It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

faith + 1 [question for bible beleivers]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
can i ask?

u have faith god is real and all that stuff right?

but, there is enough proof to debunk at least the bible.

so i ask u bible beleivers, are u blind, or u just dont wanna see?

why do u still have faith, when someboy proves u the bible is crap lies?

why do u have faith is something fictional why???

-----THE SATAN CREATED PROOF TO DEBUNK THE BIBLE EXPLANATION NOT ACCEPTABLE---

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
What do you refer to when you say " The bible has been debunked?"
Not anything that anyone with their head on straight could believe.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

super flood, 6000 years old earth, adan and eve, i can go on, but u see the picture, hopefully.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Is your thread title an homage to Eric Cartman's Christian band?

This thread can't possibly end well. These athiests vs christian threads all pretty much recycle the same arguements over and over.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

awsome, yeah its a tribute to the greatest christian rock band ever.

--I WANNA GET ON MY KNEES, AND START PLEASING JESUS, I WANNA FEEL HIS SALVATION ALL OVER MY FACE---
FAITH +1

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I don't want to get too involved in what this thread will turn into. But you made me laugh with your lyrics you quoted. I haven't seen that episode in a while.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava

Are you going to provide proof aside from South Park quotes? I don't see how that proves anything other than your television watching habits. Aside from that you already answered your own question in the title of this thread. If you earnestly studied religion you would have seen this already.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

super flood

There is AMPLE proof of a worldwide flood.
Number ONE being the layer of sedimentary limestone which is Woldwide. (i.e. white cliffs of Dover)
Sedimentary rock forms when floodwater recedes.

6000 years old earth

I don't absolutely agree with the 6000 years creation story, however
I Know the habitable Earth isn't as old as 'certain' scientists would have us to believe. Carbon dating doesn't even WORK on older rock strata.
Usually they date the layers by the fossils found in them, but, to give a timeline on the fossil creatures, they use an approximate 'guess' using the rocks they're contained in. (??????)
Also to use the ice layers at the poles doesn't work(has been proven)
Because you have to account for thawing and re-freezing!

Circular reasoning.

Adam? and eve, i can go on, but u see the picture, hopefully.
Even evolutionist anthropologists have admited one female and one male starting 'evolution'

As faulty as their data is, at least they got that right!

There will be a New Garden when Jeshua returns. The whole Earth will rejoice!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Naked Rationalism allowed engineers to work on machines about to reduce more than six millions persons to ashes. The project was to eradicate a part of humanity, and was called a "Final Solution". It didn't work.

Interestingly, those who put forth this process also considered the Tanakh to be a... "fake". More interestingly, they're now trapped in the past. Most interestingly, those who were supposed to be by these "finally solutioned" still have faith in some apparently nonrationalisticalisticallistalistisch schtüff.

1+1=2 will never prove why we know that 1+1=2.

Religion is a collateral effect of mysticism. When everybody will be mystic, religion won't be needed anymore. That is the goal of all sounded religions.

"Who has ears to hear, let him hear".

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Rigel]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
To believe in one ultimate creative energy demand a lots of humility and reflect in one self.
This is a very difficult task because we are at this moment in time not able to use all the capacity of our brain.
If this knowledge can be gain it will most probably not require any submission, reward, or ever lasting wellbeing.
To believe in man made God (which most of the world religion are made of), is no problem at all. It is a submission to constraint.
As Giving a away your faith in yourself for an exchange of faith of someone else's ...

Kacou

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

can i ask?

u have faith god is real and all that stuff right?

so i ask u bible beleivers, are u blind, or u just dont wanna see?

why do u still have faith, when someboy proves u the bible is crap lies?

why do u have faith is something fictional why???

-----THE SATAN CREATED PROOF TO DEBUNK THE BIBLE EXPLANATION NOT ACCEPTABLE---

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Drzava]

So i take it that you think peoples faith just comes from the bible and nowhere else.
Faith comes in many ways and the bible is just one of them. this is what makes me laugh about none believers, they think it is all in our head when there is so, so much more to it than that. Faith also comes from a relationship with God but this is where you won't have a clue what i am talking about.
I think you should go away and do a little study or read a few books on faith. you will be far wiser if you do.
I will admit though that there are many things in the bible that i don't understand but because i know that God is real i leave it at that, a lack of understanding.
If there are 1.3 billion Christians in the world and the bible is one of the all time best sellers, it must make you wonder what all the fuss is about. That it isn't all that simple.
Cheers
jon

[edit on 27-11-2007 by jon1]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jon1

You wrote: "If there are 1.3 billion Christians in the world and the bible is one of the all time best sellers, it must make you wonder what all the fuss is about. That it isn't all that simple."

You have asked Drzava to do some reading.
It is nice to see that in this forum people encourage each other in many ways.
So permit my self to invite to read only one book.;
Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. By Charles Mackay.

Good day.

Kacou

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

I AM A FORMER CHRISTIAN, i already read the bible

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Drzava

This is the dichotomy. What is proof for some is not for others. For instance, let's look at the flood. If you look at the geological record, there's evidence supporting a global flood, but the timing doesn't seem to sync with the timing in the Bible. There are also multiple ways scripture can be interpreted. No one doubts (with a few exceptions) that civilization is about 6,000 years old, which syncs with the genealogy in the Bible, which is where the 6,000 year figure comes from.

When someone claims that the Bible has been completely debunked and those who follow Christianity must, therefore, be willingly blind, I usually get the impression they haven't researched from the Christian perspective into the scientific claims for the Bible. Just reading the media's rebuttal would make one thing that all Christianity has is this foolish creation theory based on nothing more than faith, but there is so, so much more. Agree or disagree, if you really delve in and do the research, you must admit that there is at least a case for the Bible. Blind faith is not necessary.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
reply to post by jon1

You wrote: "If there are 1.3 billion Christians in the world and the bible is one of the all time best sellers, it must make you wonder what all the fuss is about. That it isn't all that simple."

You have asked Drzava to do some reading.
It is nice to see that in this forum people encourage each other in many ways.
So permit my self to invite to read only one book.;
Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. By Charles Mackay.

Good day.

Kacou

This is what i mean when i say that faith comes from many places. Have you seen the blind see, the crippled walk, the deaf hear. these and many other miracles come not from a delusional mind but from the physical.
I see that you are another person who does not understand the faith.
It is like standing outside the football ground and trying to understand what is happening on the pitch. You have to be there to understand it.
As for the book, I don't need to read it. I have the tee shirt.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i can disprove one story in the bible:
pharaoh's firstborn son was killed by blunt trauma to the head...

oh, and there's no evidence that the jews were enslaved in egypt
...or that they were monotheistic prior to their exposure to the monotheistic egyptian worship of the sun-god aten...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jon1

I was born in Lourdes and grow up there.
I hade my faire share of so called miracle.
I have a much more partial view of what is and what is not.
It is when we change from believing this or that, that we takes conscience that what happens is not normal.
It is moments like that where all the religion, all the spirituality, all the politic and all the knowledge are so meaningless compare to the inner suffering of man.
This is often after long very hard exercise of inner reflection, in the emotional sense of the term, that a one thing can make us change for the best or the worst.
don't ask people to read something when you are not ready to do the same...no offence meant.
This book is best recorded in your mind like a reminder of what we done before.

Good day.

Kacou

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
*blots athiests names out of book of life*

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You believe on faith alone, which only God can give you. It is unexplainable, and irrational. That is the only foundation by which God fully reveals itself to you. Any other faith which needs proof is doomed to fail under scrutiny of science.

I say it this way, because without getting into a debate about origins(which Christians are told not to) we must at least test these challenges in our own minds as if they were fact for the benefit of the doubt.

So I ask this; what if the OP is correct and there is no proof the bible is historically correct? What if Jesus never existed as a person? What if the earth is not 6000 years old? If these things are true, we must find a different interpretation of the book that makes sense in a figurative way that supports our faith. If we are basing faith on physical presumptions, we will not make it.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by ben91069]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

I have read many things that are for and against God. I was suggesting that the OP reads up generally on people of faith. If you only read one book like you are suggesting then that is just one persons view. Another point is that why would i read a book about being delusional when i know for a fact that what i experience is as real as you or me.
No offence taken by the way.
Just one slight snag anyway, After suffering from a stroke my short term memory is shot and i havn't been able to read a book for 6 years. by the time i read one page, i have forgotten what i have read.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join