It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urantia- what do you think?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by NeverWalkAlone
IGNORANCE!

The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Torah are included in the Bible.

I beg your pardon? The Torah is, but no, the Dead Sea scrolls aren't.

I think they were stating it in general rather then actual. Like as in stories within the dead sea scrolls are within the bible as well.

That's kinda ironic however they would use ("IGNORANCE!") isn't it?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Hey, Mr. or Ms. Pot, quit calling Mr. Kettle black! Of course there is a real person named Jeshua found in the historical records. In point of fact, there are dozens. Apparently, it was a pretty common name at the time. However, there has never been any conclusive, irrefutable evidence linking any of those Jeshuas (Jeshuii?) with the person recognized as Jesus Christ, Messiah and Son of God. Those are the FACTS. At this point, except for those historians with an axe to grind, willing to make a lot of unsupported suppositions, historians agree that aside from the Gospels, there is absolutely no corroborative evidence, physical or historical, of the existence of Jesus Christ.

Mr. BLACK! you're now in error! It is true there is no "Phyical" facts, but Historically there are the dead sea scrolls and The Nag Hammadi, sets of scrolls that back up the fact of the existance of "jesus christ". Mostly The Nag Hammadi Library, these scrolls have been burried for thousands of years and they have several historic facts. Besides there's also other historic records on account testiphying to the reality of the "savior christ".

Librarywww.gnosis.org...

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Incarnated]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
been gone for a while but i would just like to say congrats to everyone!!!!
I thought coven was joking when she said we crashed the Urantia site but last night i checked it and sure enough it was crashed so good job.
just to let everyone know,, its back up now, so, good news.

Side note:

reading more of this book i see so many parallels to what is going on in this world concerning aliens/angels and their interaction in human society. if you read various posts on this website, ats, in the aliens and ufo forums, and then read the book the parallels are evident. it is so amazing. my faith in the book is increasing very much day by day

another interesting thing is that every person i know that has encountered the book has felt an initial "truth" to it only then to let the human mind debate it and the truth feeling fades away. I did the same thing but now that i am back in it the truth is unwaivering

To the people who wish to comment on the book without reading it or reading just a couple of pages. DOn't. because that is like trying to explain a movie to somebody that you only watched 2 minutes of. lets have informed and intelligent discussion. if you went to a college english class to discuss The sound and the fury with only reading 5 pages you would not do to well. So, research and become informed instead of trying to base your opinion off of uneducated ignorance..

Thanks again everyone......

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
ok i didn't read through this thread, it was too long. but i do own the urantia book and have had it for years. i've always tried to get the deepest information possible and this book appeared to be pretty deep. anyway there is some kinda 'funny' information in there that leads one to confusement. although fasinating at times it is a little far fetch in it's explanations ie.Jesus' Life. i just want answers not mumbo jumbo, with this book it's seems philosophically it's VERY interesting but in actuality leads nowhere. my opinion and NO i have not read it all(have you seen the book? over 1000 pages with words out of this world?!?) but jumped to chapters that interest me. just like this thread

[edit on 18-12-2007 by jboogienoj]

[edit on 18-12-2007 by jboogienoj]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
reading more of this book i see so many parallels to what is going on in this world concerning aliens/angels and their interaction in human society. if you read various posts on this website, ats, in the aliens and ufo forums, and then read the book the parallels are evident. it is so amazing. my faith in the book is increasing very much day by day

I've always been intrested in finding "the truth" hidden below the surface of several topics such as mankind's history, Creator God, aliens and such things. I've always knew they'd all come together, and before the book I seen several connective things.

My point is Urantia Book Parallels many many understandings of reconizable perceptual truths.

The book is the real deal. Those of us here agreeing on the books reality are by no means connected in any way, that I can express, such as a religion or other grouping. Even that would go against the truths of the book.

I understand the book has struck that cord of truth, like a mega power cord from a guitar rock god, that just resignates and reverberates through to the core of our humanity.

In that which we've found the peaceful truth in full light and understanding it would be selfish and against what's is good to just not try to show others what we've found. We, are one people on this planet. The suporters of this Urantia Book are not members of a religion, but each of us are one human voice in the far reaching singular group of humanity. Thus, we all want to know and return. This is the only reason we speak about the book. At least, that's the truth I've found within myself.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jboogienoj
ok i didn't read through this thread, it was too long. but i do own the urantia book and have had it for years. i've always tried to get the deepest information possible and this book appeared to be pretty deep. anyway there is some kinda 'funny' information in there that leads one to confusement. although fasinating at times it is a little far fetch in it's explanations ie.Jesus' Life. i just want answers not mumbo jumbo, with this book it's seems philosophically it's VERY interesting but in actuality leads nowhere. my opinion and NO i have not read it all(have you seen the book? over 1000 pages with words out of this world?!?) but jumped to chapters that interest me. just like this thread

Personally I've always loved reaching far within the self of understanding to see the origins of the human condition.

It is true the more you've reached and researched the more sense the book actually makes.

Urantia Book actually adresses the fact that consciously mankind has varances in understandings.

I'd never say the book goes nowhere, but I'd agreee the book goes now where.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
now where? very good. i agree.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Generally speaking, I am not a believer of this book nor do I arrange my life as to meet all those teachings this book contains.

There's however a certain feel of insight about truth when reading a book such as this one. It can be done artificially and it has been done. People who write articles, basically reporters and columnists, know how its done.

There's a but, though. It is quite simply an astounding piece of work, and nearly everything in it - all those 2000 pages - are written in abstract manner, including contexts of such a large size that pretty much everybody would have their mind boggled while reading this book. It is perhaps because of this that it intrigues people a lot.

What comes to slavery and acceptance of it, that book actually says it in a certain context which, of course, wasn't mentioned to obscure other people who didn't read the book. It states clearly that slavery is a certain phase of development within a civilization (as species) and cannot always be prevented, as there is only a god that created a world which has evolution. Thus, no divine intervention.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I did actually find it very interesting, however there are a few things regarding the science within the book that trouble me(especially cosmology and astrophysics), but then again, we only have theories on the subjects at the moment, so who is to say the book is wrong and modern scientists are right. It is certainly more interesting than I expected, but I still consider Advaita Vedanta to be the best religious text.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I think it's a great book and and very coherent, I actually did quite an extensive study before I formed my final opinion about the blue book. There was actually a group of psychologists who analyzed the book and eventually came to the conclusion that if the book was indeed written by one man, we would have to recognise that man as the most intelligent man ever to exist. Be that as it may, so much of the science in the UB which in the past was seen as blatantly incorrect by the science of the day, is now starting to correlate with science, more and more the book is proving itself.

I wanted to mention, the reason why some people think the book reads dry is because of the different beings "style" of writing. I wouldn't recommend starting the book at the beginning, the first part of the book can be very difficult to digest and absorb. You notice that the midway creatures (described as being halfway between us and higher celestial creatures) write very similar to an average person. They write the Jesus years and it reads very well. The melchizedek beings tend to write quite well also as they are basically the teacher class of beings.

I'd be glad to answer any questions anyone might have about the UB, thought you guys might enjoy the section in the UB regarding our neighbours ? read it here: The Inhabited Worlds

I would recommend this book to everyone, the history of our planet is also really interesting, it describes in detail the evolution of not only biology but of religion, magic, diet, etc etc.

P.S - Adam and Eve were not humans in quite the same sense as us. We were genetically modified by them, or at least that was the plan. Adams and Eve's are what are known as biological uplifters, they are supposed to herald an age of increased evolution and intelligence, which they did.

Namaste.
J

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine
I think it's a great book and and very coherent, I actually did quite an extensive study before I formed my final opinion about the blue book. There was actually a group of psychologists who analyzed the book and eventually came to the conclusion that if the book was indeed written by one man, we would have to recognise that man as the most intelligent man ever to exist.

I have encountered to many people who say the same. Simply put, this book is of such language and context handling (and staying coherent for a duration of 2k pages) that it should be impossible for any single individual to write it.

I have read something like 3/4 of the book, skipping subjects that weren't interesting to me back then, maybe 4-5 years ago. People usually forget that this was actually written about 40 years ago, and indeed contains science that wasn't invented back then, yet.

Be that as it may, so much of the science in the UB which in the past was seen as blatantly incorrect by the science of the day, is now starting to correlate with science, more and more the book is proving itself.

So, is it possible for a single man to invent tens of concepts in science and in various different areas of specialty? Before actual empirical proof? Before anybody was named as to be the inventor of even an idea there?

Sure, there are edison's and einstein's but somehow I doubt they would represent themselves in this particular way and format. Not sure though, pretty much every big star in science believes in god in one way or another. Not all, though.

I would recommend this book to everyone, the history of our planet is also really interesting, it describes in detail the evolution of not only biology but of religion, magic, diet, etc etc.

Evolutionary psychology was actually invented back then, when book was written, but theories that it contains weren't.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Just wondering.. Most people do not recognize intelligence greater than theirs, not even all of those who actually are. That creates conflict which is particularly not needed.

Some geniuses are indeed crazy, but that picture is painted by Hollywood and reality is something very different.

Newton was extremely intelligent, and spent three years of his life to study physics. In that time he managed to invent his laws. Guess what took 50 years of his life? It was a study of apocalypse, armageddon, end of the world or whatever is the word somebody wants to use. He spent 50 years of his life to study religious texts just to know when the world ends. So, in today's standards, he was totally nuts.

So maybe I am wrong and one person could invent all these things in this book.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

The things aren't invented. I've studied several lines of understandings, lost scrolls and God Father and such lost understandings. I've studied ancient history, looking at the deeper things, the hidden things of understandings. I've stuidied other aspects of hidden understandings and things.

Honestly, I thought I was all that and a bag of chips in my deep understandings of lost things.

That book, slapped me up side the head. It was all right in there in plain, though higher, understandings atuned to the consciousness of higher leveled mankind.

I keep thinking "that's imposable", yet it is so rightious, it has to be. Perplexing at least.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Mr. BLACK! you're now in error! It is true there is no "Phyical" facts, but Historically there are the dead sea scrolls and The Nag Hammadi, sets of scrolls that back up the fact of the existance of "jesus christ". Mostly The Nag Hammadi Library, these scrolls have been burried for thousands of years and they have several historic facts. Besides there's also other historic records on account testiphying to the reality of the "savior christ".

Sorry, the Nag Hammadi scrolls are not exactly the kind of historical evidence generally accepted as proof of anything, and certainly not the existence of Jesus the Christ. They're just more stories related to the same subject. It's like saying, "You see Superman appearing in these Batman comic books, so that conclusively proves that Superman actually existed!"

But thank you for agreeing with me that there are no physical artifacts yet found to help prove the existence of Jesus.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Why would you want to waste your time analyzing the work of a group of some nerd psychologists who sat around and wrote this thing back in the 40s or 50s? They obviously had too much time on their hands and this is probably some sort of hoax or social experiment.

THAT! was the post I was waiting for, very insightful, what if it was a social experiment?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Let me say this on the matter of sacred texts, gurus and holy men, or philosophers and psychiatrists, lol, ahem,

There is not one example of sacred texts, NOT one, that doesn't have it's fair share of iffy and negative information within it.

Having said that what do you see?

I see the pathetic imagination of mer mortals trying to exemplify god, EGO.

If there is a creator it is not within our human capabilities to understand the mind of said entity,

Once there were three words spoken that came close to helping mankind reach Holiness, they are simple, yet no one follows them fully because we cannot.

[edit on 033131p://bWednesday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777THAT! was the post I was waiting for, very insightful, what if it was a social experiment?

Oh yeah! That will help things won't it. Maybe that's what the world needs.

Another "CON"sparicy theory.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by Stormdancer777THAT! was the post I was waiting for, very insightful, what if it was a social experiment?

Oh yeah! That will help things won't it. Maybe that's what the world needs.

Another "CON"sparicy theory.

Well, it did cross my mind,

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jmilla

There are books for sale on ebay.

I say MP3 it. That's the only way to fly. MP3s are free to download, a bit of a pain, but after the fact you have the full book audio style. Good deal!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The Urantia book suffers from the same deceptions and misdirection of the New Testament and everything else associated with the Vatican. If you want to understand why it can't be the truth, read the following article on my blog. It's long and may at first seem off-topic, but I promise to permanently open your eyes to the truth about primary religious deceptions of the last two-plus millenia.

Nostradamus' Lost Book Bombshells - Part I

Peace...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join