. Unfortunately such experiences don't last longer than weeks at most in the world we live in today.

It will probably take an extreme measure to make all of mankind change its ways. and if it did happen, it by all means probably wouldn't be pretty.

I understand your frustration though. viewing upon our world currently its like mankind is ignorantly going no where dispite the technology. Almost as if life today will be exactly the same in 50 years with a few advances (even though it won't). Under the lord of Capitalism and old world order, humanity is bound to fail, at the moment we're just postponing the inevitable. and i do believe there are some forces out there holding back our true potential (whether it's corrupted humans or not)

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
This is why we are abandoned. We are souless heartless and empty vessles, exiled by our very own creator, and our own galactic family. We just don't deserve it, and we will never be worthy, ever. We are [snipped]. As a measure of unhappiness created in the world, the apes are more worthy of that love than we.

I disagree. We are nurtured by our creators. We are here to learn how to get along and what better place to do that in a specially designed world of hard knocks enabling us to make our decisions to progress in peace and harmony or choose the slippery slope and join in with the mob mentality that is the rest of the world.

Love and care for others, have empathy and compassion, choose service to others not service to self and you won't be stuck on Earth.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am not sure if we can change the obvious things that needs to be changed based on our sense of rationality that we treat others the way we want to be treated. As someone who has been brought up religiously, attending church regularly, I have in my later years rejected such teachings as effective means to bring about justice to the world, simply because the ones teaching it do not practice it, given that the history of the Western World is that of violating this very principle in one horrendous way or another.

Christianity(especially Catholic church), as the flag bearer in the Western culture of these principles("Do unto others as others do unto you") seem to have severely and grossly subverted such rational principles for its own selfish interests if history teaches us anything. Perhaps it was to be, maybe even meant to be, if we take cynical views of human nature.

Besides, I do not believe humans are rational beings, in sharp contrast to our projected wishes as such. We are born with bicameral brain construct that is part rational, and irrational.

As naivety is not a victimless crime, the sooner we realize this the sooner we can realize something, in the least. In this regard, I tend to agree with the OP that we may need some "awakening jolt" of the human psyche to bring about such realization.

When asked what he thought of the Western civilization, Ghandi is quoted as saying "It would be a good idea." We ain't there yet, regardless of our ego telling us we are, or are at least capable.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It looks like *someone*is working on it...
Michael Persinger
Laurentian University
Produces Near Death Experiences in the Lab using Magnetic Apparatus

Wiki Information: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm not aware of any evidence that there is a larger galactic empire.

Sounds like the theory is just a collection of vaguely related factoids.

The reason we're stuck on this 'rock' is because of:

1. limits of chemical rockets;
2. effects on humans of prolonged exposure to low gravity;
3. effects on humans of radiation beyond the VA belts;
4. effects on humans of long periods of isolation (> 8 weeks)

Remember the studies they did with Russians (1999) and some other select nationalities, trying to simulate a 110 day test run for a trip to Mars by confining them on Earth in a sealed environment. Everyone went bonkers in a few weeks to months. Forget 500+ days trying to get to Mars and back with chemical rockets. Even with ion drive the effects of low grav and isolation are insurmountable right now.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'll give out one statement.

If we, all of us, each of us, had the same DNA, everything would be actually peaceful and perfect.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I agree in part.
We are messed up.
But I reject the ideas of "Celestial Brothers", "Galactic Eden", and all the happy happy universe stuff.
But I agree we are probly under some sort of quaranteen.
Nor do I think we were "created" by a god or even another race.
It seems to me the whole idea is just another ploy we use to attempt to feel special.

But eh. You could be right though I highly doubt it.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
ahhh this is why I LOVE coming to ATS. little topics like this that make you stop and think. While the OP idea makes sense in a hypothetical way, the fact that there is no proof(yet) of ET's, the main reason were still stuck on Earth is the lack of technology to permit permanent habitats in space for humans. I've been thinking this over recently and i believe that the only way we will ever really be a space faring race is if we "merge" with technology. Become both organic and machine. Our fleshy bodies aren't built for space travel but, with some robotic advancments we could succed.

It's amazing how far we have come with prosthetics in the past few years, sadly thanks to the Iraq wat... but just think, another 5-10 years what kind of replacements and enhancements could become available!

lol Leaves me thinking of that old pc game...Syndicate..except in space

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Humans probably should be stuck here on Earth, just imagine the mayhem and murder that would take place if oil, gold, or any other thing with a perceived value were to be found anywhere else in the Universe.
Until we can demostrate that we can live peacefully and in harmony with each other, we do not deserve to even leave the country of our birth let alone the Planet.
In peace and harmony,
Horsegiver.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join