It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldiers vs. Iraqi Kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What do you think about the following videos? These "men" are representing the United States, and that is disgusting.

There was one more video with American soldiers on a truck holding bottled water with a bunch of Iraqi kids running after them for the water. That video got taken down due to "terms of violation" a minute later when I went to the get youtube code.

Conspiracy, anyone?

Edit - Fix youtube code.

[edit on 1/21/2008 by Hyzera]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Not to get drawn in a debate over this but have you also looked at the ones whre the kids are pelting the trucks with stones and what not also fireing mortars at fob etc? look at both sides then make your mind up people.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well, who knows what the context of these videos...and who knows what was edited out.

I do know, based on my friends who have been there....the kids are not always cute and innocent. Many attack the vehicles w/ rocks. Many come up begging for stuff and are relentless in doing so. Sometimes they (the soldiers) have things to hand out (candy, toys) but many times they dont. So sometimes the kids expect things and harass them until they get something.

I dont know the context or what was edited out.

I think some of it was funny....but I have a sense of humour. Like the last one....what was wrong w/ that?

[edit on 21-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I actually found this one funny

www.youtube.com...

But again, greeney's probably right, some of the kids can be dangerous and armed, hidden with explosives up in their shirts or pants, or........anuses?

[edit on 21-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well, the video that was taken off was the thing that disgusted me the most.

They had about 6-7 kids running after their truck because one soldier was holding out bottled water, and eventually there was one kid left still running. The soldier threw the bottle and some random adults got it, not the kid.

To be honest, I laughed at the grenade one.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Oh yeah Children suffering under American occupation because of a psychotic power hunger oil cartel wants to control ALL of the worlds oil resources. Hilarious. Nothing quite so funny as a child with a stub of an arm because of American Napalm. But you know they deserve it because the parents supported Sadam who organized the whole 911 plot with Bin Laden and the Iranians.

(disgusted sarcasm/off)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I didn't see anything but some troops having some fun with the kids.

Some of the language wouldn't be very appropriate in a polite environment, but I didn't hear much that wouldn't be heard in most sitcoms today.

Did you hear the one soldier tell the kid that he'd already given them 12 bottles of water?

These troops are in harms way and it's probably not really safe to trust the kids, but they're entertaining them anyway.

The OP's just stirring up trouble with these videos.

I can't believe I turned off the stereo to listen to this nonsense.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Well, I'm sorry, but I didn't mean to stir up any trouble. I guess different people percieve things differently. I didn't hear the soldier say he already gave them 12 bottles.

But the video that really motivated me to make this thread was taken off youtube for some reason.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hey, how about this?

I got to give a "Wow" to this one

Damn...

[edit on 22-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here's actually a good one....

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ive seen that vid you find it on live leak their chaseing a hummer for about a mile with loads of kids runn ing after it. Thats all you see who knows what happend before hand.To me it's just like being in school pulling pranks as anyone would given half the chance I know I would for one each to their own I guess.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

You're right, that is a pretty nice video!

I'm not saying all the men and women stationed in Iraq are #holes. But it's videos like this that make you wonder.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Soldiers are like any other group of people.
Some are jerks, some are practically saints, most are basically OK.

It doesn't really matter, either way the invasion of Iraq was a mistake.

Looking at the videos, except for the water bottle chase, most of the encounters with these Iraqi kids seem pretty harmless.

They're teasing the kids and joking around, but they're not abusing or threatening them or anything...

The obscene chant was a little over the top

[edit on 1/22/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
you also want to see the ones where their sayiong they hate iraq and don't want to be their post some of those up aswell then you can round it all off and make your mind up.

top topics

join