It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Jesse Macbeth, this my response to the world

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
well, iam fresh out of prison, and i see the world is still discussion me mostly bashing me, for the things that i have said i deserve it. but i know alot of you have been wanting to know the truth have been wanting to know why i did and said the things i did. first off let me say i had no ideah it would get this big i had no ideah it would become internation and that was not my intention. i simply wanted to get back at the army for the way they treated me in basic training. basic is hard but for me it was even harder. i dont exspect any of you to believe any of this because my credabilty is already shot but here is the truth. take it are leave it. iam muslim and have been most of my life. my family was muslim. i grew up in saudi arabia for the first seven years of my life. i joined the army an american muslim proud of my country and wanting to make a difference i knew that i could be an asset to operation in iraq because iam muslim i speak arabic, i can read it and write it, and i know the culture. i was also homeless at that point in my life. i joined the army a proud man. but it seemed the army wasent so proud to have me. the first week of basic everything went ok besides being smoked and drilled to exhaustion there were no out of orinary issues. intil during the secound one of my drill dgt (ds martin) appraoched me in the training bay in front of all the other iet soldiers in my platoon took the quran off my bunk spit in it and threw it across the room yelling "muslims dont belong in my army" and madde me crawl in his words" like the muslim dog i was" to get my holy book. i was upset but again i wanted so bad to be part of something. all my life i was eigther in grouphomes homeless are in jail. i wanted to change that and this was my chance so i took the the racial slurs and religiouse slurs know that it wouold all end in 7 more weeks. but it only got worse during the 3 week of basic in the few hrs that we get to sleep i was pulled down from my bunk by my drill sgt. i was on the top bunk so the fall took the wind from me. he a and a couple of other iet soldiers beat me badly strip my cloths from me and tied me to the poll naked in the training bay. for the next 2 days i was tied there naked. pages of my quran were ripped out and shoved down my throat. bacon was shoved down my thrat. cold water was dumped on me. i was called hajji, sand 'n-word', and several other slurs. i was repeatedly punched kicked and spit on while i was tied i did not sleep for the days i was tied to the poll and i had to urniated on myself. i had open wounds and cuts on my face and all over mybody the only nourishment i got were the words of allah. that was enough to get me through it. on the mourning of the third day i was rleased told to shower and clean the bay. i still dident know why they singled me out. i was on there side a black muslim american. trying to help and make a difference. but to them i was just a muslim i was just the enemy. i was hurt and scared and i began to hate them for the things they did to me. the drill sgt knew i was not gonna keep quite about what happen so he threatened me he said that if i said anything he would kill me and make it look like an accident on the feild. at the point in my life i dident care anymore what he did to me. i went to the chaplin and told him what happened. he dident belive me despite how beaten and battered my body was despite showing him my ripped and torn quran. i wasnt to the battilion comander and he braught in the drill sgt martin. i was afraid of him afriad of all of them. he dident belive me eigther his words were. "why shoul;d i believe you a pvt over a mant hat has 17yrs in the army and no blemish on his record" and i was sent away after drill sgt martin called me a liar several times. later that night he stood me infrom of all the training platoons on sandhill and told them iam the enemy iam the reason why we are fighting my people were responable for 911
out of sapce......

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So why did ya go to prison? Sorry about the army guys. Didn't you know they would be idiots?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Maybe this will clear things up a bit

en.wikipedia.org...

Jesse Adam Macbeth (b. Jesse Adam Al-Zaid,[1] in 1984) is a civilian anti-war protester who falsely claimed to be an Army Ranger and veteran of the Iraq War. He lied in alternative media interviews that he and his unit routinely committed war crimes in Iraq. [2][3] Transcripts of the video were made in English and Arabic.[4] According to the U.S. Army, there is no record of Macbeth being a Ranger,[5][6] or serving in a combat unit: he was discharged from the service after having been declared unfit or unsuitable for the Army, or both,[7] before he could complete basic training.[8]

After his release from the Army in 2004, Macbeth purported himself to be a veteran, telling war stories and garnering attention from mainstream,[9] alternative[10] and student media outlets. He joined Iraq Veterans Against the War in January of 2006,[11] and represented, or was scheduled to represent them publicly at various events throughout the country;[12][13][14] the organization has since said it does not endorse Macbeth or his accounts of military service.[11] Accounts in Macbeth's name appear on Military.com and Myspace.com, and both were used to post claims about military service in Iraq.[15] On September 21, 2007 Macbeth admitted in federal court that he had faked his war record. U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Sullivan declared that Macbeth had been in the Army for just 44 days and had been dismissed as unfit.[16]

Thanks for coming forth and telling your side Jesse. I'm sure you'll get a lot of questions, and likely be hammered pretty hard by some members. I'm not going to pass judgment until I hear a bit more of the story though.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
to continue were i left off.

he told them that i was a terrorist and a lir . he told them that if i was to try and leave that they could use any force necassry to try and bring me back. he dident care if they killed me. so i did the only thing i could thinking i ws dead already i said a short prayer and infront of them and the chaplin i started to swallow a whole bottle of tylenol that i got from the px. i thought they were gonna kill me so i wasent gonna give that satisfaction. but the chaplin had me rushed ot martin army communty hopsital in ft benning ga were my stomache was pumped and i was hospitalized for 2 weeks. during those 2 weeks jag came to see me and army investagators they documented everything i have said i signed a sworn statement and i was released from the army with an entry level seperation for failure to adapt to military lifestyle. i was sent back to arizona on my own accord they dident pay for my transportation i had to find my own way. i was homeless again when i got back to the arizona homeless and pissed off i couldent find a lawyer to take up my case/ no one would so i decided to get them were it would hurt. i began to lie to do what ever i could to make the military look bad to make them look like a pice of carp that slaughters and kills innocent. i said i was a ranger because drill sgt martin had a ranger tab. it was my way of getting back at them and trying to get compensated ofr what they put me through and what they did to me. i lied and my lies hurt alot of peoples feeling no doubt abaout it. my lies gave people something to do and some one else to hate and blogg about. but my lies dident take us to war are cost the lifes of hundreds of thousands of iraqs not to mention over 4,000 american troops my lies did not make are country look like even more of a warmongering bully. am i sorry for my lies i am because i cant try to avenge a wrong done to me by doing a another wrong. but my lies did help to expose alot of things. if you research wich i know some of you are really good at you will find the truth ineverything i have said here call martin army communtiy hopsital ask for records investigate do what the ats is known for. i gurentee you will find that i told you the truth in this post. ia m not a bad man just a man that was wronged and tried to get back at the people that wronged me. so i hope this clears up some things for everybody. if not feel free to ask questions are bash me more if you makes you feel better

i did not mean to demean the efforts and sacrifes that were made in iraq by are troops the ones that were actually trying to make a difference. if i did so in any way i am sorry. i apologize to all the media and peace orgs that i made look bad. and most of all i apologizez to all the families that lost someone to this war .

jesse macbeth

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i knew i would get alot of flak for the things i said but at that point in my life i dident care anymore. i never thought that i would be treated any differently for joining the army as a muslim that never crossed my mind i always thought very highly of the army. i wanted to make the army the family i never had. i thought they were the answer to everything that is wrong in the world and society that soldiers were the best peole in the world. but i was only 18 experiance has a way of erashing naive notions you grow up

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Your lies and actions were nothing compared to the crimes commited by the leaders of the US. They should be the ones incarcerated. I can tell you are angry and want revenge. Go on with your life and realize that these things are beyond anyone's control. Many in the armed forces are fighting for lies and they will learn soon. This war scam relies on ignorance and anger, deny them.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Jesse,

May I ask why you chose ATS as your soapbox?

Also, you said that your testimony was based on research that you had done. ( think I read that right). Can you tell us a little about what you heard happening, and if the research was from a reliable source?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i chose ats because i always liked ats i always felt the people here were in search for the truth and most of them are really inteligent people. the research i did was through my interactions with alot of iraq vets and war crimes investigators that i met up with and spent long hours talking to. i was flown all over the united states to speak. and got the chance to meet alot of good people good veterans that told me alot of things that shocked me most of those things i took as my own and said i did it. when actually it was the nightmare and horro that a real veteran lived and did and shared with me. ivaw has alot of good veterans but they wont tell you about how many fake ones they endorse. they knew that my dd214 was fake they knewjust about everything but i was there pawn they helped me get off the streets and feed me and put money in my pocket i went around doing there work for them. it worked out of us both i got to get my hate and anger out and they got what they wanted to. but when things got to big they stabbed me in the back. they asked me to do that video. they paid me to do it. so i did. but mainly when i was talking about research i was talking about doing research on me so you all can verify the things i have said here. martin army community hospital in ft benning ga is were i was hospitalize after i took those pills and they have a record and eyewitness accounts from other iet soldiers and nurses. i am working on getting copies of all those records and trying to get copies of my sworn statement from jag

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
dryken1-

If you are indeed Jesse Macbeth, it is in your best interest that you contact one of the moderators or one of the site founders. Many will attack you and/or question your identity, so providing incontrovertible proof to one of the "bosses" here will go a long way to getting your voice heard. All of the staff here are very helpful and accommodating and, if you are who you claim you are, will go to the wall for you.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i will do that how do i get ahold of the moderators. it wont bother me if people attack me look me up on the web i am kinda numb to what people say anymore

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think I can sympathize with you Jesse. Unfortunately, as you may expect, you've lost some credibility with the masses since your false testimony. I would love to see the records of your conversations about the complaints you made against your Drill Sergent and the like. If the army is really this prejudiced against Muslim recruits I will lose much of the respect I have for them.

However, it wouldn't surprise me. I know the army has a history of prejudice, and this just seems to be the modern incarnation of it.

Stay strong.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dryken1

i did not mean to demean the efforts and sacrifes that were made in iraq by are troops the ones that were actually trying to make a difference. if i did so in any way i am sorry. i apologize to all the media and peace orgs that i made look bad. and most of all i apologizez to all the families that lost someone to this war .

jesse macbeth

You did more than that. There are people in the world trying to make a difference by revealing truths that are pretty hard to uncover. You are the epitome of the noise that prevents this. You are self-centered fabricator that leads people away from a beneficial path and wastes their time chasing gooses....so you could "get bacK' at some one.

Basically you're a selfish, childish liar.

I guess I just wasted a few more minutes on you by reading what you apparently think is an excuse. So, I gave it more than I should have before sharing my opinion. Right earned and exercised.

Dismissed!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
well as soon as i get the records and get in contact with a moderator i will have them help me post them on here. i do got some federal documents from my court case that verifies alot of this i dont get alot of time on the computer because it is at a library and i work alot but the next time i am on it i will scan and post what i got

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
no it wasent an excuse not at all. it was an answer to alot of people wondering why i did what i did. but i guess in many peoples eyes like yours no matter what i say it is wrong are you will take it the wrong way. i really dont care i got what really happened off my chest. so i dont have to carry it around anymore its a way of letting go for me so say what you want feel free to vent it really doesent bother me anymore after reading everything on the web harsh comments and remarks are nothing to me. so take what i said how you want and have a nice day

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have to admit that this is the first I have heard of this story. Before today I have never heard the name Jesse MacBeth. Before I begin researching your claims I have a just two questions that are really tugging at my mind.

#1. You claim that you took a bottle of Tylenol that you got from the PX in an attempted suicide. Why did you chose this method? It seems to me (and I do not know this for sure) that this would be very ineffective and likely to not cause much of a reaction at all. However, the same people you claimed that were willing to torture and kill you then rushed you to a hospital for medical care? Is there any way you could expand on this portion of your story?

#2. I can certainly understand wanting some payback and going to extreme measures to get that payback. So to some extent I can understand lying and making up stories to make the Army look bad. With that being said, can you see how that can damage your credibility now that you are attempting to tell the truth? How do you respond to this?

Thank you for sharing your story here, and I look forward to your reply.

- Mr. Wendal

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Basically you're a selfish, childish liar.

And he did his time for it.

I don't see how insults could help this conversation Val. I think questions would be more productive than offhand dismissals.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Why don't you handle it your way, and I'll handle it mine. I had opinion I felt he needed to hear because obviously he doesn't get the breadth of the effects of his actions. If he's sincere in wanting to right his wrongs, he needs to know what all of them were, and he will have wrote what he wrote expecting same.

I don't think he came here for a public defender, Ras...so keep your day job.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Youre an (insert demeaning insult)!!!
If what this guy wrote above is true and he was treated like that.....he deserves to have all those guys heads on a damn plater!!!
Human rights should never be violated....so what if he lied. I would have done the same thing if faced with a situation that had no way out other than death and torture. You know people can be evil....especially indoctrinated people and you wont find a more heavily populated bunch of indoctrinated peole than the US ARMY. HOOOAHH!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
it wasent the whole army that did those things to me. the chaplin i told wasent involved in it. he was some one i trusted to talk to about it and he dident want me to die from the tylenol the chaplain was actaully a nice man.. i took the tylenol because i hoped it would kill me and at the same time i hoped some onw any one would take me out of that situation and to a hospital. and they did they chaplain had me rushed there. i know my credidablity is shot with the world iam doing this more to get it off my chest so i can let it go. i dont really care if people believe it or not. i have just been holding it for about 4 yrs and i wanted to get it off my chest

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well, i have to say truthfully (if you know what "truthfully" means, Jesse) that after reading your story in WIKIPEDIA, i would´nt believe a single word you say..EVER !!

I dont know what you expected to gain from so many lies, sympathy, money, recognition...

I have to re-ask a question put in an earlier reply...why choose ATS to spout your views..

I would say that nearly all if not all the US citizens here on ATS are proud to be American (even if they dont trust their own government), and dont take kindly to the image of their already much maligned army being done irreparable harm by a mithomaniac..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join