It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Heath Ledger draw dark spiritual forces to him by completely submersing himself into character?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Skyfloating

well, he did have a role as a heroin addict in candy last year and the rumor is his girlfriend tossed him out when his habit got out of hand.

Heath didn't do heavy drugs. So now he's a heroin addict because he played the ROLE of one? I guess Mark Hamill thinks he actually is a Jedi too.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Nice to see everyone here is giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. What if the kid was clean and his death was an accident?

Drug reactions kill people in hospitals around the world every day. Cut the kid some slack. There'll be plenty of time to barbecue him if the tox screens come in dirty.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Exactly what I said. See my post on page 1.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by swinggal
Exactly what I said. See my post on page 1.

Yes and I said it well before you although without the "angry face".

I'd appreciate you not lumping us all together as a group of people out to besmirch Heath's good name. I don't think anyone here wanted too. I'm glad that you feel the same sadness that most of the world does in the wake of Heath's death but that doesn't entitle you alone to make indignant accusations.

I don't think the OP meant anything offensive by this thread at all. He merely wondered if the role of dark characters can spiritually or otherwise can pay a toll on the actor in question. It's something Jack Nicholson (albeit arrogantly) insinuated.

It's a fair question to ask. It's not like we're posting tabloid dirt on the poor man so chill.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Fair enough, maybe I was a bit harsh and I apologise...but the same inferences have been posted in the tabloids too.

Just makes me sad as I feel sorry for his family, having to deal with all sorts of rumours and speculation. I guess we'll never really know what happened.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
For the record, I think Mr. Ledger was a fine actor and probably a really cool dude in person. In fact, I agree with what someone posted earlier along the lines of really feeling that the loss of this actor was more important than others, for some unknown reason.

I do wonder though, if such a role could attract something bad. I wonder how he felt about his role in The Order. I recommend the movie, but it was quite dark indeed, and heavy on the supernatural.

May he Rest In Peace.

[edit on 1/30/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I kind of wish I could have played the Joker because I Honestly could have pulled it off, I'm just crazy enough and I would have put an awesome spin on it, oh well what could have been right? LOL
I don't really know what to make of this Joker at all but I'll probably go see it anyway.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Man oh man. I was hesitant to enter this thread because of the title

But Dr., you make a good point. There IS something to the mental consequence of developing different personalities. This branches all the way into 'mind control' where a subject can be fractured mentally into different personalities. There are many techniques to change a persons 'self', ranging from abuse, to repetitive torture, to subconscious implants, but I'd have to say that willfully taking on a different personality would have ALL kinds of mental consequences.

Now, I don't mean to go out on a limb here, but I had this thread Satanic and Mind Control Manipulation in the Rock Music Industry which just touches on the fractured and somewhat tortured lives of musicians... the seedy underworld of Hollywood is hand in hand with the known corruption in the Music business...

I don't believe Heath had anything to do with that, but I DO believe being an actor who was obsessed with his craft put him 'out there'. He could easily have slipped down the same path as many of the greatest performers and entertainers... something might happen to them when they are continually juggling their ego and their 'role'.

Good thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I like your analysis of this whole situation. I agree with you on basically all of your points.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join