It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC: Too few adults get their vaccines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

CDC: Too few adults get their vaccines

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Vaccines aren't just for kids, but far too few grown-ups are rolling up their sleeves, disappointed federal health officials reported Wednesday.

The numbers of newly vaccinated are surprisingly low, considering how much public attention a trio of new shots — which protect against shingles, whooping cough and cervical cancer — received in recent years.
It's not too late for a flu shot this year — and Oxman urged getting some of the other adult shots in the same doctor visit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I find the wording "disappointed federal health officials" amusing. Sorry that we have disppointed you.
I thought there had been numerous reports of serious health issues with that cervical cancer vaccine, I actually thought it was gone due to the amount of criticism it received. I had heard multiple lawsuits were filed over that vaccine. Maybe I am wrong and it was something else.
Well the good news is it's never too late for that flu shot. Ha Ha Ha!
I have friends who swear by that shot but end up sick all winter, in and out of the Dr's office every week with some fever or illness.
My family (knock on wood)has never had the shot and just gets the occasional sniffle or two. I have 3 young children and not one of us has been to the Dr's office for more than a well visit in 4 years (once again knock on wood). Just seems odd...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I saw this on the news last night and nearly threw something at the TV. They even had the audacity to mention Gaurdasil, which, if I'm not mistake, isn't even for adults.

This crap has NWO marks all over it and is no doubt being dumped into the MSM to fuel a push for laws mandating we all get pricked with whatever Uncle Sam tells us to.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I don't know about NWO but if some new flu started spreading (say bird flu) I can see mandatory vaccines for adults becoming a reality. They could set it up like the school system, you can't have a job without proof of vaccine.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They could set it up like the school system, you can't have a job without proof of vaccine.

That's a myth. There's no law stating your child has to be vaccinated to attend school. Not yet anyway. It's a policy and there are ways to get around it involving an awful lot of paperwork, phone calls, arguing and if you can afford it lawyers.

This "news" though is definitely suggesting to me that there will be pushes to pass such a law and I'm sure if the law is passed for children in schools it will swell to cover adults and their jobs too.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not to mention it's been revealed that there is no indication that the cervical cancer vaccine does anything to prevent it.

"Oh no! Way too many people beginning to think for themselves!"...

To these disappointed federal health officials, I'm really sorry that I feel compelled to make my own decisions on what goes into my body. To me, this choice is more "clear" than Coke vs. Pepsi... When the likelihood of having an adverse reaction exceeds the likelihood of being affected by the disease by thousands of times, I'll take my chances with my natural ability to stay healthy.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Same here...

I mean never taking medication and never getting these never ending shots has been so terrible for me and my family...

I mean in the last year alone I can recall only once getting remotely sick and that was a stuffy nose that lasted 1 day.. its so terrible I tell you terrible...

I can't even remember the last time I was really sick...

funny how everyone I know who gets shots regularly get sick all the time.....

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I knew there was negative reports from that cervical cancer vaccine
This just came out today, I will add more reports as I find them.

Two Women Die After Receiving Cervical Cancer Vaccine

The death of two young women who received the cervical cancer vaccination is causing some in the U.K. to question a strategy that calls for hundreds of thousands of schoolgirls to receive the shot next fall, the Daily Mail reports.
The young women who died received the vaccination, marketed under the name Gardasil, in Germany and Austria, respectively. The European Medicines Agency has not released their ages.

The two deaths follow the deaths of three U.S. females, ages 12, 19 and 22, who were reported to have died days after receiving Gardasil, which protects against the human papillomavirus — believed to be the leading cause of cervical cancer — was administered.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recently reported that 28 women miscarried after receiving the vaccine.

link to story

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
funny how everyone I know who gets shots regularly get sick all the time.....

I observe the exact same thing. I don't know a whole lot of people who get the flu shot, and *dont* get the flu. "Imagine how sick I'd be if I had not gotten a flu shot..." is a common sentiment among these folks.

Neither my wife, nor I, nor my children participate in this ridiculous charade that is vaccinations. Oddly enough, none of us are ever sick. Apparently for us, not getting injected with who-knows-what, has a strange side-effect of being healthy.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Funny how the debate is about promiscuity and not about being a mandatory vaccine. When do we get to have control over our own lives?

Cervical Cancer Vaccine Sparks Debate
21 States Want To Make Shot Mandatory, But Some Say That Would Send Mixed Messages

The FDA only approved Gardasil in June and already, there is talk of making the $360 vaccine mandatory for the 2 million American girls who enter the sixth grade every year. But some worry that may sends a mixed signal by protecting girls against a sexually transmitted disease while at the same time telling them they shouldn't have sex.
Illinois is one of 21 states and the District of Columbia that have introduced legislation that would put HPV on the school shot sheet along with smallpox and measles shots.

link

[edit on 25-1-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
they can kiss my grits!!! the last government mandated shot i took
was in the 60s....i'm done with them. no thank you!!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have a problem being injected with a virus to ward off a virus,I'll let my own immune system do it's work,most people I know always getting vaccines seem to get sick all the time,I only go to Doctor to get sewn up or something

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It seems that the CDC, Us Govt, WHO, NWO wants its adult popuplation to bend over and take a shot in the postrior, literally

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is nothing, right now pharmaceuticals are having problems with some of their mulitibuillion dollar medications like Cholesterol lowering pills, so when their profits starts to sour they will be very much gladly to have their whore lobbyist in Washington luring our corrupted politicians into passing laws to keep the milk cow flowing.

I will be surprise if don't see some stupid law to keep their coffers replenish at the expenses of the American public.

Bend over please, next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 25-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You guys, THIS IS NOTHING NEW. A bunch of my threads have been regarding vaccinations. To the defense of Guardasil, I can't believe I am going to say this, the deaths have not been directly linked to the vaccine. It may be a coincidence. As seekers of truth on ATS, we must have all of the evidence to make solid conclusions. With that said, I am also a firm believer in not getting vaccines....ESPECIALLY THE FLU SHOT!!!!!!!! Don't believe the hype!!!

Neither U.S. nor European health officials have directly linked the deaths or miscarriages to Gardasil. The FDA has said there is no reason to reexamine approval of the drug.

no link between guardasil and deaths

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If we dont pressure adults they wont get vaccines.

Beware Hillary Clinton. Beware socialized healthcare.

A certain number of vaccinations will be required to be covered under health care.

Or you will be in default or your health will be dropped or worse thrown in jail.

just pray billary doesnt win.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Vaccinations against infectious diseases should probably be required for those who work in close contact with the public, just as children must be vaccinated before going to school. I'm a teacher and I have to get a TB test periodically, that's state law in most states. It makes sense to me.

new topics

top topics

join