It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battleground God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This link is to a philosophical test of religious rationale...if you take it, and feel comfortable doing so, post your results on here.
www.philosophers.co.uk...
I got 1 direct hit and bit 2 bullets because my beliefs would be considered strange or unaccepted by most people. It provides some great food for thought...

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. You would have bitten bullets had you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, you avoided both these fates - and in doing so qualify for our highest award. A fine achievement!

Heres mine I know I wass suprised but I asways try to keep an open mind about this kinda stuff

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Was doing good up until about question 12...results

You took 3 direct hits and you have bitten 2 bullets.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I got an honorable discharge! Some of those questions were damn hard. Interesting though, good find.

I closed the window before I got a chance to copy the results.

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The fact that you progressed through this activity being hit only once and biting no bullets suggests that your beliefs about God are well thought out and almost entirely internally consistent.

The direct hit you suffered occurred because one set of your answers implied a logical contradiction. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analysis of your direct hit. You would have bitten bullets had you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, this did not occur which means that despite the direct hit you qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

This test can bite my butt, it's illogical in itself and irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You took 1 direct hit and you have bitten zero bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.12 bullets. 184101 people have so far undertaken this activity.

Click the link below for further analysis of your performance and to see if you've won an award.

You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity being hit only once and biting no bullets suggests that your beliefs about God are well thought out and almost entirely internally consistent.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

Sounds like the bible would flunk out of this test.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
www.philosophersmag.com...

This is my test result.

You have reached the end!

Congratulations! You have made it to the end of this activity.

You took zero direct hits and you bit 1 bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.12 bullet. 184109 people have so far undertaken this activity.

Click the link below for further analysis of your performance and to see if you've won an award.

Not bad for a deist.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!
You have been awarded the TPM service medal! This is our third highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity without suffering any direct hits indicates that your beliefs about God are very consistent.

However, you have bitten a number of bullets, which suggests that some of your beliefs will be considered strange, incredible or unpalatable by many people. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analyses of the bitten bullets.

Despite the bullets that you bit, the fact that you did not suffer any hits means that you qualify for our third highest award. Well done!

I remain the Colonel.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here we pop bible caring people. being down with god will get you blasted, Dawg YO YO YO

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You have reached the end!

You took 1 direct hit and you have bitten 1 bullet. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.12 bullets. 184230 people have so far undertaken this activity.

Congratulations!
You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity being hit only once and biting very few bullets suggests that your beliefs about God are well thought out and almost entirely internally consistent.

The direct hit you suffered occurred because one set of your answers implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullets occurred because you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analyses of your direct hit and bitten bullets.

Because you only suffered one direct hit and bit very few bullets, you qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

How did you do compared to other people?

184230 people have completed this activity to date.
You suffered 1 direct hit and bit 1 bullet.
This compares with the average player of this activity to date who takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.12 bullets.
46.06% of the people who have completed this activity, like you, took very little damage and were awarded the TPM Medal of Distinction.
7.27% of the people who have completed this activity emerged unscathed with the TPM Medal of Honour.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The inconsitency in not ruling out the loch ness monster even thought there is a lack of external evidence.

And then saying the rapist was morally false in his statement that GOD told him to do it so its okay. Even though he "believed" through his inner convictions that he was doing the right thing.

WHAT KIND OF BS analysis is that. You cant use GOD as a defence for raping and killing an innocent person. Just because you have "voices" in your head. I would not qualify that as inner conviction on the same level that GOD exists or that the loch ness monster exists even with though there is a "lack" of external evidence.

I would have gotten a 100% (for whatever that is worth) if not for this ridiculous reasoning used for those two questions.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You took zero direct hits and you bit 4 bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.12 bullets. 184234 people have so far undertaken this activity.

Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!
You have been awarded the TPM service medal! This is our third highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity without suffering any direct hits indicates that your beliefs about God are very consistent.

However, you have bitten a number of bullets, which suggests that some of your beliefs will be considered strange, incredible or unpalatable by many people. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analyses of the bitten bullets.

Despite the bullets that you bit, the fact that you did not suffer any hits means that you qualify for our third highest award. Well done!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!

The fact that you progressed through this activity without being hit and biting only one bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullet occurred because you responded in a way that required that you held a view that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, because you bit only one bullet and avoided direct hits completely you still qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

top topics

join