It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urantia- what do you think?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

There are both religions and "evil cults" made from this book. Both are wrong. The book isn't suposed to replace any other spiritual minded text, only suposed to shead light on the larger picture.

There's a Universal reality we on earth are disconnected from. Most people not having read the book are aware of that.

That's why I think anyone starting to read the book should always start with
Urantia Book
Paper 53
THE LUCIFER REBELLION
as it is that paper that shows why we here on earth are disconnected, and the reasons for disbelief in understanding the "Universal Father".

Those meeting are full up with dozzens of people that believe by reading the book they have all the answers, some form cults and some don't have the balls to do so. I believe that book should be used in your own spiritual understandings, as that's really the point of the book. YOUR relationship to GOD and YOUR JOURNY or failure to Journy that leads to nonexistance.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I think that is a good coralation to have in regards to et experince and the book.

Hi Fremen,
The Urantia Book more or less reinforces the Christ experience and expands on it. Sleeper on the other hand was born a Catholic (In Italy no less) and as a result of his ET experience (and probably memories from past lives) no longer is a believer in the Church doctrine or it's version of Christianity.

Sleeper will not comment about other ET belief systems and says he knows nothing about Urantia.

Sleeper's message is pretty simple, understandable and helpful in life. You might catch up on his thread. You have time, he is on a short sebatical.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
49:0.3 Satania itself is an unfinished system containing only 619 inhabited worlds. Such planets are numbered serially in accordance with their registration as inhabited worlds, as worlds inhabited by will creatures. Thus was Urantia given the number 606 of Satania, meaning the 606th world in this local system on which the long evolutionary life process culminated in the appearance of human beings. There are thirty-six uninhabited planets nearing the life-endowment stage, and several are now being made ready for the Life Carriers. There are nearly two hundred spheres which are evolving so as to be ready for life implantation within the next few million years.

49:0.4 Not all planets are suited to harbor mortal life. Small ones having a high rate of axial revolution are wholly unsuited for life habitats. In several of the physical systems of Satania the planets revolving around the central sun are too large for habitation, their great mass occasioning oppressive gravity. Many of these enormous spheres have satellites, sometimes a half dozen or more, and these moons are often in size very near that of Urantia, so that they are almost ideal for habitation.

49:0.5 The oldest inhabited world of Satania, world number one, is Anova, one of the forty-four satellites revolving around an enormous dark planet but exposed to the differential light of three neighboring suns. Anova is in an advanced stage of progressive civilization.

This is absolutely fascinating in light of astronomy's finding of worlds throughout our area of the galaxy that fit into many of the categories stated above. When did you say this book was published? Hmm..according to wikipedia ... It originated in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A., sometime between 1924 and 1955, but its authorship is considered to be a mystery.

Very Very Interesting. Im going to read up on this while I'm on leave. Great Find!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ok... well thanks Plumranch...

I wasn't expecting that. i would think that sleeper would have more of an open mind about things because of his experience and even milton saying that those above him still don't understand everything in existence. It seems a little contradictary to his statements if he would not even look at this with an open mind and just consider.

I for one am very dissapointed to hear that because i find his story fascinating. Unfortunately, as he says, nothing is set in stone huh?

If i had to choose between the two, from a belief standpoint, i would believe in the uratntia book. It's too bad a man with such a similar experience to what is written in parts of that book, such as the place he met with his family, soul transfers, a heirarchy and beurocratic other world entity society, and much more, can not even open his mind enought to even research or consider.

That right there would make me feel like his story may be false.

No offense, its just, contrdictarary. I am disapointed.

oh well.

As to the last post. The cosmology and astrology is unmatched and even named things that were not known about until recently so far back. That is truly an amazing thing and could give an inclination of belief in an open minded individual.

thanks again for all the posts dudes!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

such as the place he met with his family, soul transfers, a heirarchy and beurocratic other world entity society, and much more, can not even open his mind enought to even research or consider.

Looking at it from Sleeper's point of view. He remembers past lives, has lived his entire life with frequent ET close, personal contacts, friends, family of his so to speak. He knows, and understands what is going on here, he knows what the agenda is for this solar system, the galaxy, the universe in general. He knows the shortcomings of humans and earth. Now why would he spend a large amount of time researching a book that was supposedly channeled by a guy he doesn't know and by unknown and probably "bad ETs" (because these ETs were not giving the guy correct information). Sleeper does not comment on other ET experiencer,s period, end of that story. I'm not sure why but it sounds like a good plan to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Plumranch......

The thing is that there was no physical, sight and touch, et contact at all in the conception of the book. just a channeling of messages.

I don't understand how you could just call the et's that gave this information "bad" as they only speak of love and the propogation of that. That doesn't sound bad to me at all but very un-interfering and harmless. what sounds like bad et's to me are the ones that take you against your will and shove things in your body you really don't want to be there for their "greater" good. who's to say his et's are not bad.. he even said himself that milton threatened to kill him if he divulged certain info. to me that does not sound like a being who has love in his heart.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

(because these ETs were not giving the guy correct information). Sleeper does not comment on other ET experiencer,s period, end of that story. I'm not sure why but it sounds like a good plan to me.

who's to say what the correct information is anyway... sleeper?????? why should we just blindly believe that he has the correct info. i'm not even saying that the uratnia papers have the correct info just a very interesting insight to the way the universe, and existence, operates.
Thank you for your discourse. I like freindly debate

going to waTch I AM LEGEND!!!!!!! yay
be back later.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I don't understand how you could just call the et's that gave this information "bad"

Hi Fremen,
I'm just making guesses on this based on reading Sleeper. But the "good ETs" are the ones that are in charge of earth, they have been the main ones helping out throughout our history, they have the most invested. They maintain the status quo here for better or for worse. Earth isn't a very happy place for many and that is exactly what it is meant to be... a place to test the sole or soles of its many inhabitants so we will be ready to move up (or down if you flunk!) next time.

Acc. to sleeper other ETs come here, they have free will also. But they really aren't welcomed here. Ever wonder why we have recovered discs at S5? Well, that explains some of them.

So other ETs may come here and interact with humans, channel books to them like Urantia, etc. They may seem like real nice ETs with a great plan for us humans. It's just that they may not be the ones in charge.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Also the "ETs" that are the phyical workers are also under phyical/spiritual and full spiritual beings.

I'd also like to point out that a "number" of lower class "ETs" Joined in with the Lucifer Rebelion, so many years ago, and although it is said that they are not in contorl of the skys, there might be some here on earth still, including reptilian and such things.

Again, I'll point out that Urantia Book is a perspectual text, and that the delievers of the text said there were somethings they were unaware of. Being that the "circuits" to Urantia (earth) are still locked down, this would explain why the Good ETs abduct and scan the brains of members of mankind. They want to see how the pergression is going or other factors.

It's one fantastic story.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Incarnated,

Your references to Grays and Reptilians have no basis in The Urantia Book and only serve to confuse the issue with those who've never read the book.

[edit on 2007/12/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Sorry to say you are WRONG! It's all in there if you know what IT is.

reply to post by GradyPhilpott

p856:6 77:2.3 The postrebellion era on Urantia witnessed many unusual happenings. A great civilization—the culture of Dalamatia—was going to pieces. "The Nephilim (Nodites) were on earth in those days, and when these sons of the gods went in to the daughters of men and they bore to them, their children were the `mighty men of old,' the `men of renown.'" While hardly "sons of the gods," the staff and their early descendants were so regarded by the evolutionary mortals of those distant days; even their stature came to be magnified by tradition. This, then, is the origin of the well-nigh universal folk tale of the gods who came down to earth and there with the daughters of men begot an ancient race of heroes. And all this legend became further confused with the race mixtures of the later appearing Adamites in the second garden

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

And that is why I strongly sudgest you know all the documentation rather then just One, or if you think you know them all, make sure you do.

The Nephilim (Nodites) These are what are known as the reptilians.

I could, but will not show you what the Greys are.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
ok.... i just saw I AM LEGEnd and it was #@#%$% amazing... not a plug at all.. just a dude who saw an awesome movie saying GO SEE IT!!!!!

ok now that is out of the way.

INCARNATED
could you u2u me about the greys in the Ubook. i haven't made the corolation and would love to hear what you have to say about it!!!!

Also, as i said before, in the book it speaks of beings with not 2 hemispheres of the brain but three. could the greys or other et's posess a third? do you think? how cool would that be, since i am spiritual, to have a hemisphere completely dedicated to being spiritual, almost an involuntary function of the body. awesome to think about.

Plumranch

I see that you truly believe what sleeper has to say. i am a believer of the philosophy, in our existence, that everything is permisible and nothing is ommited so his account could be true. i would be more inclined to think that the et's he is encountering could be some of the lower classes of et's, maybe a part of the lucifer rebellion, that are trying to keep down the human species due to some reason that is beyond, or kept from, our comprehension as humans. in a way, his et's seem hostile towards him. i believe he makes a reference to a starfish, (or toad maybe?) in his thread that is observed by us as a lower being that is sentient but not important to us. Is it evil to maybe take that toad without its consent and do things to it or take it places and experiment on it only to tag it and then release it into the wild to observe. To me that is kind of evil and not very divine or omnipitent but more of a selfish means to an end that only brings a positive to the higher source. If this milton really does believe in a divine creator, as i think he did say in his blog, why would he prepetuate this experimentation and/or covert ops knowing that there is no love in what he does? Maybe a little love in releasing some insights to the contactee, that are already readily accesible to those who want to find knowledge, but still through a selfish means. Everything that i read in his blog was not "eyeopening" to me as i have already encountered the ideas that milton conveyed to him through my studies into existential thought. His experience is not a revelation but rather another repetition of the same ideas that are already free to society.
Also, the Ubook has been around a lot longer than ol' sleeper, (he's 60 right, so that would put him born at 1948, same year as my father actually). it could be possible that maybe things have changed since then a little in the et world but i wouldn't put a lot of faith or belief behind that.

Thanks for all the posts guys and girls. lets delve further into this.. i think we have something here

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Do a web search on William S. Sadler, Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, and Dr. Kellogg and the Eugenics movement,
www.skeptic.de...

There were some odd goings on during the turn of the century, you would not believe where this all leads,what with darwinism and all, this leads to a very sinister path in human history.

Think Eugenics and the master race.

www.eugenics-watch.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
[edit on 15-12-2007 by FremenBlueEyes]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
STORMDANCER777

AWESOME POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the book, i stated this earlier in the thread, they talk about planetary evolution and a bunch of different colors of races but in the end, for the planet to continue evolving, all races need to be wiped out except for one. THAT IS TOTALLY NOT COOL WITH ME!!!!!

If that is what these guys are doing then that is very detremental.

But,
on the other hand.
This non for profit group, the Uorg, has members of all colors all over the world. so, if that is what was planned it has not worked the way they wanted to but quite the opposite.

GOOD POST

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Stormdancer777

actually after reading that i really don't see any corolation between sadler, the founder of the Uorg, and eugenics... kind of a stretch. but nice job anyway...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Whats up bro? Good thread. I haven't been on here in a while. Do you still have that book? You should send it to me over here....I'm bored.

On another note, check out the thread on the Grizzly. Some guy calls BW wastes of space. Interesting....anyway.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
In my point of view Urantia is basically a some form of christian book or atleast it has been heavile influenced by christianity. Yes I know that Urantia criticizes christianity of some things and visa versa but they have more in common with each other than differences.

William S. Sadler who was a member of the Urantia contact comission was also a theologian and a priest of the seventh day adventist church. Therefore Urantia has numerous similarities with adventism including: doctrines of soul sleep, the ultimate annihilation of the unsaved, and Jesus being Michael the archangel before his incarnation.

Urantia presents Jesus as on of hundreds of thousands of "Creator Sons" that are scattered around the universe. The Creator Son of this planet was called Jesus but actually his real name was (archangel) Michael.

”Its [The Urantia Book’s] philosophy is consistent. It is essentially Christian, and is, on the whole,
entirely harmonious with the known scientific facts and truths of this age.” – William S. Sadler

www.irr.org...

urantiabook.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
The Nephilim (Nodites) These are what are known as the reptilians.
I could, but will not show you what the Greys are.

Why do you believe that the Nephilim are Reptilians?

Can you corroborate such a claim?

Please do share with me any references to Grays. I am aware that The Urantia Book describes to some extent material beings and civilizations in other parts of the universe, but there is no mention of those beings having visited Urantia and that is the contention of those who speak of Grays.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join