It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do YOU know your blood type? Do YOU give blood?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I give blood occasionally. Type O negative here. I really hate the part where they insert the cold long needle up my veins and when they miss it. I really get nervous every time I donate blood. But, since this is for my mom, no problem.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm O positive and used to give blood every time I was able; but now they won't let me donate because I was stationed in Scotland in the 1980. Don't ask me it makes no sense at all to me.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

Ok...you know you just begged the question...right?
Why can't you give blood...'because you were in Scotland in '80?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I walked into that one didn't I?

Something about mad cow disease but if I had that I'm pretty darn sure it would have reared it's ugly head by now. But, yeah that's the reason.

six

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I am the freak of the bunch..You dont get much rarer than AB-....Blood banks wont leave me alone....want to drain me dry. I swear they follow me in a van. People worry about the ET's kidnapping them while they are asleep. I wake up with track marks....lmao

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by six

You must have someone in your area that needs your particular blood on a regular basis; a hemophiliac or something. Blood bank told me that my AB- blood wasn't needed anymore. Not that big a need and type AB is the universal recipient. As another poster noted earlier that AB+ is the universal recipient and AB- is slightly more limited; it's still a universal recipient, you just can't receive it as whole blood.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My blood type is B Positive. I have donated blood in the past. That had to end when I found out I had diabetes, though. I do encourage others to keep donating blood because you never know yourself if you'll need a transfusion sometime as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Conley
I do encourage others to keep donating blood because you never know yourself if you'll need a transfusion sometime as well.

Great advice Wally! Here Here!

We had a tv commercial floating around up here in Ontario for awhile.

One of the slogans they used was: BLOOD...it's in you to give

BTW...you have the same blood type as me.

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
O negative, and I used to give frequently,until some horrible red cross lady butchered my vein and my entire arm elbow to wrist was a giant bruise.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of the world but here in Australia gay people are not allowed to donate blood.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xion329alpha

I don't know about the rest of the world but here in Australia gay people are not allowed to donate blood.

That's pretty interesting. Care to share why?

~Ducky~

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join