It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US most difficult country to invade???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Is the US the most Difficult country to invade? I think so - we are a huge country with 2 boarders of ocean, we have the most powerfull armed forces in the world, and a huge (and ARMED) population.

I'd like to see if everyone agrees or not.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i agree.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
yeah.... and we got texas

i definetly agree

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There are definately more "armed" populations that ours. Also, I don't think there would be as much resistance to an invading army by the civilians as people think. We don't really know what war is like.....

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
but russia would be hard to invade.....

cause they would retreat into siberia......

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'd say it depends on whose invading. Russia and Chine each have huge land masses and population.

"They'll run out of bullets before we run out of people."

Britain is still an island, and few nations have the naval capacity needed to make a totally amphibious assault.

US is also in good shape. Almost any attack would occur on the West coast (from China, most likely). In which case they would have to cross the Rocky Mountains. Major obstacle right there with many good bottlenecks.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
texas...hahaha...If they had it there way they would be there own country.

But yeah - there are some good men in texas

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Russia has always historically been tough conquer, but right now the US has the all mighty economic advantage.

As for saying the US population wouldnt resist - when my sh!t turns purple and tastes like rainbow serbert!

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It could be easy to attack from the shores, if they managed not to be detected. Plus, the US-Mexican border manages to let pass many illegal immigrants...

I think North Korea would be difficult to invade. But I'm purely speculating, for I have no education in this enterprise, except from lessons in history. And in a manner of the army or coast guard...many are obviously absent from the homeland, ...so I don't know what kind of defense there is between bases and the population.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
attacking from the shores would be tough because it would require A HUGE navy. US would see this coming and send the most powerfull airforce or Navy (we have both) to take the fleet out once they got within our waters. US/Mexican border allows small groups of II's through, but an Army large enough to invade the US would have to be HUGE, so i doubt they would go undetected before they crossed the boarder.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That is, you assume, of course, it is a "stealth infiltatrion" I would like to see the entire Chinese army pass through border control posing as Mexicans...that can't be done..obviously. They completely look different, too many people at once, come on...

The West Coast poses a HUGE challenge for an invading army. Like it was said, once they enter the Rocky Mountains %50 - %70 of their army would most likely be destroyed. The U.S. would have ambush after ambush set up. Add bombing runs and helicopters in..its over. IF they could get past the Rocky Mountains, they would face the desert. Dry, hot, not what the Chinese would want. Also, most of the desert is in the open, another good spot for ambush. After the desert, the heartland. Flat - This is the key here. Another easy spot for bombing runs and attack from above. Sure, the west might be taken, but the entire U.S. - no.

From the East. I live in the West, so I don't know too much about this, but I am assuming the mountains on the East Coast would be trecherous as well. They would have to infiltrate the capital, a very tough opponent. They would likely be wiped out by the Armed Forces alone, let alone the environment.

So, in conclusion - Yes.

-wD

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
well said webdevil...

As for the East, there are so many big cities that would have to be conquered i dont think it could happen - NY, DC, Philly, and Baltimore are all within a 4 hours drive - toss in Boston, ATL, Miami - just to name a few, and you'd be facing tens of millions of super pissed off people. You think we have problems with our ghettos now? Imagine if a foriegn power invaded - i doubt a country could take just the northeast, much less the whole damn country.

Damn its good to be an American!

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheButcher
Is the US the most Difficult country to invade? I think so - we are a huge country with 2 boarders of ocean, we have the most powerfull armed forces in the world, and a huge (and ARMED) population.

I'd like to see if everyone agrees or not.

The Red Dawn.

Originally posted by omega1
but russia would be hard to invade.....

cause they would retreat into siberia......

So why not invading ( or nuking ) Siberia first ?

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Switzerland - they have a large armed forces; are virtually impenetrable from land due to the terrain and every citizen has to complete national service and then remain on active duty (with a ready to use uniform and rifle) until they retire.

They aint neutral for nothing! Think why they were never invaded.

Oh....and their armed forces can launch jets from the side of the bases they have in the mountains!

Edited for not using a spellchecker! DAMN!

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by Shaitan]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
How about Australia that's completly surrounded by ocean
and bitch to get to aswell i reckon.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
yeah, the US would be near impossible to invade without the enemy having some type of air supremacy, which ain't gonna happen anytime soon, er, unless there is an alien force contemplating it

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Just go Iceland to Greenland, or Koryak (Kamchatka) to Alaska or Venezuela to Mexico...

No wait, that's how to get North America in RISK.

Anyway, is' HARDER to invade AUSTRALIA. South America is second. Japan is no cake walk either. Nor Madagascar.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
as history can tell VIETNAM

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
as history can tell VIETNAM

The only reason is because the bureaucrats and hippies wouldn't let us flatten the place with saturation bombing. The NVA was THREE DAYS from surrendering, when protesters forced us to halt bombing.

Vietnam was a war run by civilians. And half-assed military commander with our technology could have taken care of it.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

The only reason is because the bureaucrats and hippies wouldn't let us flatten the place with saturation bombing. The NVA was THREE DAYS from surrendering, when protesters forced us to halt bombing.

The American army #ed up thats what happened. Too many drugs, stupid managment of command, the jungle.

I think that even if you managed to partly invade America you would have to face a large, armed population. Think of how easily the population could be armed and ready if needs be.

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by earthtone]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join