It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden denies 911 instigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This isnt new, but its the first time ive stumbled across the transcript of his October 16th interview where he denies involvement with 911.
Figured some would be interested.

www.public-action.com...
www.iraq-war.ru...

October 16, 2001-- An interview with Osama bin Laden was published in a Karachi-based Pakistani daily newspaper, Ummat, on September 28, 2001. In this interview, bin Laden says of the September 11 attacks in the US:
"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle.

"It is the United States, which is perpetrating every maltreatment on women, children and common people . . . " Everyone familiar with the content of the Waco Holocaust Electronic Museum

www.Public-action.com...

knows bin Laden is telling the truth.

News of this Ummat interview was suppressed in the US. Between the time of its publication and October 7, the US apparently spent its time creating a fake "bin Laden" interview, using either a stand-in or morphing. Or was the fraud produced by the Brits, as a favor to the US? No, the Taliban Home Video was a ham-fisted effort. The Brits usually have more subtlety.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

This is a major point of contention for me.

I have read people say this denial is BS due to "other" things Bin Laden has done, which contradict the harming of innocent women and children thing. But, I do not recall ever in the history of "terrorism" (and I do mean pre 9/11) where an instigator actually denied responsibility for an attack!

It's the prize at the end, the final payoff. It's free advertising and it's the deliverance of a message. There is no reason for a terrorist attack unless there is recognition and progression afterwards - neither gained by lying!

CNN reports on September 17 2001 that he wasn't behind the attacks. How hard is it to wash these minor stories away with bigger, less supported stories using words like war, fear, terror, etc. Not hard in my books.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by adjay

Have to agree with you adjay. Whether he planned it or not, I also have never heard of such a denial in the history of terrorism.

2PacSade-

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

"I am certain of what I say, because I was responsible for entrusting the 19 brothers -- Allah have mercy upon them -- with those raids, and I did not assign brother Zacarias to be with them on that mission," the taped statement says.

"And his confession that he was assigned to participate in those raids is a false confession, which no intelligent person doubts is a result of the pressure put upon him for the past four and a half years."

- Osama Bin Laden speaking about Zacarias Moussaoui

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If he's a true terrorist, then he would have admitted involvement. If he really did say this then I believe he is telling the truth.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I too always thought why would he deny it? I mean if anything he would have claimed it to show his minions how 'powerful' he was and what he was capable of.

Then the "new" video of a very suspect looking 'Bin Laden' admitting to it not to the public but a few followers of his.

Whoever pulled off this crime (so far) must really undermine the society and think we are all sheeple. But we know, and we are teaching others of the lies been spread, and the way it has been spun. Slowly that wheel is turning, oneday it will be obvious to all.

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Ok READ THIS

If everyone here says they believe Osama for denying it then why dont you believe his admittance of it, which he has done time and time again.
and has been corrob by other al-Q members.

Remember the first WTC bombing by Ramsi Yousef...He stated he took comfort in knowing that despite his failure, WTC Towers would fall. We fail to see his connections and that this was tried before...do we just ignore that?

Now why would any terrorist deny such things, some of you must not be very old here. How many people have heard of Abu-nidal or Black September or Fatah or IRA all of these groups + dozens more have used terrorism and denied their involvement......why?

Well if I was UBL and I knew people were already questioning if America was involved (also knowing I am already getting World wide publicity) I would deny it too.
1. It makes the world think Al-Q is a scape goat a poor martyr

2. It strengthens conspiracy and undermines the government. Which is genius....Instead of saying "Look your government cannot protect you from us" it yells look your government is using institutional terrorism against it own people....furthering his cause of government mistrust. One step closer to destroying THE Great Satan, and attempting to receive sympathy for his organization...A self admitted group that kills men women and children...even their own kind to further a cause. Not even a cause of Islam but an attempt to move into a country weather it be Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and establish himself as Caliphate (pope) over the muslim world so he can wage war against those that oppose him.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
REPLY TO ALL THAT READ THIS "I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME....you folks dont get out much do you?

Bin Laden says the attacks on the World Trade Center did more damage than expected. "...we calculated in advance the number of casualties from the enemy, who would be killed based on the position of the tower," he says, according to the transcript. "We calculated that the floors that would be hit would be three or four floors. I was the most optimistic of them all. (...Inaudible...) due to my experience in this field, I was thinking that the fire from the gas in the plane would melt the iron structure of the building and collapse the area where the plane hit and all the floors above it only. This is all that we had hoped for."

[edit on 1-1-2008 by birchtree]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think that bin-Laden and al-Qaeda were involved in 9/11, but I think the effect of their attack was magnified with the help of other unknown conspirators. Al-Qaeda was duped into launching an attack. Read "they did not think the buildings would collapse".

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by birchtree

Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle.

Usama must have gotten himself a new public relations agent

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That was not in my quote...that is what i was responding too. The guy is a mass murderer of women and children...you dont have to look at 911 to see it, just look at everything else AL-Q has done....He is a murderer and he is responsible for 911.....by his own admittance many times over.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
This isnt new, but its the first time ive stumbled across the transcript of his October 16th interview where he denies involvement with 911.
Figured some would be interested.

Its a very interesting story.
But the story behind the story is more interesting.

Hamid Mir wrote the story.
I call it a story instead of an "interview" because Hamid Mir did not have an interview with OBL.

Thats right. The "interview" didn't take place.
What did happen is that a messenger delivered a peice of paper to Hamid, and said it was from OBL. Thats it.

Hamid printed the supposed contents of the paper, and called it an interview. CNN and BBC had been trying to get a real interview, but since they were unable too, they picked up Hamid's story and provided select quotes from it.

Next thing you know, here we are on ATS years later talking about an interview like there was one, and to this day few people realize this was never an interview.

Pretty interesting background, eh?

Oh, BTW, the below excerpt is from an actual interview, with Hamid Mir.

Hamid Mir — the last journalist to interview Osama bin Laden

About three hours after the attack on September 11 that same messenger visited my office. At the time I was very scared. I asked him what was going on, and he gave me a document in Arabic from Osama. It said he supported the attack but had no hand in it.

Next day I published that in the paper.

Pretty funny.

Hamid was able to built an entire career off of that "interview". Prior to that, he had been fired from reporting jobs several times.

Later, he published another "interview" with OBL. This time it was supposed to be a face to face interview. Trouble is, there was no video or audio of it. It was a "he said this" type of interview. The only cooraborative evidence he met with OBL on this one was a single image of him and OBL on the same bed. (get your mind out of the gutter) We just have to take his word about what was said in this second interview. (He said OBL had suitcase nukes. Yup, thats where that story got started.)

For several years he had the image and interviews on his website, but for some unknown reason he took them down.

Pretty smart cookie. Bet he plays a good hand of snooker, eh?

[edit on 1/1/08 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by birchtree
That was not in my quote...that is what i was responding too. The guy is a mass murderer of women and children...you dont have to look at 911 to see it, just look at everything else AL-Q has done....He is a murderer and he is responsible for 911.....by his own admittance many times over.

Yup, Usama dit it and admited it several times in videos.

He even explained in detail how it was done.

In my neck of the woods lots of muslims still celebrates 9/11 and

Usama Bin Laden.

It's a fact that Al Qaida camps in Afganistan and pakistan suddenly disappeared few days before 9/11.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Reading this thread I think of suicide bombers. I assume (we all know the problem with that) that innocent women and children are harmed in these events. Those who perpetrate such crimes must have some kind of rationalization that allows them to suspend Islamic teaching about harming the innocent. For that reason I don't fully trust Osama's denial. Any Islamic scholars in the house?

top topics

join