It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ask Zawahri" Web forum draws Qaeda-curious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

"Ask Zawahri" Web forum draws Qaeda-curious

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A woman frustrated by the lack of opportunities in al Qaeda and a supporter wondering if Muslims should deal in gold instead of dollars are among hundreds who have submitted Internet questions to al Qaeda deputy Ayman al-Zawahri.
"My question: What is the role of women in al Qaeda? ... We are the ones who sit with broken hearts and we sit here with nothing to do," one woman asked, according to the U.S. based terrorism monitoring service SITE Intelligence Group.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yup, this is what happens when the boys are off to Jihad and the women are all stuck at home. The have nothing else to do but log in to "Ask Zawahri" how they can keep busy for Al Quaida.
It's asked by wives, in the article, if they can leave their children to friends and go away to support the jihad.

Is this OUR propoganda or Al Quaida's?

You be the Judge.
Cuhail

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
IMO while the internet is a outlet for enemy propaganda and every crack pot idea that some people take as gospel there is no clear picture that emerges in this case.

I regard the following as possibility's.

This is just a means the enemy is using to rally there troops kind of like Goebbels speeches.

The enemy is using such forums to communicate covertly .

An attempted to mislead US and other intel agency's with references to gold or put another way a false trail could be being laid. Of course this would have to be a part of a wider effort to mislead the West.

The first followed by the third possibility are the most likely in my mind. Well that is my ten cents.

new topics

join