It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here i am, and need your help, badly baby.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I've been into Feng shui, for a while now and have even experienced what's called a poison arrow. My problem at the moment is, i've made a big change to my surrounding, that seems to be bringing me huge bad luck all over, also some small probs. IT really feels like i've done something bad....
We've always had a ghosti something in our house, and this may be something to do with our probs too. Hoping to bounce this around with one of the many clever ones at ATS, Thanks a heap nuts.

Sorry if this is in wrong place. I'm still a novice.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
At the risk of pissing you off, feng shui is baloney. It's coincidence that you're experiencing "bad luck" when you had whatever this poison arrow is.

Back in the day when I was superstitious and impressionable, I had an emperor scorpion as a pet. It ate live crickets. About the time I got the scorpion, I had a run of really bad things happen to me, and i was convinced it had to do with the fact that it's bad luck to kill a cricket in the house. When the scorpion died, my "bad luck" seemed to stop, so my superstition was reinforced.

But I've had plenty of bad things happen without feeding crickets to a scorpion since, so I know, especially now that I have learned critical thinking and logical reasoning that it was all coincidence. As is yours.

I'm sorry, but arranging your furniture in a particular way is not going to have an effect on events in your life. It's Chinese superstition, just like the one that suggests that powdered rhino horn is an aphrodisiac. Too bad the West keeps glomming on to these backwards belief systems as fads.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
You know, I read this a minute ago (before you posted MM) and I was thinking of a tactful answer.

But never mind, after you MM I don't think I'll bother.

It's utter garbage, about as much use to you as a chocolate fireguard.

MonKey

P.S. My wife is Chinese and this is the first thing we've agreed on all day!!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I also don't think that placement of furniture is the cause of your problem.

But poisoned arrows might not be so good.

Most of the time, I have found that the cause of my bad luck is the result of my stinkin thinkin. Attitude adjustments usually work for me. And when that fails I usually just take a nice long vacation to Mexico.

Good Luck nuts!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

I've just consulted a website dedicated to Feng Shui in an attempt to grasp some of the basics.
Rarely have I read such a mush of cultural superstition peppered with total nonsense.
My advice is get this crap out of your mind and life. It serves no useful purpose whatsoever.
O.K! You briefly mention a ghost fleetingly in your post.
Would you like to expand on this claim to any degree or is the rearranged furniture a greater priority?
I sense a 'panic' in your post to get answers urgently. Am I correct in this assumption?
To my interpretation you need re-establish calm and post again with a little more clarity of what is rally going on in the home or your mind.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Superstition"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I agree with whaa - change your thoughts to more positive ones, concentrate on the good things that are happening and that you wish to happen and the negativity ("bad things happening") should get less over time. Also, most things work in cycles so you may find that you go through a period of lots of bad things happening and then a period where everything is hunky dory only to return to the period of bad things, etc, etc. Just my 2c!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
To all who have responded, i genuinely appreciate the feed back and realize to many that this may seem i like i'm being a tad superstitious.

Our house flooded, It stuffed our carpet and a lot of furniture umong other things like some photos, shoes ect.... we had to move out for over two weeks, and the after effects is still going. I had a health issue (i'm gonna be fine). my son chipped a chuck out of his tooth, one of our computer screens blew up, the garbage truck drove over our bin and now we cant wheel it anywhere,(we live up a steep driveway). and many other silly little things.
These are all things we will/can deal with, but it all happened in less than a week, and started when we completed a stucture change to side of our house.
So it may be that im just being superstitcious but it feels kind of like a spiralling effect even though i'm trying not to think this way and be positive, like i was three weeks ago. Anyhow things could be worse, and i know this to be true from past episodes. Thanks all nuts.

new topics

top topics

join