It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all ATS Star Gazers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm not getting anywhere on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...',

so i'm going to start another thread with the same information:

I borrowed a Sony handycam to take a video of a peculiar star. My problem, I have no way of getting the video off the camera. I simply cannot purchase a replacement docking station.

Is there another way? I’m willing to go around the world to get to town. I just ain't got no mo money.

If not, I am at 34 degrees, 19’06.29” N – 82 degrees, 58’ 55.43” W at an elevation of 848 when I took a video of a star.

This star shows on the SW horizon at approx. 4:45 am. It is quite red and I was struck dumb when I first noticed this star December 14, 2007 between 3-4 am. I initially thought it was one of the pulsating tower lights. Shortly after I first noticed this light I realized it was moving and concluded it had to be a star.

Everyone says it is the North Star. It’s red because of the reflection of the Sun. Okay, sounds logical but what of the pulsating. It was not twinkling. It definitely pulsated at about the same rate the tower lights were.

Anyway, I scrambled around and got hold of a digital camera and got a shot as best I could this morning and filmed it around 5 AM.

The light emitted from or radiating out from a star should theoretically be in the shape of a sphere right? The light from this star was not circular. It looked like the top of the sphere had been cut off. Zooming a little closer just to the left of the center of this star is a point of light.

Help me out here. I’ve been waiting for this moment.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

Sorry musselwhite, I cant help you on your star situation, but like you, I found myself looking up at the stars lately, why, it's not a normal function for me, but just maybe somethings going on.

I have been concentrating for about a month on just one star cluster called the Delphinus constellation or the dolphin cluster, why, I just dont know and as I stare at this star cluster it seems as though one of them the brightest is strobing and moving around erratically, but this is possibly my concentration problem, but just the same there seems to be a strobing affect emmanating from it, IMHO.

It would be a good post to know just what star clusters or constellations all the ATSers have chosen as their own, which is your favorite.

Sorry, off of your subject, all I can say is keep watching the night skies and maybe your answer to your own experience will be revealed.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Are you in the states? Location might help.

You might want to post your thread in the Space forum. Maybe you could get a little more info. from some astronomy buffs.

Sorry, I posted this in your previous thread, didn't see this one at the time.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gwhint

sorry for the delay in responding. i've been out of sorts for the past few days. i really do not have a favorite cluster of stars. i'm just interested in the star(s) that seem to draw my attention especially those located in the State of Georgia.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
in your other thread you were asked what model the sony handycam is.

you never said

Perhaps if you could supply that information you might some help.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

CDR-HC32 (Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Optical 20x). i thought maybe if i could just take the tape out and put it into the other camcord but it was too small. the camcord i initially borrowed did not do the job.

this has been the most frustrating thing. first upload my avatar. i had to have help.

if i could just get this off somehow, the shots are very interesting.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

yes, i am located in hartwell, georgia. if you googled earth at 1200 seed cleaner road you will find me. Ha! 34degrees, 19minutes 06.29seconds north; 82degrees, 58minutes 55.43seconds west at an elevation of 848.

the shots were taken at 5AM, December 12, 2008.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
researching your video cam

I'm guessing you are meaning the sony DCR-HC32.

Since you dont have the docking station (man what a bummer - i cant believe they designed something that reguired a docking station like that rather than putting the ports on the cam itself) you can transfer the images off the cassette to the memory stick that the camera accepts. You can then read the memory stick into your compupter with a card reader which is very inexpensive and available at most stores.

esupport.sony.com...

download the operating guide from that site and on page 62 it gives detailed instructions on how to do all this

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

I knew it! I knew someone on this Board could do it! I love ATS Board Brains! The is schooling at its best and i enjoy the class room.

thanks, i'll keep you abreast.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hi again musselwhite. I was lurking in this thread and while the videos, in my opinion, are extremely questionable, there are a couple of posts on pg. 2 that I thought you might be interested in reading. Apparently there are others who are seeing some strange things in Georgia.

Might be worth checking out, maybe a u2u.

New UFO video from Suwanee, Georgia

BTW...just a suggestion, but you might want to see if a mod will close your original thread since you have this one going, and maybe move this one out of Area 51/Facilities and into the UFO/Alien or Space forum.

Good Luck

[edit on 13-1-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

What thread were you lurking in? Did you edit the thread link out?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

I would go with the star Aldebaran rather than the North Star. Aldebaran has a distinct reddish-orange hue and would have been visible low to the horizon to the WSW at that time.

Skyshows of Vermont

Rising at 9:30 is the eye of Taurus the Bull, ruddy Aldebaran. One of the coolest of the bright stars, its red color tells us it's smoldering at only about four thousand degrees, two thousand degrees cooler than the Sun.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
musselwhite, I put your location and date and time into Starry Night program and faced the SouthWest. Here is a screen capture of it and I am guessing it is the planet Mars in the upper right hand corner.

img87.imageshack.us...

It could also be the orange star Beetleguise, which is on the right shoulder of Orion. Just so you know, stars can look very strange when near the horizon. Atmospheric turbulence will cause them to change color and shape, just like the light distortion you see on a highway on a hot day. I have seen stars look like disco balls when the conditions are right. Without knowing this, many people mistake them for UFO's.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yes, it should be there now, I got interrupted. I had to edit my edit!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I saw another poster describe a very similar personal observation in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Here's a couple more Georgia sightings.

National UFO Reporting Center

National UFO Reporting Center

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Here are your choices as they were all in that area at the time..Mars, Betelgeuse, Aldebaran and Sirius (when it is low in the horizon it will twinkle blue and red)

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Rumrunner]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
reply to post by gwhint

sorry for the delay in responding. i've been out of sorts for the past few days. i really do not have a favorite cluster of stars. i'm just interested in the star(s) that seem to draw my attention especially those located in the State of Georgia.

what a stupid comment...."especially those located in the State of Georgia" ha! ha! ha!

chalk one up for Granny.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

i saw that video of sighting in Suwanee Georgia.

i understand about moving the thread. my objective is to connect some dots between what i've experienced in my thread www.abovetopsecret.com...'
and www.abovetopsecret.com...'

as well as other threads that touch on the subject matters. i want to fit pieces of a puzzle together to see a picture as i'm sure others attempt.

does this make since to you or am i far reaching? check it out.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

i read the link. i did see a dimmed star near the one in question at least i noticed it one evening. i did look at the star this am and i wondered what happened to the dimmed star. it's wasn't there this am.

anyway, it sounds like aldebaran especially w/the companion star only the compansion star, as i said was not there this am.

this is such a learning experience and i appreciate all the contributions to this thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join