It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life After People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Just to let everyone know - there is a 2 hour special on tonight at 9:00 pm Eastern on the History Channel entitled "Life After People".

www.history.com...

Within the production, there is a presentation about how to survive and also a look into what happened at Chernobyl.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am so excited about this show, I have been waiting for 2 months. The CGI in the ads for it look so cool. I don't know why I am so attracted to shows like this, most people didnt like the movie AI I loved it because the New York under water scenes (and of course the very end) same with The Day after Tomorrow (New York buried in snow) I could go on and on.
Anyway very excited!!! Hopefully it will be 1000x's better than the "Last Days" show last night.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thanks for this post, at first I was afraid that this might have been posted a while ago, but I looked and sure enough its on tonight, Anywase, thanks

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
the show is on RIGHT NOW... it is also airing at 12 (midnite) central time. Everybody needs to watch this. Very intriguing how much will be lost in less than 3 centuries. basically everything.... Creepy.

Maybe advanced civilization actually has been on this planet before?

Coven

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Great show, had a couple beers and relaxed in front of this one and it was pretty thought provoking.

You do have to suspend disbelief a bit to get into the whole "Night of the Comet" no- humans-anywhere storyline but after you get past that it's pretty much smooth sailing.

On a side note, I had one of those (I'm getting old moments) as well as a (I hate the public school system moments) when, upon the program getting to the Chernobyl disaster, I had to explain what it actually was to 3 people in the room.

They had all been born between 1983-85 and had only vague recollections of something I distinctly remember and was a fairly important childhood memory.

So, after I finished weeping like a schoolgirl I watched the rest of the show and was pretty impressed.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I like the History Channel, but part of me is convinced that they are part of the media conglomerate. I'm sure if you traced ownership of the network you'd end up with the same Illuminati enterprises.

Programs like this only raise my suspicion. It's an excellent documentary idea (haven't seen it yet), I just have a feeling that it's another hint that the powers that be don't expect us to be around in 20 years and they want us to contemplate that fact.

Maybe other people don't get that impression. I still have seen too many History channel presentations that attempt to shirk 'conspiracy theory' by literally re-writing historical events, like the 9/11 collapse or the ridiculous show on Masonry (talk about beating around the bush.)

Whenever I watch these programs I get the distinct impression that there is manipulation going on. Of course, people call this paranoid, but these are the same people who believe the History channel was telling the truth about 9/11 etc. I don't believe that for a second. And I don't believe they've created this show just because it's 'neat' to ponder the end of human existence.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
For those who missed both showings tonight, there will be an encore presentation this coming Wednesday as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Cool show, I learned a lot. I hate to think of my two dogs fending for themselves against all the gang member dogs in the neighborhood,most dogs have street credit down here from protecting their drug dealer owners, and my dogs are spoiled. But seriously it was a really cool show, that was intresting about hoover dam being able to possibly last for years without human up keep.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The show was fine, for speculation. I thought some of the time frames might have been off a bit, as I live in a fairly humid area and yet know of many wooden buildings that haven't disappeared even after 75 years of total neglect.

But what I found interesting was the show about the Mayan/2012 that came on first, and then this one. (The Mayan thing wasn't anything new at all, or even that good.) This was a night of fear mongering at it's worst, to have these two back to back. It was a total of three hours meant to cause fear.

Makes you wonder why?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Sadly, as my cocker spaniel doesn't actually notice that I exist, I fear that I will not be missed
I can already see her.....Walking around the house, helping herself to the pantry....opening one of daddy's favorite beef jerky bags...Then finally settling down on the couch and watching her akc dog show highlights DVD that I got her for Christmas.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMind88

It's a shame I can't see this until someone uploads it to google video or youtube since I've given up on cable/satellite TV

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I too saw it, and also watched 2012 before that.

I also cant help but wonder why the History Channel places so much emphasis on THE END.

Entertaining as they both were, and informative, i also wonder why they're mostly dedicated to end times now?

I lovingly call it "The Doomsday Channel".

What are they promoting? Really? PANIC? If so they're doing a very good job at it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

i also wonder why they're mostly dedicated to end times now?

It's a psychological tool. The more we're exposed to something, the more acceptable it becomes to us. The 2012 thing brings in an element of inevitability. They want to keep us focused on anything but the true direction of the threats we face. I don't get the channel so I couldn't watch it but I'm guessing that the cause depicted for mans extinction wasn't by being done in by those in power. I'm also guessing that they were depicted as victims along with the rest of us. Entertaining propaganda at its best.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comma8Comma1
You do have to suspend disbelief a bit to get into the whole "Night of the Comet" no- humans-anywhere storyline but after you get past that it's pretty much smooth sailing.

Yeah, in a real-world mass human extinction, there would be massive piles of dead bodies everywhere, polluting the cities for a little while, and quite a bit of destruction done by people in their death throes. Maybe even a good old nuclear winter. It wouldn't take long, though, for the rest of the scenario to happen, after the bodies decayed/were eaten.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I too had to forgo watching this program for lack of a cable connection.
( I got tired of 100+ channels with nothing much that interested me )
However, I would like to weigh in on why " the end" might be a tool of the media/goverment.
( Note, I'm not claiming this is so but...)
As a study in hypotheticls, based on some degree of experience with tactics and goverment, I could easily imagine a case for misdirection.
It's a common ploy used in everything from a fist fight to a magicians show.
Get someone to look where you want them to so they don't see what your realy up to.
Along with reading mudltiple news sources looking for common denominators in a given story, I also look for pervasive patterns, when the media or goverment seems to be pushing an agenda or topic, then i try to look away from that subject, to what they may be wanting to distract us from.
At the very least it's good mental excersize, at optimum, perhaps I can find a grain of truth.
Either way, something to think about.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
This was a night of fear mongering at it's worst, to have these two back to back. It was a total of three hours meant to cause fear.

Makes you wonder why?

Exactly what I thought about this series.

It's an entertaining albeit unsettling form of assimilation. "Let's just give the people some neat-o t.v. shows about how they're all going to be extinct after we drop the nukes etc."

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I finally was able to find this great documentary on Google video for those (like myself) have foresworn cable TV
enjoy

video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I believe that they are focusing on end times now because they have exhausted all other disasters type shows. they have all been done to death. pardon the pun

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
They're focusing on it for one simple reason, really. It gets good ratings for them. People won't admit it, but they love that type of stuff. Its the whole 'slow-motion trainwreck' phenomenon. Its terrible, but do people look away? Nope, just like thousands of people every year have car accidents because they're gawking at a car accident that happened 15 minutes earlier.

BTW, the History Channel is owned by General Electric, which also owns NBC.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I was going to post a new thread... but this is here... i just watched the show... and at the end my mind was spinning... almost all traces of us are basically wiped away after (by the planets age) very little time... whos to say there wasnt already an advanced earth like today a million years ago?... or whenever?... and its just all wiped away.... are there any theories out there on this?... not like atlantis... but a thriving world before us..... maybe im to much of a newb....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join