It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking for Yourself is Now a Crime--must read for ATS'ers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Thinking for Yourself is Now a Crime--must read for ATS'ers

www.blacklistednews.com

Harman's bill is called the "Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act. "When HR 1955 becomes law, it will create a commission tasked with identifying extremist people, groups, and ideas. The commission will hold hearings around the country, taking testimony and compiling a list of dangerous people and beliefs. The bill will, in short, create massive terrorism in the United States. But the perpetrators of terrorism will not be Muslim terrorists; they will be government agents and fellow citizens.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.counterpunch.org

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This must be read by all of us. Should we be careful of what we are saying? I didn't know what forum to post this in but as I am into Alt.News I hoped most would read it here. What should we do about this or should it not be worried about? Has anyone heard this before?

I added the must read for ATS'ers to get attention out there. hope that is OK. Mods please check.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
To take away someones right to think is to take away someones humanity, i hope for everyones sake this isnt true, with everything goin so politcally correct these days this world is spinning out of control, what ever happend to freedom of speech? an now their taking away our freedom to think? very soon we will become robots slaves to our own government, things are going wrong...very wrong, if this is true i only hope that humanity will rise above and save itself before its to late.

Keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Guess I shall have to be jailed. hEh. I pity the fool that tries to though. I certainly won't make it out alive but nor will a few of those others if I have anything to say about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSkepticSway

So many give away their humanity? Cause a great many don't want to think for themselves. It's too ummm not safe. No one to blame but yourself etc and so forth.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Unfortunately I see this including freedom of speech. A lot of what we write, even on here, is what we are thinking. At least that is what I hope. Things that we talk about here gives them all the reason in the world to at least look into certain individuals and check them out. This is a very very scary thought. No pun intended. If this happens and you start seeing individuals being rounded up as homegrown terrorists, you know we are in for a rude awakening right here in the US. Very NWO like.

I am right with you Wroath when it comes to not giving up. I will always speak my thoughts. I will not go down without a fight. I had the very discussion with my wife today. If SHTF, I told her that I would not let us be separated or taken away from each other, whatever means necessary.

[edit on 1/5/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Thinking for yourself is your god given right, so yes i agree it would be our fault and so on and so forth. but as im sure u would agree you nor i and anybody else for that matter would enjoy telling us what we can and cant think, say or do i know anyone who would try that one on me would recieve a swift kick in the nuts, we have all seen an read stories about phone lines being tapped and the government an their cronies monotoring what we say or do on the net, who's to say the home grown terrorism hasnt already started? id like to refer to the film V for Vendetta i think it shows a good example of what may happen.

keeping the faith

TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What is this bill intended to accomplish? Is this for the American people, or for some other purpose which has not been needed until this point in history?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OptionToChoose

To lock us down. Making questioning anything they tell you a offense.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I agree, if our so called governments believe in the fact that everybody is free as in regards to freedom of speech and freedom to think, i think it is heading for an NWO if so im gunna meet up with you guys on this forum an were gunna kick some major butt!
im a father to be and i dont want my son/daughter brought up in a world were rational thought and freedom of speech are controlled.

keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Well welcome to the club o fatherhood. Its a trip.
I don't know if I believe in a "Illuminati" tin foil hat conspiracy. But I do think there is jockeying and pushing for more control of us.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OptionToChoose

Who will be on the "extremist beliefs" list? The answer is: civil libertarians, critics of Israel, 9/11 skeptics, critics of the administration's wars and foreign policies, critics of the administration's use of kidnapping, rendition, torture and violation of the Geneva Conventions, and critics of the administration's spying on Americans. Anyone in the way of a powerful interest group--such as environmentalists opposing politically connected developers--is also a candidate for the list.

According to the article, it is including anyone in the US. If that is the case, I am in a heap. I have a bunch of threads against domestic spying.
Hopefully i am not put in a cage like in Children of Men.
External content is from original article.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i to am unsure about a illuminati or anythin remotley to do with that, but with the world going as it is, i cant see somethin like that being far off a possibility, i only hope that our children dont see it in their lifetime.

keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think you guys just like chuming the waters looking for a bite and ATS is sure full of hungry little fishies...

This is a Bipartisan bill with an almost 98% yea by the house on it.

Read before you have a aneurysm

Sounds like it is trying to limit what DHS wants to do outside of the constitution...

I'm not sure where the OP got his info or misinfo from... Wow talk about spin...

Prohibits the Department of Homeland Security's efforts to prevent ideologically-based violence and homegrown terrorism from violating the constitutional and civil rights, and civil liberties, of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents.

4/19/2007--Introduced.
Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 - Amends the Homeland Security Act of 2002 to add provisions concerning the prevention of homegrown terrorism (terrorism by individuals born, raised, or based and operating primarily in the United States).
Directs the Secretary of Homeland Security to: (1) establish a grant program to prevent radicalization (use of an extremist belief system for facilitating ideologically-based violence) and homegrown terrorism in the United States; (2) establish or designate a university-based Center of Excellence for the Study of Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism in the United States; and (3) conduct a survey of methodologies implemented by foreign nations to prevent radicalization and homegrown terrorism.
Prohibits the Department of Homeland Security's efforts to prevent ideologically-based violence and homegrown terrorism from violating the constitutional and civil rights, and civil liberties, of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents.
THOMAS Home | Contact | Accessibility | Legal | FirstGov

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wonder if the government will use this new machine in their search for homegrown "terrorists".

machine that reads your thoughts

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

sorry, link I included was same one as yours.

The article is just giving a warning as to if this bill becomes law. And if you think about it, why wouldn't it come to pass. The way all of these things are popping up for domestic spying. This fits right in wouldn't you say? It may not go through as is, but after some reworking in the wording, it will slip right in like most other legislation.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
make no mistake this legislation will be passed, i fully belive that but as i said earlier who's to say this hasnt already started?

keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Thanks to the Soviets and Stalin who created ``political correctness`` for their own fascist purpose. Since at least 30 years it's used by ``nanny state`` in UK, Europe and the US mostly. But I think that calling it Nanny State is changing the name of what it is... police state, a society run by control freaks where any behavior against the elite's will.

You gotta love soviet tactics. The worse is that they are using the good will of the average people, that's the ``beauty of it``. You want to save the earth? Let's kill a bunch of people to save mother gaia! Accidents happen in skiing? Give fines to those who go too fast while skiing.. and the worse of it all is the bunch ``if you have nothing to hide...`` I just can't stand those.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Sorry man, i jus didnt get what that post meant
something to do with skiing fines for speeding? lol
sorry dude my bad

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
The article is just giving a warning as to if this bill becomes law.

That is not how your post reads.

And that really has nothing to do with what is written in the bill. Now if you wanted to debate on whether the bill could be corrupted that is a totally different thing altogether.

It seems your source is just jumping on the title of it without really reading what it is about. for I read...

Establish a grant program to prevent radicalization...

Establish or designate a university-based Center of Excellence for the Study...

Conduct a survey of methodologies implemented by foreign nations...

Prohibits the Department of Homeland Security's efforts...

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join