It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights over Ramstein AB, Germany

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
If you extend each light upwards in a straight line they'd all converge to a point somewhere far above.

This suggests two possibilities:

1. a single source like a satellite is emitting a beam toward the ground.

2. a single ground source from RAFB is projecting these upward and the photograph has been posted upside down.

In either case it might be one laser firing in rapid succession in a repeating pattern, creating the appearance of seperate lights that are reflecting on a cloud layer

I agree with what you are saying about converging, but compare this ground based laser light

with the orignal light. Convergence still does not explain the ultra bright mass in the light. I still say the pic was shot with a starscope or nightvision filter. It "almost" looks like pieces of something breaking up as it disintegrates

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by NetStorm]

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Can we say HARRP or something similar. Using the earths EM field they could generate a similar event. Anyone any thought s on that .

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
Can we say HARRP or something similar. Using the earths EM field they could generate a similar event. Anyone any thought s on that .

In Germany?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think you are correct about the Starlight scope. Sgt. Burke, who wrote the article and took the photograph doesn't mention what type of camera was used, but does say

"saw a row of seven lights directly overhead, which glowed bright white, even brighter than the surrounding constellations."

The green color is probably attributed to night vision equipment.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yes HARRP can reach anywhere in the world. Not just the US.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
If you extend each light upwards in a straight line they'd all converge to a point somewhere far above.

This suggests two possibilities:

1. a single source like a satellite is emitting a beam toward the ground.

2. a single ground source from RAFB is projecting these upward and the photograph has been posted upside down.

In either case it might be one laser firing in rapid succession in a repeating pattern, creating the appearance of seperate lights that are reflecting on a cloud layer

Ok, I've changed my mind about these lights,
Look closely at the picture, and you will notice that in the brighter part of the light, in ALL of the seven, they are the same size and same shape, a "thin rod with a ball on each end" they are also equally distanced, PLUS look very closely, and you can tell, that the first 4 lights, are IN FRONTof the last three lights. I still don;t know what they are, but I do not believe they would converge. I think they are a reflection, not of the runway lights, because like someone earlier said, the lights would be seen everytime.
it's a reflection of some type.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
As promised, here is the graphic that was not added to the online paper.

Graphic

Hope this explains the timeline some.

Just a side note, Ramstein is shortened to RAB, not RAFB.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I liked that shirt the bomb tech. was wearing.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I ran into your post not to long ago. I was living on sembach and remember reading the paper the morning after the lights were sighted. know what i noticed about the link you had up? i know i read it in the kaiserslautern american...but...when they put it on the internet...they left a chunk out of the article about the priest saying something about the seven lights maybe being the seven angels about to come to earth. im not a christian man but it kinda made me wonder why. and there was one more account that was left out...i cant remember it exactly though.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I am down the road from Rammstein. I wish I would of heard about this. Its very interesting. I'm always looking for things in the sky all the time.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
Whats really strange about this story, is that I can find NOTHING else ANYWHERE, not Google, not lycos, not alltheweb.com, Nada! Sure I can come up with many stories with just "Strange Lights" as a a search parameter, but nothing plugs into Ramstein.
When I do add Ramstein it talks about UFO's being shot down over the area.
It STILL looks to me like something "inside" the green light giving off heat, but then the Sgt in the story says that they "stayed there all night" like they were not moving, it also looks to me like they were taken using a starlight scope or something cause the whole sky area is green , if I put in the date and Ramstein still nothing mentioned.
www.google.com...

www.alltheweb.com...

search.lycos.com...

I'll keep looking......betcha this is a goose chase

Speaking of Starlight Scopes or NVGs. When I was at Fort Irwin my Platoon Sgt and I seen some crazy stuff flying around with PVS-7Bs. Ive been told by others theres all kinds of crap flying around in that part of the country that you can only see with NVGs.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Has anyone near Ramstein been watching the sky at night recently? Earlier I was out on the balcony hanging up laundry(about 2100hrs) when I heard a loud buzzing noise from above. I looked up and saw a small UAV with positioning lights right above my house(west of RAB) at about 200ft. climbing to a higher altitude and head to south east. As I followed its flight path, I noticed other UAVs flying about the area. The sound of the motor and speed controler was very familiar, since I fly RC aircraft as a hobby. It sounded distinctly like a push-prop driven brushless motor with speed control. I then ran back inside to grab my binoculars so that I could get a better look. I the focused on the UAV near my house and saw that it was emitting a white vapor trail behind it( maybe vapor from heat dissipation?). The UAV had a wing span of approx. 12-15ft.

Now here comes the strange part. After the UAVs departed the area, a strange mint green light appear between RAB and Landstuhl. It remained stationary for a full minute before suddenly going out. It reappeared after thirty seconds before winking out again. Nothing happened for a while, so I went back inside. After about five minutes, I went back out to take a look and saw a white light stationary further to the east. As I looked on, the light began a slow move back to the west and change to magenta in color. It began a slow turn to the north as it changed to mint green again. Then it suddenly disappeared again.

This is not the first time that I have seen strange flying objects here. I am a trained observer and amateur astronomer, and know when I am seeing atmospheric phenomena. It also was not a chinese party favor or aircraft that I am familiar with. I have been around aircraft all of my life, so I know what to look and listen for.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join