It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artic May Be Summer Ice Free By 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
A new study by U.S. teams using super computers is showing the Artic may be summer ice free in as little as five to six years.

Scientists in the US have presented one of the most dramatic forecasts yet for the disappearance of Arctic sea ice.

Their latest modelling studies indicate northern polar waters could be ice-free in summers within just 5-6 years.

Professor Wieslaw Maslowski told an American Geophysical Union meeting that previous projections had underestimated the processes now driving ice loss.

bbc

When you take into account the melting Greenland ice shelf in addition to the artic ice the rising sea level becomes quite dangerous for coastal communities. See the link above for a small map.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I just started a thread about this without seeing this thread already in existence. Here is what I wrote:

I just read this article on the shrinking ice:
news.bbc.co.uk...

It seems interesting that this supposed loss of ice will occur in the same relative time frame as the supposed 2012 apocalypse scenario. I personally do not put much stock in the 2012 date, but this article intrigued me.

Let's have a discussion on how this could tie into the 2012 "end times". Does this new information tie into anyone's theories?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Grozny07

I did not put the 2012 apocalyptic together with the melting ice. It is interesting though. I just think this will cause more harm then most people around here are giving it credit for. Rising oceans, changing ocean temps, things like that.

new topics

join