It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic Case: Valensole incident (July 1965)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
As part of a project I'm currently finalising relating to the most frequently discussed UFO cases of all time, I’ve been collating links to discussions of the relevant cases on ATS. I could not find any threads relating to some of those cases so decided to quickly start a few of them, including this one:

The Valensole incident involves claims by French farmer Maurice Masse that he saw a craft and entities in his lavender field on 1 July 1965.

This incident featured in a list of cases produced by British ufologist Jenny Randles for the Fortean Times in 2007 as part of a survey of various researchers of the ten cases from 1947 onwards that interested them the most.

There is a Wikipedia page relating to the Valensole incident.

For relevant documents and articles online, see:
www.ufoevidence.org...

The incident is discussed in numerous UFO books, including:

• A 15 page discussion: Aime Michel, and Charles Bowen in “Encounter Cases from Flying Saucer Review” (1977) (edited by Charles Bowen) at pages 57-71 (unnumbered chapter entitled “A Visit to Valensole”) of the Signet paperback edition.
  • A 9 page discussion: Jean-Claude Bourret in his “The Crack in the Universe” (1977) at pages 98-106 (in Part 1), 138 (in Part 3) of the Neville Spearman hardback edition.
  • A 5 page discussion: Jerome Clark in his “The UFO Book: Encyclopedia of the Extraterrestrial” (1998) at pages 611-615 (in an entry entitled “Valensole CE2/CE3”) of the Visible Ink Press softcover edition.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks for another wonderful source of information Isaac. I can't wait until this project of yours is complete. You and Internos both are doing great work, and it will greatly benefit the discussions at ATS to have your project for referencing.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I might be wrong, but I have difficulties why this incidence should be classified as a "classic" except being an old event. I couldn't find anything sensational other than a story of "one" person and a suspicious trace of the "craft" on the ground. Although the person is called from everyone as very credible; he may just be a honest man, who just got bored. I might be wrong though.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar
Thanks for another wonderful source of information Isaac. I can't wait until this project of yours is complete.

Hi WitnessFromAfar,

Thanks for your kind words. I have now finalised the relevant rather long article and submitted it for consideration for the ATS newsletter. If it isn't accepted then I'll post it as a normal thread shortly.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Excellent! I can't wait to dig through it!
In a similar vein, after the recent debate over the 'Battle of Los Angeles' in another thread, I've decided to compile one of the most comprehensive reports to date on the case from my research files. If you'd like to see what I've got so far (over 7 pages of links and sources, and I'm still in the researching phase) I'll U2U it.

I don't plan on publishing it here for a while yet though, as I want to do some actual field work after my online research is finished. I am now living in the area after all, I think I can add some pertinent information to the investigation thus far. I'm expecting my investigations to take a few months.

Exciting isn't it? Even if it's nothing, each case is exciting to investigate. Glad to have you working on this stuff too, the more of us that actually take these reports seriously and do intensive analysis on the data, the clearer the answers are bound to become!

join