It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official, I've had enough!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Originally posted by Globule

this section has gone to the dog's, crank's, hoaxer's, and just plain down right time waster's/dreamer's.

I agree, 100%. The mod involvement
has become non-existant. Sad, really.

for any serious research into the UFO phenomenon, this was the site to come to

Again, agree 100%. But, it's quickly
becoming a back-room joke.

If any mods actually take the time to
read this, please take a look at how
many SkunkWorks worthy threads are
here. Please.

It's truly a sad thing.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
We're here to Deny Ignorance no matter how ignorant the material or post are that show up on ATS. It's easy to know which post has good material with an intelligent poster that did his homework. Everytime a hoaxter post it doesn't take long for the ATS community to figure it out and deny ignorance. I've seen some hoaxes get called out before I even had a chance to post. I'd say stick around and wait for the diamond in the ruff to appear, but it's actually your choice. Hope you decide to stick around.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osyris
Hey I have a realy small violin you can play..... These topics have always been a needle of truth in a haystack of lies. But that makes the few truths we find worth the effort.

No thank's, i have a box full of my own.....you are right though, half the fun is in the battle to dig for the truth that is just waiting to be exposed.

Hope i made sense, but as you see i am not the only one frustrated,........i need to get a life,.... but this particular forum has always been a passion for me, i do visit other sites but always return to this one.

Hate to say it, but "the truth is out there".....yes, I'm a big X-Files fan.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It can be frustrating when you crave discussion of the kind of UFO evidence that rises to the level of all "the classics", yet all you find in the daily threads are evidence of birds, kites or, even worse, CGI.

Yep. There are some very clever people out there who want to see if they can perpetrate a hoax and get away with it. Kinda like why people climb mountains.

But, actually, that's what I love about the ATS experience. Not only do I see the latest and newest (or sometimes repeatedest
) evidence, I get to watch (and occassionally participate in) the (usually) scholarly examination of that evidence.

Now, if yer pining for proof that some UFO is of extraterrestrial origin, ye may have a long wait, Globule. If there's anything I've learned in my brief two years of "ATS-ing" it's that nothing ever seems to be settled. Perhaps that's the main source of your frustration?

Me? I'm not so eager for the arrival that I can't enjoy the journey.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Now, if yer pining for proof that some UFO is of extraterrestrial origin, ye may have a long wait. If there's anything I've learned in my brief two years of "ATSing" it's that nothing ever seems to be settled.
And perhaps that's the main source of the frustration.

Me? I'm not so eager for the arrival that I can't enjoy the journey.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Tuning Spork]

I'm not pining for proof, that is a long way off, and i do enjoy the journey, the frustration is basically the amount of crackpot's and likes penetrating the board and poisoning it for everyone.

It takes quite awhile before going through all the post's to find that one good post worthy of having a discussion about, mind you, there are a good number of terrific post's here, not taking away anything from the genuine folk out there.

I think I'll continue with the journey here and hopefully as time goes by the crackpot's and such will wither away and disappear.........i doubt it.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Globule
reply to post by seawolf197

Your right, it's just like smoking, especially after a number of year's, your hooked, many, many time's i've said to myself, "myself", what's the point going to my favorite site when it's filled with bu.....t, but what do i do, i come back, i have to admit though that there is still some good point's to ATS and out of all the couple of dozen post's on the first page of the forum index theres probably about half a dozen of worthy post's.

Ok, so here you go. Headline: "I was abducted, and while those pesky Aliens weren't looking, I snap these pics."

I'm looking at the pics, you're looking, everyone is looking, and this time your gut tells you it's real. You just know it's game on. That make siffting through the clutter worth it.

Larry King comes on, and he says: "Man that Taco Bell caused me swamp gas, it was captured on film, and the UFO crowd are going crazy. But, you will know better.

Priceless.

Reason to stay? I think so.

Live long and prosper baby!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
no joke make sure nothing happens to the girls for real.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I know how you feel globule. I'm been thinking of leaving ats lately to. I haven't posted anything helpfull lately, and i'm tired of the disclosure is close, ron paul is the answer threads. Ats isn't what it used to be, people researched more, and i could find better posts when i signed up 2 years ago. Mostly when i post, i get flamed for what i posted. The constant name calling by the members and even some of the ats guests sometimes gets annoying. But i still stay, even though i post once a month. I mosty search for the good topics, and even the government document archive has high hopes. And i have a few things in common with some of the members to.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Globule -

I can completely understand your frustration. I do not spend as much time in the UFO/Aliens as I use too.

First of all, you have to keep in mind that when you become the biggest online UFO/Conspiracy community in the world there is going to be more crap to sift through. More people that are too paranoid, more people that over react, more people that are gullible, more people that are just here to do harm. This is to be expected so just relax, we are all going through it. And besides, filtering through the crap is just a basic part of UFO research 101.

Second of all, you have just started posting and from the sound of your posts so far you sound like a very narrow minded person to me. If you have not noticed, ATS is not just about fascinating UFO sightings and photos. If you came here just for that and thats it then of course you are going to be very disappointed. If that is the case then this is not the place for you. This is not Muffon where it is just strictly sighting reports. ATS is about the big picture.

There is much much more that the "Powers That Be" are covering up than just UFO's. The reason that some people like me say "Powers That Be" instead of government is because the ones that are in control of everything including our country is not our government. If you are ignorant to this fact or deny this fact and will not wake up and see this then by all means, do not let the door hit you when you leave. You can just go back to being the average sheeple and ignore it all. From the sounds of it, it sounds like you ARE the average sheeple.

Pull up a chair and wake up.....Please!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Maybe this is going to sound a little bit harsh-but perhaps we should have the ability to "vote off" certain members?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
That's not what this site is all about. I think if you're smart enough you know what opinions are right, and which ones are full of it.

I'm not implying that you are not smart enough by the way, i'm just making a point.

reply to post by Jim_Kraken

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't blame you.
What I'm fed up with is outsourcing. Seems whenever I am forced to call tech support or have questions about my bills, I always seem to get Sanjaya on the phone.

Don't give up. I know you are fed up with Photoshopped images but keep this is mind, even NASA alters high res images.

GM: One of these people was a Nasa photographic expert, and she said that in building eight of Johnson Space Centre they regularly airbrushed out images of UFOs from the high-resolution satellite imaging. What she said was there was there: there were folders called "filtered" and "unfiltered", "processed" and "raw", something like that.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dingleberry77

You're a troll, and furthermore you're disingenuous for dismissing the complaints about problem posters of pretty much everyone else on this thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Don't you even bring up that no-credibility hacker. It's people like you who are dragging this site down like OP said.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Whoah, ease up. I'm just saying that you know when someone is going a bit over the top. How's that troll like? There are people that go over the top on here, and people that are very smart. Just making that point mate.

reply to post by Jim_Kraken

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dingleberry77
I'm not implying that you are not smart enough by the way, i'm just making a point.

That's what I'm talking about, troll.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The name calling stops now

Courtesy is mandatory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken

Don't you even bring up that no-credibility hacker. It's people like you who are dragging this site down like OP said.

Ok, that's why I'm here.
I just recently returned here so please tell me what I have missed regarding this hacker dude.

Enlighten me.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

ROFL...It's Gary McKinnon, a guy who allegedly hacked into NASA computers that weren't password protected. Furthermore, he allegedly saw evidence of alien UFO coverup, however he has no proof of this other than his own word.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
One thing that might help is an auto-email when a person registers. It could contain things such as:

1. The proper way to search to see if a topic has already been discussed.
2. Explaining that if you find a you-tube video that is more than 2 weeks old it most likely has already been discussed here.
3. Do not start threads concerning videos that you know are fake already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join