It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Chinese & Japanese satalites show moon landing places?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Just wondered if anyone knows the resolution of these craft, would it be enough to show where the Apollo series claimed to have landed?

This leads to an interesting set of paths.

1. There's no landing, so do the countries blurt this out to put the US down knowing it would literally shatter the American public's trust in any story ie 9/11 etc .

2. They let the US know the score and use the info as political leverage?.

3. There's proof of the landing but do they disclose it?

4. They find other bases (not ours) but do they disclose?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, there will not be high enough resolution available to properly photograph the landing sites well enough to dispel urban myths or anything.

Not that it matters, you could get pictures clear enough to read the tags on the equipment and it won't be good enough for the ignorant mass of uninformed woo woos that belief in the moon hoax anyway. It's become a religion for the weak minded.

But, they will image the locations to the best of their ability, and surely there will be some stuff visible. They will release the photos more as a curiosity and attention getter than anything else. But the photos will not be high enough in resolution to properly make out what your looking at, other than there is a blob there.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I'd be more than happy to see some bits of landers there, be it in perfect focus or just a recognisable object would be great. I'm old enough to remember watching these things happen in the first place, I so want to see that we did make that huge leap but when you get older and you start seeing debatable notions ie Verner initially saying you would need a massive craft way bigger than the Apollo that he himself designed it makes you wonder just a little.

Yes, I've seen "A funny thing happened on the way to the Moon" but for me it's just thoughtful material that does ask many intriguing questions that have not all been answered 100%.

But considering all that I just want my childhood memories proved.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The tyranny of Truth.

Originally posted by Mclane
I'm old enough to remember watching these things happen in the first place.

So am I.

I so want to see that we did make that huge leap but when you get older and you start seeing debatable notions ie Verner initially saying you would need a massive craft way bigger than the Apollo that he himself designed it makes you wonder just a little.

How sad that the voices of ignorance, delusion and mendacity have grown so loud they have even made you doubt the evidence of your own eyes and ears.

This is the tragedy of the World Wide Web, that ultimate agora.

Democracy is all very well in its place, and its place is politics. It has no place in the realm of knowledge, which is a monarchy whose ruler's name is Truth.

Woe unto us all when Truth is brought low by the rabble of the Web. When I read posts like yours I wonder whether it is not already too late.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
The tyranny of Truth.
How sad that the voices of ignorance, delusion and mendacity have grown so loud they have even made you doubt the evidence of your own eyes and ears.

Woe unto us all when Truth is brought low by the rabble of the Web. When I read posts like yours I wonder whether it is not already too late.

Whilst I agree there many who almost believe to the point of insanity and of course the web is a place for exhibitionists I truly believe it is important that we question things. Infact, how can we properly evolve if we acknowledge everything without a passing thought.

To question how we do things can only lead to them being done better.

To believe blindly is oh so dangerous.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
As for the answer to the original question, no.

The Japanese probe (Kaguya) has a resolution of around 10 m, while the Chinese one (Chang'e 1) has a resolution of around 50 m. None of the Apollo artifacts are that big.

Wait until Oct. 2008, when the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter will be launched. It will have a resolution of 0.5 m and will be able to comfortably image the LM descent stages, rovers and possibly some of the surface experiments left there.

Of course, that won't be enough to deter the wackos. "Oh, NASA must be faking these images too! See how they don't show the secret alien base that definitely exists there?"

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
When will they take photo's of the landing site-site's?

I want to see them even if it is 10m.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the answers, I'll await that event in 2008.

As for alien bases, the moons a giant satellite etc etc, well that's not my cup of tea. I'm more hoping it wasn't a great big lie after having a wonderful impact on a child's mind at that point.

I must have built 2 or 3 airfix Saturn 5 models as a kid..Happy days...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
While either spacecraft does not have the resolution to image any of the remains of Apollo, the largest being the descent stages which are only 4 meters across, when the lighting is right that hardware will cast quite long shadows that should be visible to the orbiters.

This has been done before when Lunar OrbiterIII photographed Surveyor I lander back in the 60s.

Link

The probes might be dropped to a lower, riskier orbit toward the end of their lives and slightly clearer images can be obtained.

LRO is going to give us the best view of previous mission hardware. Of course that will matter little to some folks who will carry on in perpetuity with harebrained notions that defy common sense.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by SpaceMax]

[edit on 5-12-2007 by SpaceMax]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMax

Good link, really nice to see the past so well. It did get me to thinking though. If there were anomalous objects in a picture, so far we haven't had anything with enough resolution to pick them out, unless they were massive.

I'm not expecting anything major to ever be found in one of these photos. I did many years ago hear a pretty substantial rumor that the old USSR tried a moon landing, but couldn't get the cosmonauts back from the Lunar surface. It would be good to prove or disprove that with some good pictures in '08.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

a pretty substantial rumor that the old USSR tried a moon landing, but couldn't get the cosmonauts back from the Lunar surface.

No, the Soviets had more trouble actually getting crewman to the moon, their heavy lifting version of the Saturn, was plagued with failures.
More on N1

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMax

Oh, I'm not saying it's true. I have nothing but a 35plus year old memory of a rumor on this. I agree that the evidence seems to show that the USSR had problems even getting into orbit.

But we also know that they were not forthcoming on their failures and cosmonaut deaths either. And they did want to beat America to the moon. The view, at least then, by the USSR was that risk was not too much of a factor.

There is a certain logic to them making such an attempt. And to the fact that a failure would not have been trumpeted to the world at large. So one would at least be interested if pictures of something "out of place" were to show up.

I would certainly give that more of a chance of being true than an alien ship.

apc

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
People are already crying fake about the JAXA imagery. You could shove them into a rocket and land their butts right next to the American flag and they'd still say it was fake.

I can't wait until next year. Images of the landers will be like unearthing an amazing archaeological find. It will be like looking into the past, perfectly preserved, albeit a bit dusty.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I hear That China And Japan have open source for location on landing sites, but also russia's first landing took and sent pictures via early-prototype Fax from moon, to the british in early 60's could that spot be located.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

You're right give it a year and let the people look at the picture in labs, and on screens in the schools. Bebunkers don't want the truth be known, conspriracies are easy to start with the right, misinformation

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdrn
As for the answer to the original question, no.

The Japanese probe (Kaguya) has a resolution of around 10 m, while the Chinese one (Chang'e 1) has a resolution of around 50 m. None of the Apollo artifacts are that big.

Wait until Oct. 2008, when the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter will be launched. It will have a resolution of 0.5 m and will be able to comfortably image the LM descent stages, rovers and possibly some of the surface experiments left there.

Of course, that won't be enough to deter the wackos. "Oh, NASA must be faking these images too! See how they don't show the secret alien base that definitely exists there?"

I am unable to find info on whether the LRO intends to maps the entire surface during its perceived orbital life.

I read somewhere that the LRO will concentrate and magnify on areas that the Indian probe Chandrayaan-1 identiifies as promising with its 5m- 40km swath CCD camera.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cdrn

Our space crafts today cannot fly through the radiation barrier.

IN 1969 THEIR space craft had even less protection.

The sun had a three day solar flair during their flight and the radiation intensity increases by the thousands when this takes place.

Research before you just believe.

The men would have died or gotten radiation poisoning.

just recently one of our space crafts went to 600 miles above earth. furthest we have gone since the supposed landing on the moon.

The men could see radistion particles passing through their eyes when closed.

They quickly had to move closer to earth.

They were not even in the field of radiation yet.
just close to it.

And the radiation is thousands of miles thick.

If you make it through there then there is another radiation belt with even more intensity.

Not possible. They did not know this radiation even existed.

Russia knew.

And never tried to send someone beyond orbit.

Sorry. But facts are facts.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I don't know which radiation belt you're talking about (one that only the Russians knew existed) -- the only radiation belt I know about is the Van Allen Belts, which were known by NASA to exist over 10 years before the Moon missions.

Plus the fiberous insulating material that was used by the Apollo spacecraft was enough to shield the astronauts for the 30 minutes that they passed through the Van Allen Belts. The astronauts did get a minimal dose of exposure (similar to having a few x-rays taken), but the exposure was not lethal.

Dr. Van Allen himself (the discoverer of the Van Allen Belt) said that it is possible to successfully travel through the belts, and he himself never had any doubts that NASA went to the Moon.

There are other sources of cosmic radiation (purvasive throughout the solar system) that DID raise the radiation exposure levels of the astronauts, but it has been well proven by many independant sources (non-NASA sources) that these exposure levels were nowhere near lethal.

The added radiation was just another small risk in a long list of risks that the astronauts accepted. Remember, the original Apollo Astronauts were test pilots. Test piloting carried many more risks than a slightly higher level of radiation exposure did.

Anyway...sorry to get off-topic

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclane
3. There's proof of the landing but do they disclose it?

Yes, they have disclosed it. SELENE imaged the apollo 11 site and although the descent stage is smaller than the satellite's pixel resolution, it did find evidence of soil disruption at the landing site, either from dust blown around by the descent stage or the ascent stage. Here's the image:
www.unmannedspaceflight.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

An open mind is far better than blind faith

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join