It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Surprise in the Col de Vence area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

My friend Thierry who is an astrophotographer & pro-photographer took this picture today during the sunset in the Col de Vence area in the French Riviera. He had a "rendez-vous" with one of the top French amateur ufologist and he took a couple of shots with his digital camera. He saw nothing during the shoots, no sounds neither and he just sent me 2 photos. Let's concentrate on this one first.

date : 06/01/08
local time (France) sunset
On Google Earth : (just enter as written)
43°45'44.31"N 7° 4'24.36"E

no zoom
focal : 2.8
1/500
www.steves-digicams.com...

i263.photobucket.com...

For those who did not know it, this area is the hottest spot for UFO sightings
in France. I am not saying this photograph represents one. Your opinion matters to me, that's all. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Peace,
Europa733 aka Buck aka Undebunkable

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

looks like a chinese lantern to me.....
alot of sightings are because of these i think

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - Chirstmas eve with CWY in China

can you post the other pic ?

[edit on 6-1-2008 by easynow]

[edit on 6-1-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That's interesting that your friend didn't see that object up there at the time when he took the photograph.

Just wondering but is this the first time that's ever happened to him?

There are an enormous number of UFO photographs taken throughout the modern era taken by those who claim that they were not seen at the time when they were taking the picture. So in this regard, this in not unusual.

But from what I've observed, the ones who capture such UFOs like this on film, usually have a history to getting such photo's like this and I was just wondering if your friend is one of them.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

And the winner is EASYNOW

My friend just pulled a trick on me and he just told me thru msn messenger that the Ufologist was filming this balloon to explain in his upcoming documentary how to make fakes.

I kind of got mad at him because I feel stupid now and I posted the photos in three different forum, but at the same time it is good for our knowledge.

But anyway, well done, I would have had a harder time guessing because he told me that he did not see it and this balloons are not very common in my country, at least not that I know of...

s263.photobucket.com...

Peace,
Europa733

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
May I add my 2 cent's worth as our american cousins would say.
I have flagged and given you a star for this picture.
This is a great clear pic,but as always until further inspection is done by the peeps on the site with the knowhow to further inspect it it will remain a true ufo.

I will just say that the shape dosen't resemble anything that I recall from any previous photographs I have seen.

DOH,please disregard all the above post.
Just read the post about the balloon!!

[edit on 6-1-2008 by karnos]

[edit on 6-1-2008 by karnos]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

well thanks for the recognition !

i was watching a video of some chinese lanterns the other day and was noticing how they looked from underneath as they rose into the air. so i immediately thought about that when i saw the bottom of your ufo pic..

really a bummer your friend didnt tell you abou it beforehand..

well i really think alot of ufo "s lately are these lanterns
well anyways goodluck next time

join