It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Males Now Irrelevant to the Survival of the Human Race

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Males Now Irrelevant to the Survival of the Human Race

www.environmentalgraffiti.com

It looks like males will soon be irrelevant to the survival of the human race.

Scientists at the University of Newcastle have managed to create human sperm cells using a female embryonic stem cell.

Ok, so it may be overstating it a bit to say that males will be irrelevant. Just because we’re not technically needed to breed doesn’t mean women will no longer find men attractive, right?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wow, this is interesting. Just thought I'd share.

They now no longer need men to survive the human race. Anyway, I thought it was kind of funny.

www.environmentalgraffiti.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hmmm.. we must cover this up! Spread disinfo! Send the MIB!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Sure they are.....

That is, until it comes time for the first oil change. With only women around, they'd be back to living in grass huts in about 3 generations. Think that is an exaggeration? Ok, then. Name 5 things invented by women.

apc

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I guess that depends on what one's definition of survival is.

I for one know most women will not be able to survive with just an Antonio Banderas doll to satisfy them. I don't care how many accessories it comes with.

JSR

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i guess this means all of us men can just drink beer and go fishing then right? i hate working anyway.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Ok, then. Name 5 things invented by women.

O.K. I'll tak a shot at this................

1. Ugly Capri pants
2. Nagging
3. Apple picking. (I thought we had migrant workers for that job)
4. Horoscopes
5. The pedicure

I think that about wraps it up.

Becker

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

That is, until it comes time for the first oil change. With only women around, they'd be back to living in grass huts in about 3 generations. Think that is an exaggeration? Ok, then. Name 5 things invented by women.

1. Family.... Men make war... Women make families
2. Other Women.... Our daughters become your wives, sisters, mothers
3. Love/Peace..... Concepts you can hold on to when you realize the futility of war
4. Home..... We create a place for you to rest your weary bones
5. Direction.... Women are what you are fighting for

Though science may have made mating unnecessary, I would think the majority of women kinda like the "Old Fashioned Way" better. I also believe there is no better way for a woman to express her love for a man, than to bear him a child. It's what mankind is all about.

Mod edit: removed code that was skewing the page format

[edit on 2/1/2008 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It must make men mad that women are the most powerful of the sexes. They have the children and without "new people" there wouldn't be a society. Not only that if women really wanted to they could brainwash their children into believing what they want them to.

So yeah, sorry guys.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

And who ran countries during world war 1 and two? Women took up all the jobs the men no longer did. Yes, maybe men were off fighting but women weren't allowed to become soldiers. Anyway, teh women out did the men in their own jobs.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
If we can ever actually clone a live person, would this eliminate the need for women? Or what about being able to create a birth outside of both? FAce it, no matter what technology offers us, Men and Women both need each other and that won't change

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Sure they are.....

Can't speak for the rest of the women in the world, but I for one can change my oil... I can change a tire too.
Of course my husband showed me how to change the oil, but the important thing is I know how.

As for inventions by women, here you go:

1. Dishwasher Josephine Cochran 1872
2. Electric hot water heater Ida Forbes 1917
3. Engine muffler El Dorado Jones 1917
4. Kevlar, a steel-like fiber used in radial tires, crash helmets, and bulletproof vests Stephanie Kwolek 1966
5. Rotary engine Margaret Knight 1904

Now... What was that about grass huts?

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much guys. Most women are still going to prefer the old fashioned way of making babies.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This thread smells like the 50's.

There's no need for us men to get all defensive now is there?

I think the whole idea of reproduction is that you do it with someone you love, not a nerdy lab technician who messes around with your genes.

I think were alright until the robots start getting too big for their boots.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
And without men, there'd be no Nicky Clarke or Tony & Guy hair salons...no Jimmy Choo shoes...No Jean-Paul Gaultier or Yves saint-Lauren haute-coutoure...no Hello magazine celebtity weddings...

[edit on 1-2-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

I have to laugh at you post, you really took it the wrong way.

Actually woman can do as good as any men when it comes to survival, just the dilemma between the strong over the weak is just a myth.

But I agree, the reason of male and female is more than just a reproduction issue when it comes to man and woman.

I believe that we need each other for more than just sex and reproduction, is also the companionship issue.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Early humans probably learnt tool use from their mothers, and this was then always passed down from mother to child. Just look at chimps, the mums teach the babies how to fish for termites!

link   
Something tells me those kids are going to have a lot of genetic defects. But who knows...

link   
Oh and I'm sorry for bombarding this thread with anti-male statements, but I'm the only girl in a house full of male chauvanistic pigs. They're terrible.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

where is the Fun in that?
i mean if Women can have kids without men wouldnt that be plain boring

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
For your consideration, see this thread, my discussion on the on going battle for planet earth...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above link may provide some interesting context and opinion to this discussion.

Score a few points for the female team.

Great post, Bigbert!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join