It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do mods move and kill threads ??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This has happened to me many times here and it's annoying to say the least. It seems that when I start a thread...a mod comes along and does not like where it's at and moves it to BTS which effectively kills the thread.

Man I am so sick of that crud !! I started this thread in Paranormal only to have my shadow "worldwatcher" move it to BTS. My Thread

WHY was this done ??? There are MANY MANY threads in Paranormal that have "dream" in the title but those get to stay yet mine gets shoved into BTS doom ??

IT'S COMPLETELY UNFAIR AND IT'S BS !!!! is there some reason my threads get moved all the time ??? This is crap as far as I'm concerned...if you don't want me to start threads then just either tell me or ban me but this has to stop. Now I don't even want to start any threads for fear they will get shuffled off to BTS hell. It makes not even want to try anymore which must be what you mods want right ?

Moving a thread to BTS is a thread killer IMO and mods do it on purpose.

IF I WANTED MY THREAD IN BTS I WOULD HAVE PUT IT THERE.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
your thread was about dreaming you are flying. we have a forum over at BTS called Dreams and Personal Predictions. It's a perfect fit. It wasn't done to kill anything. Rather, by putting it in the proper forum, someone who knows the answer might see it and other members interested in symbolism in our dreams might head there, see your thread and add to it.

Seriously now, do you think someone who is interested in symbolism in dreams is going to head to Paranormal over Dreams?

and a handy link on dreams about flying

members.aol.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm sorry you feel this way but WW was right on the money with this move.

Your thread is titled:

"Why do I dream that I am flying ??"

There is nothing paranormal about your flying dream. You don't even suggest there is in your opening post or lead the discussion in that direction. It wasn't sent to BTS to kill the discussion, it was sent to BTS because the dream forum is located there.

Please remember that ATS is for alternative discussions like conspiracies modern advances and the paranormal. If your topic of discussion doesn't fit with the intended use of the forum it will be moved. Not to punish the author but to keep the board well organized and intuitive in it's navigation.

[edit on 12/6/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

I'm not a mod, so this is just a guess on my part, from seeing this happen before. I went and read your thread tittle and post, and I think I see the problem.

You don't in any way show a tie-in to anything paranormal. It is mostly just a dream that you want help understanding, because it is unusual due to the vividness and the content.

Let me put it this way, if I put a thread up about horses that seem to be really smart in the Crypto forum, it would get moved because horses, even smart ones, are not anything extraordinary. Now a unicorn wouldn't, because smart or dumb, unicorns are along the lines of that forum. Your dream, while interesting, was still just a dream. You weren't taken over by demons or part of a witch's coven or offered a deal on your soul in the dream, so there's no tie in with the paranormal.

Trust me, I've had things moved that bothered me, and being sent to a section called "Rant" is worse than you had done.

I hope this helps you understand. I'm sure no one wants you to stop posting new threads. It sometimes takes a little while to get the feel for where posts fit best.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
so why are there threads in paranormal with "dream" in their title ?? if one thread with that in the title gets moved then they ALL should be moved to the "dream" section of BTS...not just mine.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Please look at the thread "ATS, BTS, PTS, what would you like to see in the future"? in the same board.

Ive been adressing this issue towards the Mods.

The solution is to create a new ATS Forum called "Metaphysics and Consciousness", because too many topics are moved away from the Paranormal Forum.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

And not enough threads are moved out of "Breaking Alternative News"...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
so why are there threads in paranormal with "dream" in their title ?? if one thread with that in the title gets moved then they ALL should be moved to the "dream" section of BTS...not just mine.

Any thread that is not paranormal in nature should not be in the paranormal forum on ATS. That should kinda go without saying. I'm sure examples could be found of inappropriately placed threads on ATS but with a board our size we can and do miss actionable items like thread moves, quoting and one-liners.

In this case we happen to be talking about your thread because you started the (inappropriately placed) thread in the BBQ forum about it.

Please know that we aren't out to "get" you, we are out to support you...by giving you a free online community where like minded people can come together and discuss alternative topics in a well organized, moderated and friendly atmosphere.

Hope you understand...

[edit on 12/6/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Speaking as one who has felt the same way over moved threads, and made a bit of a drama out of it, the only thing I can say is that mods do these things for the good of the board, as has already been mentioned, and that if a thread is in the right place it will often get more reads - and if it's interesting enough, more replies.

It's very easy to get angry or upset by what may seem like double standards whether real or peceived, but you also have to remember that there are very clear definitions and guidelines in the forums to help make sure that things are being posted in the right place.

I always read the thread which is usually entitled something like "Important. All members read before posting".
This has helped me post things in the right places and should be the first stop before posting in a particular forum, thus avoiding any unnecessary drama for all concerned.

Tuppence worth

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm a mod and my threads still get moved!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
OP, I went to the forum and looked at threads with the word "dream" in the heading.

"Curse Lucid Dreams 2 file" OK, curses and the supernatural seems to work well together.

"I touched my dream was awake also" discusses the altered reality state, and seems to be the recounting of an event that was not a normal dream progression.

"Lucid dreaming tips anyone?" is a thread on using ways to control dreams as altered states of reality, and are in line with the idea of paranormal behavior when seen opposed to normal dream states that come with a need to rest and recharge.

"Frightmare" has the words "paranormal events" in the first line, and the gist seems to be of some paranormal entity that is controlling the dreamer and manifesting at least "its" desires in a non-normal way.

What I'm saying is that at a quick glance, which may be all the time a mod has for the forum, these threads seem to have something that relates to the fringe world of the paranormal. Yours, on the other hand showed no such connection, as flying in a dream is very normal. (Now if you had told how you were being pursued by a demon with bat wings and throwing fireballs that smelled of brimstone, and you fought it off with a good Harry Potter quote, I'll bet your thread would still be there.
)

I hope I'm helping clear this up a little for you. It's the least I can do after all the crap I raised once on the same type of deal. (Only to realize later that the mod was likely right all along.
)

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Don't underestimate the power of BTS! BTS is not the trash bin, we got the trash bin forum for that purpose. Threads in the trash bin are not visible to members or non-members. Why all of this anti-bts? Because there's no traffic there? So please make some traffic on BTS then! Just because the board has "below" in the title? :shk: Should it be named the "The absolutely über alles fantastic best super mega board" instead? If we all treated ATS, BTS and AP as equal boards, there wouldn't be any problem. Threads on BTS are still visible, you know. You log in to BTS and AP with the same username/password as on ATS. The same members are found on all three boards and all posts/threads are visible to non-members too. Please stop talking about BTS as if it is the trash bin, because it's not. Maybe we should just swap the labels for the boards? Make ATS->BTS and BTS->ATS? Hrrmmph...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yeah, what Hellmutt said. BTS rocks!
You should only worry if your thread gets sent to AbovePolitics. That's where threads go if MirthfulMe want to starve it to death

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm a dream expert and I can tell you that when a person has dreams where he or she is flying, it's a telltale sign that the person has a fear of having their threads moved to BTS.

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
BTS is becoming the hip place on the board anyway. I read your thread there AG.

I prefer BTS because I don't get the "prove it" or "got any videos" response to everything I post.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'm a dream expert and I can tell you that when a person has dreams where he or she is flying, it's a telltale sign that the person has a fear of having their threads moved to BTS.

Peace

Very, Very good Dr.Love !!!!! now my dreams make sense !!!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

Very, Very good Dr.Love !!!!! now my dreams make sense !!!

this thread is about dreams, I think I'll move it to BTS Dreams.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Diclaimer: not aimed at the OP, just rambling thoughts rattling around my brain.

When people get upset because their post got moved to BTS, and they say 'But I don't go to BTS, that's not the kind of thing I'm here to post about/it's dead/random reason that BTS sucks' I find it kind of ironic, because the post that the person took the time and effort to write is a BTS topic, so obviously they are here to post about it. Why not post it in the correct forum where people who share your interests will see it?

I think it's funny when ATS snobbery rears its head. If people didn't like BTS topics and want to talk about them, they wouldn't post them in the wrong forum to begin with. So what's the big deal about clicking one button? It's no different than any other part of the site, except it has cooler smilies.

So, why the hating on BTS? You like the forum topics, you know the management, you don't have to log in again and you know the members. Do people not like the colours or something?

I just don't get it. I'm always puzzled when members get upset over having their thread moved to BTS, because it's not a lesser forum in any way and shouldn't be perceived as such. It's probably my favourite place on this site.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm hestitant to reply to this thread for fear of being accused of "shadowing" you Alpha Grey. One of my avatars says it best "conspiracy or paranoia?" In this case, it's definitely paranoia.

For the record, let me assure you, I am not singling you out for anything, the move of your thread has been explained several times by my fellow mods. To be quite honest, you flatter yourself by assuming that my move of your thread was anything more than the move of a thread to it proper home.

You people do realize that reading threads between ATS, PTS and BTS is quite easy, just click on Recent Posts and you will see

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4 , ALL | today @ BelowTopSecret.com | today @ AbovePolitics.com

Those are links, that will allow you easily switch between boards and see, read and participate in all that is offered here.

There is a home on ATS for just about every topic, and if a topic is in the wrong home, moderators will move it to the correct one. If you disagree with a move, you can always u2 the mod, or submit a complaint, be assured you'll get our reasoning as to why a move was made.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
COME ON OVER TO BTS.....

BTS seems to get put down a lot, but it's just as important as any other aspect of the ATS Universe. Sure there are a lot of lighter topics, and many members hang out there just to have a bit of fun and be part of the community.

But still, a lot of important discussion goes on in BTS that isn't suitable for the other boards. It's definitely not a downgrade of your post to have it moved, and it just might reach a wider audience that it would elsewhere on the boards.

BTS ROCKS, we just need to show that to the rest of the world by filling it with topics of interest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join