It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights over Ramstein AB, Germany

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I just read the weekly base paper this morning and ran across the best article I have ever seen in a base newspaper. Seven unidentifable lights filled the sky for about good amout of time, will post the hours later as I left that copy at PT this morning. Can anyone with good picture enhancing programs see if they can sharpen the image provided on the page. Also, anyone have any thoughts as to what it might be.

Here is the link to the article.

Let me know if anyone has any problems accessing this site.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Great post airman! After I go through basic I'm lookin to be stationed @ germany for awhile and this is one of the reasons why. Are you stationed there @ Ramstein? If so, did you see the lights?.....I don't know what the lights could be. Maybe atmospheric phenomenon or possible satellite re-entry?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
K-town, huh?

Lived in Pirmasens for 8 years. These lights are about the most exciting thing I've seen there( besides the castles) in a looong time

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
that is a very fascinating picture. I would love to see the enhanced images. I make no judgement on the picture as of yet, but is it possible it could be effects of the aurora borealis?

oops, I forgot to mention, that perhaps even though the witness says they didn't think it was that, it is still possible that it could be the aurora borealis.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ok, here is what I did. I messed with the contrast and brightness a little bit. You can tell that there is a "mass" in the "body" of the light. I also converted to negative, you can REALLY see the mass then

perhaps mass is not a good word. maybe BRIGHTER than the green would be better, or it could be something giving off heat.
As to what they are...dunno

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Tried something different (fixed the tint) and what I see then, reminds me of phosphorus flares

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
First off, I am amazed at the fast response to this topic.

Jeffrey, good luck at basic and getting Germany as your first location(almost nvr happens but some are lucky). Missed the lights however.

World it is possible to be the aurora but I haven't heard of it having a pattern like this one.

NetStorm, great job on the photos. Quick too. It looks like there is definately something brighter or inside the lower ends of the objects.

I will be gone tomorrow morning til afternoon, but if I find a paper left when I return to base, will scan the added diagram that was it the paper.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
True, but phoshorus flares are not used en masse.

And also, there are no training sites in the vicinity of Rammstein Air Base. The flares would be used for night training exercizes.

Very puzzling photo though

and NetStorm, you should be in forensics, or analysis or something. That was awesome research you did!!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Just say your extra reply NetStorm. I would of said flares to but the ATC (Air Traffic Control) said there was nothing on there radar, but would have stated wheter flares where being dropped. Not sure why our cargo planes would need to with all the light on the ramp though. Will keep lookin for info as my work schedule permits.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the kudos

I am doing another search will see what I can find. Wish there was a search engine where you could post a pic and say "whats this"...but will get back to you, have 2 systems searching right now.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Arggh!!! Nothing even similar so far.
I was leaning toward a type of borealis, but the one I found, shows no "bright" light inside the "green light" when you reverse it.

Maybe Kano or someone would know what to make of it.
What gets me is in the article, the Sgt states that the stayed there all night, yet have the appearence of something falling...space junk?
Nor does he mention any type of sound....

BTW, here are two sites to watch stuff in orbit

www.windows.ucar.edu...=/headline_universe/space_debris_update.html&edu=high

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
My friend i went through security Forces school with is now based in alaska..he told me a few nights ago seeing almost the same exact think over his base in Alaska..interesting..hey airman whats ur job?..just curious..and us missile field cops here in montana see weird lights in our sky all the time as u can se for miles with no interruptions.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The original photo at the Kaiserslautern is amazing, showing a very distinct repeating pattern like nodes on a string occurring in every instance.

Until I looked at the original pic closely I thought they might be flares. Now I think that's impossible.

Then I thought they were laser beams reflecting different cloud layers, but I think the pattern is too uniform.

The recent northern lights were not anything like this. The aurora I witnessed was a diffuse green glow just above the horizon streaked with bright red curtains.

This is something very odd. I sorta recall hearing of a similar sighting in Phoenix AZ lately, maybe on Rense. I'll try to find that report.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is a very interesting story... I don't think I've ever seen a UFO photo like that (the lubbock and phoenix light photos... the closest things I could think of to this, are not elongated like that).

If Netstorm's analysis is correct, it seems like we're looking at a several thin, tall UFOs.

However... This seems just too strange for it not to have been covered by the media. If i'm reading the article correctly, the Staff Sgt. was the only guy who saw this... Wouldn't the whole base have spotted this?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The stripes all have the same pattern, so maybe they are coming (homing) from the same source.
Like the same energy source splitted in 7 rays.

It's like we see some clouds in the stripes. Either someone from the ground is projecting on the sky or something from above is beaming at us...you know, like looking throught a cloath basket case.

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by Desmond]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
One last post before heading out. Onlyinmydreams, if you read the article carefully, the Command Post, aka HQ, had recieved several calls about it but had no explaination. As far as media coverage, the local German Networks may have covered it, not to sure though due to the fact that I AFN (American Forces Network). As to what he said about the lights on the runway, there are seven of them on the main ramp area and do shine upward onto a mirror to shine over a larger area, however the lights are white and why is this the first report of this happening. It should occur everynight if it is from the runway.

Well, I need to head out, but will post the second image once I get back in.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
great story and even better pictures!

i've never seen any pictures like them before,
surely more people must have seen this!

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Whats really strange about this story, is that I can find NOTHING else ANYWHERE, not Google, not lycos, not alltheweb.com, Nada! Sure I can come up with many stories with just "Strange Lights" as a a search parameter, but nothing plugs into Ramstein.
When I do add Ramstein it talks about UFO's being shot down over the area.
It STILL looks to me like something "inside" the green light giving off heat, but then the Sgt in the story says that they "stayed there all night" like they were not moving, it also looks to me like they were taken using a starlight scope or something cause the whole sky area is green , if I put in the date and Ramstein still nothing mentioned.
www.google.com...

www.alltheweb.com...

search.lycos.com...

I'll keep looking......betcha this is a goose chase

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If you extend each light upwards in a straight line they'd all converge to a point somewhere far above.

This suggests two possibilities:

1. a single source like a satellite is emitting a beam toward the ground.

2. a single ground source from RAFB is projecting these upward and the photograph has been posted upside down.

In either case it might be one laser firing in rapid succession in a repeating pattern, creating the appearance of seperate lights that are reflecting on a cloud layer

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It seems that these green lights are getting reported more often wasn't it a month or so ago that Spain reported the same thing. Here in the US it is not reported I did read somewhere here when the shuttle broke apart someone said they saw a green glowing streak or object near the shuttle.
Our government has been doing a lot of chemtrail spraying in our skies other countries are reporting this to maybe the spraying has something to do with being able to see UFO's coming in through our atmoshphere just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join