It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reality of God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The subject of God is one for which I have sought a deeper level of truth for some time now. I have studied the greater religions and incorporated science, philosophies, metaphysical principle, and my love of a good conspiracy to a point now that I feel more comfortable with the subject at large. I have always believed in God. I don't know how or why, as I have never had the influence of religion in my life at any time, but the concept has always felt right with me, even as a child.

The better part of my family belongs to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, or The Mormons. A more recently founded religion, they profess to have been endowed with a more complete testament of the life of Christ, one in which he visited two lost tribes of Isreal after they had found their way to the Americas.

I don't bother to dispute their claim, as I have decided for myself that every text that deals with Christianity has, in the past, been manipulated by the hand of Man to some degree, for better or worse. Probably worse. In spite of this, I still do not doubt in any way the existence of God. With reservation, of course.

There are a few beliefs contained in the Mormon doctrine which matched closely my own before I had begun to study this particular faith.

One of which is this: Mormons believe that the Seat of God is a physical place (a planet called Kolob) that exists on this physical plane and in this dimension. By extention of logic, I realized that this was similar to one of my own theories. If the heavenly spirit is to return to the place from which it came, and that place is identified not as some spiritual Shambala but as a planet in this universe, then couldn't we accurately define the spirit as an extraterrestrial being? A being residing on this planet, that had come from another?

This theory only led me to ask why, as all inherently do.
If this particular life form is merely some highly evolved, hyper-intelligent, sentient form of energy called "spirit", what could be it's reason for wanting to inhabit these hulking, stinky forms of flesh we call human beings? And could it be, in reality, that we WERE created, or at least modified and improved from an already existing form of life that inhabited this planet? Possibly apes?

Maybe the Earth is a vacation resort for these creatures, being that their original form does not allow for tactile stimulus and response. Maybe they would simply enjoy the challenges of life that this unique environment presents. Maybe they see the pleasures and hardships encountered here experientially stimulating, adding to the overall understanding of the universe in which they live. Maybe it's all about cookies and orgasms. Who knows?

But in the context of the religions that we currently have available to us, all sharing similar concepts of heaven and hell, could this earth be a proving ground of sorts? What of the strict standards that are placed upon us by the Gods that rule our faith? (Which are hardly strict at all, simple really, being firmly rooted in common sense. Any moderately to well adjusted human could have devised the commandments based upon conseqenses endured by not living life to them to some degree.) Could this earth be a spiritual purification system, by which "good" is separated systematically from "bad"? Where the wicked is weeded out? Where only the strong survive and the weak traits are selectively removed? Sound familiar?

What say YOU?

DeltaChaos

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Maybe the Earth is a vacation resort for these creatures, being that their original form does not allow for tactile stimulus and response. Maybe they would simply enjoy the challenges of life that this unique environment presents. Maybe they see the pleasures and hardships encountered here experientially stimulating, adding to the overall understanding of the universe in which they live. Maybe it's all about cookies and orgasms. Who knows?

This has crossed my mind too in some way. I believe that the Earth is the breeding ground for the children of God. The ones who succeed will take on angelity and become like the gods, while the losers will have to return to the creation of the universe and start all over in a new form. I believe that all the souls will be saved, but some forms of these souls will need to start over. The gods are all about challenges. Man got the choice between challenging God with Life or Knowledge. Life would have been quite easy, while Knowledge is rather tough since God is all knowing. But the reason he is allknowing is that we exist, that we can work for him to proove this knowledge. And luckily for us God is Love, so we infact do have a chance of making it without dying, but it will be all up to God, we will need to hope for his Love.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

If this particular life form is merely some highly evolved, hyper-intelligent, sentient form of energy called "spirit",

Nice introduction. Good to have you

I believe that these Spirits prevade in a higher realm. My findings also sway me to believe that consciousness itself resides in another even higher Dimension.

You need to meet Aztec!

Deep

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
very touching, infact i have been looking for a perfect interpretation of how I feel for a long time now. I believe you've finally covered that. I think that even walking on this earth for 5 minutes grants us lifetimes of knowledge. Excellant post nontheless.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Indeed, welcome aboard! Sorry I forgot to welcome you in my first one, but now it's done. Welcome, I guess we'll have many fruitful (and fruitless) discussion if you're into mysticism and religion. Keep up the good work, tear the other stuff down

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Welcome here. I also believe earth is a test to see if we are of God and will spend eternity with hi, or of evil
and will spend it without him.

Also Hamilton you are correct, God is love only and not hate. Not one single animal has hate in them, but only humans because we have free will to decide evil or not.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
God is love only and not hate.

I dont agree with this. God is the all prevading Energy, the prime mover, the ultimate consciousness, it has no emotions, just " being ".

Deep

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Welcome here. I also believe earth is a test to see if we are of God and will spend eternity with hi, or of evil
and will spend it without him.

Also Hamilton you are correct, God is love only and not hate. Not one single animal has hate in them, but only humans because we have free will to decide evil or not.

Hehe. Oh yes I'll bloody well tell you there are animals that hate and have personalities just like us. I have a friend who has a castrated black Persian, and he is scary. Bitter as wormwood and unstable as hell, suddenly he just jumps at you if he doesn't like you. Now I normally have a charm like thing with animals esp. cats, but this one? Forget it. Maybe it's because I called him Satan once.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

I dont agree with this. God is the all prevading Energy, the prime mover, the ultimate consciousness, it has no emotions, just " being ".

Deep

What on Earth have you been smoking these days ZeroDeep?
You're faaar out man, but at least we agree, but why I don't know
I'd rather say like Elie Wiesel and probably every caring mother since the beginning of society: The oposite from love isn't hate but indifference.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hamilton, I like you but you cannot be righton this one. Animals cannot (hate), hate meaning hate someone for no reason. That dog barks at you because he smells or sees an insticnt in you called fear, or he thinks
you will harm his master or thinks you are a predator.

example.

I hate the next door neighbor for having a better car then me. Do you honestly think dogs can have this kind of immature hate in them? They act on instinct not evil.

Zero, how can we have emotions yet God does not? How can God who is a lifeless being creat beings with amazing love? that would mean we are more loving than God, that would mean God would havenever cured thousaands of cancer in theis worlds time. thaat would mean God has no feelings towards me or anybody. So why creat a race full of beings
with emotions??

Does that make any sense?

peace.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Hamilton, I like you but you cannot be righton this one. Animals cannot (hate), hate meaning hate someone for no reason.

But do you agree that they can hate someone for a really good reason? Hehe. I say a friend has a cat who hates me. It's just how it is. Looks kind of alien too, is completely black. And elephants who had to see their parents and brothers and sisters be killed right before them and removed to another place, suddenly many years later, in rage kill the same people who killed the elephants back then when they visit the park. That is hate, my friend. And as for hate without reason what is that? Grumpiness? Guess you could call Tom Rosa (the cat from Hell) grumpy aswell.

You don't honestly believe Satan is angry without reason when he hates?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
hate ishate. what is reason?

Reason is a (dislike) you have to cause hate. satan just hates our humanity and that jesus came as human, he hates because he is sick. It don't matter if he has a reason, thats not an excuse.

I have a rason to hate everybody, but I hae no one, if someone recked my car doesnt that give me a reason? But how come I choose to forgive and not hate?

Btw, im not buying the animal hates deal. If you pet the same cat or dog and get to know them they will love you and not see you as predators. animals usually have those kind of actions because they are protecting or think your harmful, notbecause you stole their lunch money ect..

peace.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
You have a strange understanding of hate, I'd say. Hate is a perfectly OK feeling to have, but to do hateful things without as much as caring or whatever, then you are less than a beast. Even less than a dragon. Less than everything. You're numb. Either you're a sequence in the avenging Lamb of God or a longlived demon stripped of everything and become a machine driven by instincts.Hate is a destructive feeling and a form of love, one of the clearest signs of love is hate, the next level of conciousness is compassion, then forgiveness, then patience. and so on. Therefore you should listen when they say you should forgive even your enemies and stay humble.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Hamilton, I like you but you cannot be righton this one. Animals cannot (hate), hate meaning hate someone for no reason. That dog barks at you because he smells or sees an insticnt in you called fear, or he thinks
you will harm his master or thinks you are a predator.

peace.

What person do you know who hates for no reason???????

We all have a reason to hate, no matter how stupid that reason may be.

We are animals too the soon humans relize that the better off we will be. animals have free will to. (i.e kill baby lions so I can pass on my Genes) There not just dirven mindlessly. You even see a lion hunt. There are many choices they have to make to make the hunst successful.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by DaTruth]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Deep

What on Earth have you been smoking these days ZeroDeep?
You're faaar out man, but at least we agree, but why I don't know
I'd rather say like Elie Wiesel and probably every caring mother since the beginning of society: The oposite from love isn't hate but indifference.

Disagree...and circle gets the square. Hate is the dual nature of love; its polar opposite. The opposite of indifference is caring. This caring could be hate or love; it does not matter which as long as it is not indifference.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
GOD can not exist as a physical entity whos realm is just on another planet. Because GOD is all things and all things are a part of GOD.

So throw the belief that GOD exist on some other planet out the window because it defies the basis of what GOD is. And of what HE TOLD US HE IS.

GOD can not exist outside of himself. Hence why he sent his only "son" which in reality was his only creation that had the straightest "link" to GOD. A "perfect" example of a human in spirit, in mind and in soul as GOD had intended mankind to be.

The "truth" of his only "son" crosses all dimensions, all time and all existence. GOD's only "son" carried the complete "program" sent by GOD to teach mankind about its existence. Therefore whether a religion believes it was chronologicaly first it does not matter because GOD's "son" transends all time and space.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Disagree...and circle gets the square. Hate is the dual nature of love; its polar opposite. The opposite of indifference is caring. This caring could be hate or love; it does not matter which as long as it is not indifference.

When God hates, is he then a sinner? When the Lamb of God tilts in it's divine outrage, it it then a sinner? No. They are fullof Love, and this love force them into hate. To not respond to such anger or hate, would be numbness or indifference. After a while, you get to this point when anger takes over for lovingkindness. This anger is why we believe in God: He gives us victory over evil and destroys our adversaries in a divine rampage of hate towards oppressors and evil men, gods and angels. God hates many things, and God is 100% good. How can you say that hate is the oposite from love? If it had been, love wouldn't have existed, it would have been completely destroyed.

Ask a Jew who survived Holocaust what was the hardest pill to swallow: Those who spit them in the face and broke the windows of their stores, or the ones who just walked by as if nothing had happened and didn't care at all? Hate is a consequence of love no matter how you twist it around. It has nothing to do with dualism. Dualism has to do with two kinds of love that too: Love for the good and love for the evil which is indifference, carelessness, unrightiousness etc.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

When God hates, is he then a sinner? When the Lamb of God tilts in it's divine outrage, it it then a sinner? No. They are fullof Love, and this love force them into hate. To not respond to such anger or hate, would be numbness or indifference. After a while, you get to this point when anger takes over for lovingkindness. This anger is why we believe in God: He gives us victory over evil and destroys our adversaries in a divine rampage of hate towards oppressors and evil men, gods and angels. God hates many things, and God is 100% good. How can you say that hate is the oposite from love? If it had been, love wouldn't have existed, it would have been completely destroyed.

Ask a Jew who survived Holocaust what was the hardest pill to swallow: Those who spit them in the face and broke the windows of their stores, or the ones who just walked by as if nothing had happened and didn't care at all? Hate is a consequence of love no matter how you twist it around. It has nothing to do with dualism. Dualism has to do with two kinds of love that too: Love for the good and love for the evil which is indifference, carelessness, unrightiousness etc.

I still disagree with your assessment of love/hate/indifference, but to each his own.

When God hates, is he then a sinner?

Who says that God has the ability for itself to love or hate? Some book writen by man? I don't subscribe to such things.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Who says that God has the ability for itself to love or hate? Some book writen by man? I don't subscribe to such things.

I'll reply using your own words: "to each his own."

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I'll reply using your own words: "to each his own."

Blessings,
Mikromarius

I was just replying to the question which you asked me. No offence intended.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join