It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War with China over Oil and the following?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Ok I have seen a bunch of books coming out saying China wants to have a war based on the following:

* The unholy alliance between Communist China and radical Islam—and a possible war over Middle Eastern oil
* How China is infiltrating Latin America—including oil-rich Venezuela—to create an anti-American axis
* How a Chinese attack on Taiwan could spark the biggest war in the Pacific since World War II
* The vulnerability of Japan and the United States to Chinese cyber-warfare
* The likelihood of a second Korean War . . . only this time, the madmen in North Korea have nuclear weapons

Does anyone else think this will happen?

Most of the info I found about the books, of which there are over twenty, I found on the web. They are all newer books and say it is going to happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by theutahbigfoothunter

I am not sure about any unholy alliance with China and Radical Islam. I am not even sure what that would mean really. I guess they are involved with Iran, but I think that all comes back to oil.

I don't think there will be a 2nd Korean War. If there was going to be one, it most likely would have happened back when they were flaunting their nukes and trying to provoke the US. Now they are pretty quiet and if the US didn't attack them back then, I don't see them doing anything that would deserve enough attention to go to war with them.

China is modernizing very rapidly. In order to sustain their economic and military growth, they will need HUGE amounts of oil. It makes sense that they are trying to improve their relations with Venezuela as well as Iran and Russia to ensure that they maintain a steady supply into the future.

It also makes sense that the US views them as a threat. The US also knows that they will need vast amounts of oil to sustain their growth. So, it doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch to assume that the US would like to control as much of that oil as possible, therefore controlling China's growth, or lack thereof.

The US has stated that it would defend Taiwan if China was to attack it, so that would be a bad situation for a lot of people if it were to happen.

Most of it seems possible, but I would think that diplomacy will hopefully keep it from becoming a reality.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I understand these aren't you ideas but...

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
* The unholy alliance between Communist China and radical Islam—and a possible war over Middle Eastern oil

What do you mean by this? Communist China is aethist. There are several types of religion inside China mostly Buddists and Confucianists theere are around 20 million Islamics and 14 million Christians so the difference between the "unholy" religion and the "right" religion is small. What ties do they have? Do they enjoy their oil like America and their alliance with Saudi Arabia? Think a little more I am 15 and understand these things.

* How China is infiltrating Latin America—including oil-rich Venezuela—to create an anti-American axis

Again it brings up oil-rich Venezuela. Anyway the majority of the world is anti-american not personaly but either against the government or against the education system which is making an ignorant country. And how are infiltrating Latin-America?

* How a Chinese attack on Taiwan could spark the biggest war in the Pacific since World War II

Mabye.....

* The vulnerability of Japan and the United States to Chinese cyber-warfare

Do you mean America will attack another superpower because they are at RISK of being hacked? Every country poses that risk.

* The likelihood of a second Korean War . . . only this time, the madmen in North Korea have nuclear weapons

Ohhh they can't have nuclear weapons but America can because they are responsible. After all they've only started 2 going on 3 wars in the past 7 years.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Matt Kilby]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by theutahbigfoothunter

It also makes sense that the US views them as a threat. The US also knows that they will need vast amounts of oil to sustain their growth. So, it doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch to assume that the US would like to control as much of that oil as possible, therefore controlling China's growth, or lack thereof.

Japan in its time as a would-be world conqueror went to war to secure its oil and natural resource sources across Asia... China is no different.

China will doubtless at some point soon contribute to the US credit woes since they own a ton of the scrip then start diplomacy to get the new administration to look the other way as they begin assimilating Asia by hook or crook.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
China Attack on Taiwan

This is China's plan to attack the US over Taiwan....pretty interesting read!

I think the saving grace between the two countries is the trade relations. They depend on us and we depend on them for healthy economies.

In essence, China attacking Taiwan would be winning a battle and losing a war.

Hope this helps!

join