It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Military Offers Explanation For Stephenville UFO Reports

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
reply to post by Diplomat

The weird squiggly lines sounds like the mirage heat waves described by Ricky Sorrells.

I'm talking about the squiggly lines in this video:

cbs11tv.com...

I think Ricky Sorrells said he saw the mirage heat waves coming directly off the huge metallic craft that he was looking at. The blue squiggly lines in that video don't look anything like that.

The blue squiggly lines sort of reminds me of those weird space worms. They also look like they could be some sort of hologram or projection.

That's what they look like to me too but they also look like those squiggly lines recorded by those I mentioned in one of my posts here.

Whatever it is, it's not the mile long UFO that most saw on that day -- these squiggly lines are just yet another strange UFO sighting that was seen by others that day too.

I'm hoping someone is keeping track of everything that was seen that day and who saw what and how many. 500 showed up for that MUFON town meeting so can't wait to read up their report on that but just hope they include every thing and not just stuff that only supports their perspective on things.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
That's what happens when you have dogmatic-science elitists running a paranormal organization. They will deem anything 'paranormal' to be outside the realm of science and therefore, implausible.

This denies the fact that many experts attest that E.T. and UFO technology is inherently intradimensional and far beyond our capacity of understanding. Dogma is the single worst thing about the scientific community. Some are able to expand their conception, others would rather not touch it at all: that's the difference between real science and Dogma.

Very eloquently said NWO and you did a much better job of pointing out those troubling issues in this area than I ever could.
Things have to change in this area if we are ever to get any closer to what's really going on here. Thanks again for your comments!

PS -- hmmmm, interesting observations on those symbols. Thanks for mentioning that. Very intriguing!

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This might sound dumb so excuse me. What I want to know is how long did the sightings last. Hours, minutes, a whole day and night? The reason for asking is that jets need fuel to fly. Did the "UFO" in question ever look as if it landed? If so then yeah it might have been a usa jet pilot that got "lost" or disorientated while in flight. But if not then their is some ground to stand on for the ufo sighting. Also I seen some video on CNN of some colorful light, that appears to bet shot at dark. Is that suppose to be the UFO that everyone else seen earlier that day? To me it looks like some lazer light show I seen while at an old Pink Floyd concert when I was younger. Its like the government has this kickass lazer that they use to get the attention away from what is really goin on in the sky. "All the pretty colors, EWWW AWHHHH" And the man that is "trying" to focus all the attention to his video of the lazer lookin thing, seems to me to be a disinformationist.

-goddogo1-

[edit on 24pm1 30 200 by goddogo1]

[edit on 24pm1 30 200 by goddogo1]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Since when do F16's look like round flying discs with lights on them?

Those are "unremarkble?" you've got to be kidding me.... in one point you can even see the word GO and a question mark.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by OmegaFactorZ]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This isn't breaking news.

They are blowing smoke up our arses!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Click here!!!!!

www.cnn.com...

"Also, what's going on in Stephenville, Texas? Was it a UFO that residents saw earlier this month? The Air Force has an explanation, which fuels the other-worldly talk! Get the latest with Larry and his guests, tonight!"

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
This isn't breaking news.

They are blowing smoke up our arses!!!

This just in : The Military is keeping an untold number of mind-shattering secrets from the public and the Mass Media is in on it!!!!

You're right, this isn't breaking news at all.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The Stephenville incident is a textbook example of UFOlogy. It raises many questions and answers so few.

UFO sightings with multiple witnesses are far more exciting that sightings by individuals. It's not easy to discredit a large, diverse group of people. With so many seeing objects in the Texas night, even ardent debunkers are forced to admit 'something' took place over Stephenville.

What is typical for UFOlogy, and one reason why most people remain skeptical, is the vast differences in witness descriptions. Some speak of an object one mile long and a half mile wide. Others speak of strobing lights, the size of an aircraft. Some see an object shaped like a flying saucer, while others fail to distinguish any shape at all. Who are we supposed to believe and why is there such a discrepency in the details?

But the Air Force response represents the bigger discrepency. Conspiracy theorists couldn't ask for better fodder. To first claim no presence in the vicinity is bad enough. But then to claim 10 F-16s were flying? Either the Air Force is totally incompetent and 'lost' or 'forgot' ten fighter jets (which scares the hell outta me) or else they lied (whcih scares the hell outta me).

With so many eyewitnesses, we can safely assume something happened above Stephenville. And, because we have so many eyewitnesses, we can safely assume it wasn't F-16s. Most people are able to recognize military fighter craft over their heads, yet none of the witnesses are making such a claim (except to say that a couple of jets were in pursuit).

The military response is so implausible, it's actually harder to accept than the UFO option. But accepted it will be, by many, because of the lack of hard evidence. That an object one mile long could not be captured on video is the biggest discrepency of all.

At the end of the day, and despite all the great testimonials, all we are left with is a case of 'he said, she said.'

Check out my blog: Esoterica in America

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman
...I think ATS should start it's OWN Internet News service. Real interviews... real debates. Real dialog. Beyond podcasts. REAL alternative news! We have enough people doing the research and a diverse enough group that I think it could happen.

What say you?

Peace,
Jammer+
"

Cool idea, I like it. Lots.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
In the event any of my friends on ATS are interested, the pattern of debunking is always the same. At first the Gov't. will deny, then after a satisfactory passage of time will offer a B.S. story. Then that story will evolve depending on what else comes to light. More witnesses means they admit to a training mission. Got pics, admit to a weather balloon. Got landing markings, accuse hoaxers. Got radiation burns, they got a disgruntled former employee. Get it? The only way for us to win is to out dis- information them. Find one of these sightings, wait for them to lie about it, then present with (well) fabricated evidence, then let them lie about that. We can all use the laugh watching the Govt. lie about the lie. None of that will prove anything in a court of law, but we all knoww the truth.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Okay, check this out.
Witnesses describe MULTIPLE SIGHTINGS in and around the Stephenville (sp?) area over a course of a couple of days. Key to these events was a mass sighting that encouraged other witnesses to come forward. One of the few witnesses to see the event TWICE (as interviewed on the Factor) said that the craft flew by, and then came back shortly thereafter, followed by pursuing "military" aircraft. Bill o'rielly said that he didn't believe his story due to the lack of military confirmation.
THIS IS KEY: By agreeing that there were jets in this area, we learn three important things. 1- that the townspeople knew the Object was not a jet, because they Identified the Jets when they appeared! They knew the difference!
2- Due to the credibility shifting, we now have to agree that the craft had appeared multiple times!
3- It was not ours. If this was a testing of military secret equipment, it would have eventually gone away. If it was routine, a pilot or ground crew, or radar tech would have eventually blogged/blabbed, "Hey, That was us!", And even as a Jarhead, I know that most missiles do not have the ability to almost hover, and then go suddenly 3,000 mph. And why the heck is the military still all over the place? What did they do???? Accidentally shoot one down? Or the other way around? WE DO NOT do our training like that.
Jason

P.S. I will accept project blue beam and ramp ups as a plausible theory.

PS Pt Deux Bad, Airforce! Bad! Go to your room! You just wait till your father gets home and hears what you've done.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I saw this today on the news and I couldnt believe the fact that the government was stupid enough to actually lie like that. We the people are not stupid. We need to change the name of our country either to lying government or to we are not stupid.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
By now everyone should know that believing in the government or the
military is like believing in a pathalogical liar. In the words of the great
Lincoln: "You may deceive all the people part of the time, and part of the
people all the time, but not all the people all the time."

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Click here!!!!!

www.cnn.com...

"Also, what's going on in Stephenville, Texas? Was it a UFO that residents saw earlier this month? The Air Force has an explanation, which fuels the other-worldly talk! Get the latest with Larry and his guests, tonight!"

I'd like to see this very much. Hopefully someone records it

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ok, I'm going to leave the main story out about Texas in this post and focus on MUFON's response. First off, remember that they reported that they received no video or photos from this event, that it all came from 07. So, if that's true, it could possibly follow that they've seen this footage and know that it's not what was seen the night in question. If that's true then they know that the most recent event is much more important than what happened in 07, and instead of admitting that there was evidence pertaining to UFOs in Stephenville, but not pertaining to this case (which would go over most people's head) they decided to announce to the public that the footage was unremarkable. If they had said that the footage held weight then it would be brought to the news and they would say that it looked nothing like what the witnesses saw thus allowing the AF explanation to gain credence. I actually think MUFON is playing it smart on this one.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Oh, so it came from 07? Well they didn't say that in that newscast but then again they intentionally edited that news clip to make it appear that Steve Allen was saying that what's in that vid is what he saw on that day when in actuality they were just taking a fragment of one of his comments where he said the phrase "THis Is It" when he was actually talking about something else instead.

They left out not only Allen's version of what he actually saw on that day and it's now apparent that they also left out that that vid was from 07!!

Thanks for the clarification on that -- it's not from this most recent sighting.. they should have said that!! -- this explains a lot because it really had me wondering why they were not excited about that video and were calling it unremarkable and so on.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
Find one of these sightings, wait for them to lie about it, then present with (well) fabricated evidence, then let them lie about that.

Oh my God, that is genius.

If there were some way for civilians to pull a mass 'fake-sighting' and then sit back and watch the military make up explanations for it?

In the end, we'd be all over the place yelling at the top of our lungs , "WE SAW NOTHING AND THE MILITARY STILL LIED ABOUT IT!"

Of course, the military would find some way to imprison us as terrorists for inciting the riot that would soon follow, once the populace realized just how sinister and dishonest our government is.

We should seriously start a thread about this idea... lemme know if you do.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
i believe the military, this is what the people saw

www.youtube.com...

no ufo

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by raptor108
i believe the military, this is what the people saw

www.youtube.com...

no ufo

Are you serious or just showing sarcasm?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Yeah I guess all these people were hitting the hippie lettuce maybe they were eating some magic mushrooms to see all the ufos they saw.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join