It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Way-Herman Brood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is a renditon of the standard "My Way" by the famed Dutch singer, songwriter, pianist, actor, and artist, Herman Brood [pronounced "Broat).

Brood lived a live of wretched excess until he saw what his lifestyle did to himself and how it could have influenced young people to adopt the destructive lifestyles themselves.

Although the could not completely kick his drug and alcohol problems, he spent much of his time warning of the trap he found himself in.

It's time well spent the read his Wikipedia biography and to listen to this poignant rendering of "My Way."

Brood swore off most drugs, reducing his drug use to alcohol and a daily shot of speed. When, in 2001, he found out that he had only a few months left to live, Herman took matters into his own hands and, depressed by the failure of his drug rehabilitation programme, committed suicide on July 11 by jumping from the roof of the Amsterdam Hilton Hotel at the age of 54.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2008/1/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
very good video, he was a artistic lad, very deep an emotional.

you can easily see why he was the way he was an why he did what he did, they opened a world into which he was able to be truely himself. Its prolly when he clicked the most with others around him since he was so special a thinker.

bravo. bravo.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
To be honest, I never even heard of Herman.

I watched the vid; it's kinda like a mini-biography.

He seems like a person who's 'been there done that' kinda guy.

Shame that he left us in 2001.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us Grady!

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
In the same vein, here's a retrospective of Frank Sinatra's life done to his rendition of "My Way."

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
And continuing with this theme, here is Sid Vicious sing "My Way."

[edit on 2008/1/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
And now, we have Elvis Preley singing "My Way."

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
And, of course, what thread would be complete without a rendition of "My Way" by the Leningrad Cowboys!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Now, returning to our original theme, I now present Luciano Pavarotti & Frank Sinatra singing "My Way."

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Before Paul Anka wrote the lyrics to "My Way," Claude François sang the original lyrics to the song "Comme d'habitude."

[edit on 2008/1/25 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

join