It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urantia- what do you think?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I won't even bother asking for proof that these texts were provided by aliens because I know what kind of response I'm going to get.

As far as me believing or not, I already posted my reasoning behind not wanting to entertaing myself with a text that has the potential for being racist, justifies slavery and such. That's my choice and I respect yours.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

I won't even bother asking for proof that these texts were provided by aliens because I know what kind of response I'm going to get.

As far as me believing or not, I already posted my reasoning behind not wanting to entertaing myself with a text that has the potential for being racist, justifies slavery and such. That's my choice and I respect yours.

The Sumarian Story of "ancienct aliens", aka "Reptilian" is pertained in the first half of Paper 66. It speaks of the 100, those were reptilian like, and it is proven by saying that it lead to much confusion in the stories of "adam and eve". They where "the snake people".

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

I think the term alien is not exactly the correct word, as alien actually means material beings.

Supermaterial and spiritual beings best describes the supposed authors of The Urantia Book.

There is no proof of authorship, only that which is acknowledged in the book and that which is speculated by doubters.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I can fully understand you obversion toward any such writing. I too don't dig that sort of hippy guru bullshiet.

I've spend the last 20 years of my life researching deeply the nature of God in culture and such through lost texts. I thought I was "the man" in knowledges having full ideals of the "bigger picture" of what was "really going on" in the world of man.

That was until too weeks ago, when I stumbled across the "Urantia Book" and I thought "ahhh lets see what foolisness I can find written".

I'm still shocked at the reality of the book.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't get it which one is it, Reptilian or Spiritual beings? How can you guys that are promoting this can try to make assertions of its purpose if you can't even be sure who provided the info?

I agree with the other poster who said that people this days would believe in anything.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
A) we crashed the main site...

Good job guys!

B) the Mp3 files I have found are all that stupid Microsoft Sarm voice reading them... and it's about .500 seconds to fast to actually follow the reading...

Anybody got a link to the book being read by a human (or at least read by SARM at a S L O W E R speed?)

also there was a comment earlier about the only word of god being the B I B L E...

Question for all of you that seriously believe this...

What of the Torah? The Koran? or better yet.. More up a christians alley... The Dead Sea scrolls?

care to comment? Or will you just ignore an educated agnostic?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I'm not trying to "prove" anything to anyone.

I know for myself. I'm an over anailitical perfectionist. I hate the idea of getting anything "spiritual minded" wrong. So I'm always researching and revising my findings.

I don't like "medephyical" teachings of any type. Nor to I respect religions.

Personally, for myself, I know beyond a doubt of the books truth. Even know I still research and check and check again. The book, keeps shocking me.

This is a website, based on the idea that there are hidden knowledges that the users of the website would like to search out in the knowing.

To anyone that wants to know the reality of what's truly going on, this book is more real then anyone is willing to accept. Including myself still.

It's real. If you want to know, you just need to read the book.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

If you search "Urantia" on youTube you'll find a guy with a very nice voice that's been reading the book and posting the readings.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The audio book is available for download here--free:

urantiabook.org...

[edit on 2007/12/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverWalkAlone

there is no such thing as god.......or at least not some dude called Jesus.

it's just logical, if the book was written in the asian part of the world in stead of the western, it would have been based on Krishna or Buddha...

think about it......all this book is, is an attempt to strengthn christian beliefes in Jesus...that's all....

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
What of the Torah? The Koran? or better yet.. More up a christians alley... The Dead Sea scrolls?

Perspective. The Urantia Book is from the "aliens" aka a far more advanced, longer (been around) perspective.

The "bible"/ Torah, and also including the lost scrolls and forgoten books, for the most part are the same story from the perspective of man.

Excluding thoses "inspiried works" contained within the bible lot, the lot of mankinds perspective on the story is mixed with mythology and angle spinning to perject a more "man understandable" work of "faith".

The inspiried works are inspiried "messages" through men to men.

Several of the "inspiried works", for example the "book of revelation" come from the core energy connection of men to the "father of fathers" aka God. So these might want to be included in understanding spiritual perspective of the works.

The Koran is an anti story book.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Your bitterness and anger doesn't make your oppion truth. You have free will to deny, if that's what you truly want to do.

Though, for yourself, not anyone else, you might want to think deeply on such topics before making a ruling.

Sure, you get agrevated at the foolishness and stupidity of orginzed religions and selfrightousness of people that would call themselfs chosen of God, but that doesn't make the core understanding untrue. It only feeds the fire of your discontent to blind you from thinking for yourself.

Your rejection of such spiritual things is NOT self though, it is just anti"establisment" thinking. You just put your lot in with another group.

Oh please. Grow up.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by NeverWalkAlone

there is no such thing as god.......or at least not some dude called Jesus.

someone needs to SERIOUSLY research the Archaeological (read Scientific) PROOF of a preacher Named Jeshya Who lived in the same period as "jesus", spoke the same gospel as "jesus" and has Historical records of his Birth and Crucifixion at the hands of the Roman Empire.

Amazing how ignorant some can be of FACTUAL history.

Jesus or Jeshya WAS a real living person... this is FACT... the position I believe you are trying to hold will only hold merit if you accept that FACT...

Now if you would like to restate your position as "proof of Jeshya being the son of GOD doesn't exist" I would be willing to agree on that point...
But denial of historical record to validate your beliefs is ignorance in it's worst form.

edited...
just to avoid argument...

all links are pulled from "jesus" on wikipedia...

^ Some of the historians and Biblical scholars who place the birth and death of Jesus within this range include D. A. Carson, Douglas J. Moo and Leon Morris. An Introduction to the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House, 1992, 54, 56; Michael Grant, Jesus: An Historian's Review of the Gospels, Scribner's, 1977, p. 71; John P. Meier, A Marginal Jew, Doubleday, 1991–, vol. 1:214; E. P. Sanders, The Historical Figure of Jesus, Penguin Books, 1993, pp. 10–11, and Ben Witherington III, "Primary Sources," Christian History 17 (1998) No. 3:12–20.

^ Though many historians may have certain reservations about the use of the Gospels for writing history, "even the most hesitant, however, will concede that we are probably on safe historical footing" concerning certain basic facts about the life of Jesus; Jo Ann H. Moran Cruz and Richard Gerberding, Medieval Worlds: An Introduction to European History Houghton Mifflin Company 2004, pp. 44–45.

^ "The nonhistoricity thesis has always been controversial, and it has consistently failed to convince scholars of many disciplines and religious creeds. ... Biblical scholars and classical historians now regard it as effectively refuted." - Robert E. Van Voorst, Jesus Outside the New Testament: An Introduction to the Ancient Evidence (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2000), p. 16.

^ "The New Testament was complete, of substantially complete, about AD 100, the majority of the writings being in existence twenty to forty years before this ...the situation is encouraging from the historian's point of view, for the first three Gospels were written at a time when many were alive who could remember the things that Jesus said and did... At any rate, the time elapsing between the evangelic events and the writing of most of the New Testament books was, from the standpoint of historical research, satisfactorily short." Bruce, F. F.: The New Testament Documents: Are They Reliable?, pp. 12-14, InterVarsity Press, USA, 1997.

^ "The interval then between the dates of the original composition and the earliest extant evidence becomes so small as to be in fact negligible, and the last foundation for any doubt that the Sciptures have come down to us substantially as they were written has now been removed. Both the authenticity and the general integrity of the books of the New Testament may be regarded as finally established." As quoted in Bruce, F. F.: The New Testament Documents: Are They Reliable?, p. 20, InterVarsity Press, USA, 1997.

And STRAIGHT OFF the wiki page...

Most scholars in the fields of history and biblical studies agree that Jesus was a Galilean Jew, was regarded as a teacher and healer, was baptized by John the Baptist, and was crucified in Jerusalem on orders of the Roman Governor Pontius Pilate under the accusation of sedition against the Roman Empire.[3][4] Few critical scholars believe that all ancient texts on Jesus' life are either completely accurate[5] or completely inaccurate.[6]

while you (and I) may question whether or not Jesus was the son of god, OR the jewish messiah IS debateable... His Existence however... IS NOT.

[edit on 12/17/2007 by coven]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Where in my post have I ever come off as "bitter and angry"..?

Show me solid proof of his existence.....although I’m not going to stray from the topic if I can help it.....just like the existence of god, I need and so does every other logical sceptic.....needs 100% solid proof....if you're going to say the Urantia book was written by aliens or that Jesus was alive at one point in time or was the son of god, (trinity, is also god and the holy ghost...etc..) then you need actual EVIDANCE to back up your claims.......and that's that.....

Don't feel sorry for me.....I’m the one feeling sorry for you....I’m not the one believing in something through blind faith....

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
IGNORANCE!

The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Torah are included in the Bible. The Koran is a book inspired by Satan just like this Urination book.
But go on and say what you will, because I have no need to defend to my Savior or prove His existence because very soon you will all know the facts when you see Him coming on the clouds of glory!

God Bless.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Don't feel sorry for me.....I’m the one feeling sorry for you....I’m not the one believing in something through blind faith....

Again! you mistake religious people (generally) for the norm. I don't believe through blind faith. Though, it takes work to search out "the truth" for yourself. That's what people must do to escape "blind faith". Shamefully most people are too lazy and would rather just bitch about it then to find out what is true for themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
someone needs to SERIOUSLY research the Archaeological (read Scientific) PROOF of a preacher Named Jeshya Who lived in the same period as "jesus", spoke the same gospel as "jesus" and has Historical records of his Birth and Crucifixion at the hands of the Roman Empire.

Amazing how ignorant some can be of FACTUAL history.

Jesus or Jeshya WAS a real living person... this is FACT... the position I believe you are trying to hold will only hold merit if you accept that FACT...

Hey, Mr. or Ms. Pot, quit calling Mr. Kettle black! Of course there is a real person named Jeshua found in the historical records. In point of fact, there are dozens. Apparently, it was a pretty common name at the time. However, there has never been any conclusive, irrefutable evidence linking any of those Jeshuas (Jeshuii?) with the person recognized as Jesus Christ, Messiah and Son of God. Those are the FACTS. At this point, except for those historians with an axe to grind, willing to make a lot of unsupported suppositions, historians agree that aside from the Gospels, there is absolutely no corroborative evidence, physical or historical, of the existence of Jesus Christ.

I do like the Urantia story of Jesus being Egyptian and living in Egypt, though, which is backed up by the Gospels. It makes me wonder if maybe all those folks looking for records pertaining to Jesus between the ages of 12 and 30 are looking in the right place. I could easily see somebody apparently as brainy as Jesus making himself a fixture in the Library of Alexandria while he was growing up, picking up some esoteric knowledge about sorcery and necromancy, as well as some curious philosophical ideas about love and gnosis.

Nothing conclusive or verifiable exists to back it up, of course. Maybe someday some goat herder will find a cache of Alexandrian Library cards hidden out in the desert somewhere, and Jesus's name will be on some of them.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have read the book a few years ago. Some of the material is interesting, but unfortunatly it´s info comes from channeling...and this method of obtaining information is not at all reliable, as many people would disagree, 90% of the information coming from channelers are stuff that comes from their mind or subconciouss mind... ET interaction via telepathy would require a great deal of preparation from the Earth human side to level the vibrational frequecy with the ET and thus allowing them to be on the same frequency permitting telepathy to occur.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverWalkAlone
IGNORANCE!

The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Torah are included in the Bible.

I beg your pardon? The Torah is, but no, the Dead Sea scrolls aren't.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by felipecb
I have read the book a few years ago. Some of the material is interesting, but unfortunatly it´s info comes from channeling...and this method of obtaining information is not at all reliable, as many people would disagree, 90% of the information coming from channelers are stuff that comes from their mind or subconciouss mind... ET interaction via telepathy would require a great deal of preparation from the Earth human side to level the vibrational frequecy with the ET and thus allowing them to be on the same frequency permitting telepathy to occur.

Yes, I agree! But not in this case.

I use to think "oh it comes from channeling, that's BS". But after several years unaware of that book, looking deep into the hidden understandings, lost texts and such things, I thought I'd disprove that book in a flash, and the book keeps whipping me.

I didn't want to believe in it. I wanted to reject or debunk it, but I have to accept it is a real work.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join