It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: U.S. Iran Report May Cause War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com

JERUSALEM — Israel's public security minister warned Saturday that a U.S. intelligence report that said Iran is no longer developing nuclear arms could lead to a regional war that would threaten the Jewish state.

In his remarks — Israel's harshest criticism yet of the U.S. report — Avi Dichter said the assessment also cast doubt on American intelligence in general, including information about Palestinian security forces' crackdown on militant groups.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Israel will work to change the American intelligence agencies' view of Iran, said Dichter, a former chief of Israel's Shin Bet secret service agency.

"A misconception by the world's leading superpower is not just an internal American occurrence," Dichter said.

Any future faulty U.S. intelligence on the actions of Palestinian security forces could damage peace efforts, Dichter said.

"Those same (intelligence) arms in the U.S. are apt to make a mistake and declare that the Palestinians have fulfilled their commitments, which would carry with it very serious consequences from Israel's vantage point," Dichter said.

So is Israel openly attempting to influence American Foreign Policy? They are worried that we'll take the pressure off Iran and their enemies will see that as a loss of US support. More troubling, is their claim that we'll 'mistakenly' find that Palestine is making an effort towards peace with Israel. :shk:

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Interesting that the Israelis did not cast doubt on the intelligence leading to the Iraq war,I mean if they are so concerned with the truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Israel, since its inception as a sovereign nation has attempted, and succeeded at influencing US policy with regard to Israel and the entire region...

Its a simple thing, really....And to see this clearly requires the bare basics of homework...So to those who bleat "proof" or "link"...

Do your own work, its true and you have no way of denying it...

The fact the Israelis have thumbed their noses should be of utmost concern to the US, given the massive amounts of military and economic (never quite got that bit, quit sponging and start your own industries...) aid the US pumps into Israel year after year...

Instead of being a shining beacon and a great example as to how one should run a state in testy surroundings...

Israel has failed MISERABLY and has only succeeded in alienating every single nation around them over the last 60 yrs...

What a great success as a nation...Bravo *golf claps*

If Israel DARES go after any other nation in that region without provocation, Israel and particularly the US might be in for a rather nasty surprise...

Which means, if this news report is accurate...Certain geniuses in Tel Aviv need to pull their heads in, for the sake of their own people...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Israel will work to change the American intelligence agencies' view of Iran, said Dichter, a former chief of Israel's Shin Bet secret service agency.

That should not be too hard, just get lobbyists to throw around a few bucks and congress will be more then happy to get more US soldiers killed.
It is funny seeing hypocrites playing the victim card. Israel is allowed to have illegal nuclear weapons without the worlds consent...yet when Iran tries to build a nuclear reactor they must be making nukes, and they must be destroyed!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
If Israel DARES go after any other nation in that region without provocation, Israel and particularly the US might be in for a rather nasty surprise...

Amazingly, they suffered virtually no consequences for the attacks on Lebanon and Syria, and I think that will be their downfall in the end. They may very well go after Iran's nuclear installations on their own and think they will only have to deal with Iran's retaliation. That could be a very big mistake.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If Israel starts a war with Iran,or gets the US into one-We should all be very concerned.
For if Israel starts to get properly hammered in a war,they may unleash "the Samson option."

"The Samson Option is a term used to describe Israel’s alleged deterrence strategy of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a “last resort” against nations whose military attacks threaten its existence, and possibly against other targets as well."

en.wikipedia.org...

Now that is scary- "and possibly against other targets as well..."
I wonder how that would work?
That sounds pretty crazy...If anyone else had plans like that the US would call them terrorists IMO..

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Why would they go in and attack Iran on their own? Israel is too smart for that.
Why do you think they want the US to help them out. If the US were to attack Iran, Israel can just sit back and if the US were to get attacked by nations such as Russia and China guess where Israel will be? Yup on vacation.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Yes, there's no doubt that's what's behind them complaining about our "faulty" intelligence. They must feel like someone neutered their attack dog.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So, Israel has openly admitted that any truth that could show there is little to worry about, will lead to war.

Who's going to start that war? Well it's certainly not the people we've proven we don't have to worry about, hence, it's Israel.

I cannot believe Israel is openly calling for the truth to be silenced and replaced with propaganda to justify a war.

Are there really people in the US that still support Israel?

The religious call them blessed. lol. If I were religious, I'd be keen on calling them persuasive devils. But I'm not religious, so I'll just call them the war hungry ignorant.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is a little bit of proof of just how disconnected the Israeli leadership is from reality.

With the increasing marginalization of the neocons even within the Bush administration, they can't wrap their heads around the fact that the US is not kowtowing to their every whim anymore.

There must be a bit of panic there right now...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

yep, the intelligensia in Israel and all these dual citizenship neocons in the administration are unabashedly presenting the situation
as a 'Damned if you Do + Damned if you Don't" impasse.

the die hard zealots are determined to generally follow the biblical
Armegeddon scenario... and Iran/Persia is a most important element!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
russia has a major stake in iran. they were building the nuclear reactor and im assuming in return for oil or something. from what i understand the russians have a carrier fleet in the Mediterranean. israel cant fight russia. and right now i highly doubt america could SUCCESSFULLY fight russia.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster

In an all out WAR, America could definitely give Russia more than a "go" at it.

However, in a BS "war for profit" such as the fiasco in Iraq, Russia would wipe the floor with us, several times over.

Wars for profit are the wars of the elite.

As long as the elite remain in power, we are ALL in danger.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The information coming from bilderberg insiders is that they said a big NO to Bush about Iran. Now, if Bush just believe he can go alone in it and betray his masters he might do it, but I doubt it, he lacks the supports and the leadership skills to achieve the nwo by himself... but who knows, power may have really gotten him insane.

Now if Israel will go alone... they might, but soon because the US will sink end-08-09 so they won't be able to help them after that, the US dollar will be worth less than 30 cents on the dollar that it is right now. So another war... no, they won't be able to ask for more money and the industrial base in the US has been wiped out.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I dunno, there's still something about this report that plays like a chess game in my mind.

...it all seems played out...

like that episode of everybody loves raymond - where they 'act ' out a conversation to trick deborah into letting them play golf.

I can see the US and Israel behind closed doors patting each other on the back saying '' well played ol chap, you stuck to the script superbly ''

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
from what i understand the russians have a carrier fleet in the Mediterranean.

That carrier is no threat to Israel. It is a hulking piece of crap, a floating target. It is nothing more than a pawn, completely expendable.

The only thing that carrier can do is ensure that Russia's presence be known, because the US knows that if we get into a fight with that carrier we go to war Russia, and eventually get nuked.

No, that carrier was built with the US in mind and the US only.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I dunno, there's still something about this report that plays like a chess game in my mind.

...it all seems played out...

like that episode of everybody loves raymond - where they 'act ' out a conversation to trick deborah into letting them play golf.

I can see the US and Israel behind closed doors patting each other on the back saying '' well played ol chap, you stuck to the script superbly ''

Nice post, starred. My feelings exactly.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Seems to me there are two sides to the Iran -- Nuclear development thing. One they have stopped progression of Uranium enrichment, and two, in time they can start up the apparently abandoned process with little to no notice later, making their possible real motives unseen later.

Blitzer had the Congressional boys on today, and accordingly, it seemed pretty-clear to me the threat today is half as real today as it will be tomorrow through this supposed admission Iran's not seeked a nuclear weapon angle since 2004.

Israel, I feel, has validity in being concerned about the half report. Amazing how Palestine's survival actually may hinge on Israels concern over Iran's real intent, ie hide it all now, build it and use it later and the hell with Israeli lives (and Palestinians too).

Dallas

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
To start a War with Iran is 1 person in a US uniform to fire a single shot.
If Israel starts it then the US will join the party and well you know the rest.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Nailer]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join