It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Diary, Today I_______ ???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Dear Diary,

Today I went to a local shopping mall. I haven't gone there in close to two years. How things have changed. There's a new wing now. One thing remains the same though -- it's still crawling with eye-candy. Mmmmmm...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Dear Diary

I took a walk through the wasteland of closed threads in BTS Chit-Chat today and actually thought it was a good thing that Duzey did some house cleaning.
Ever since Kinglizard closed "Last To Post Wins" I only figured it would be a matter of time before a bunch of others would go the same route.

Today I slept it almost all away....
My short nap on the sofa turned into six hours of solid sleep. I woke up feeling disoriented and not sure if it was AM or PM. I had to check the clock on a computer to be sure it was night time.

The weather channel had called for snow and freezing rain, but wrong again. It's plus 3 C and pouring rain that's melting the bit of snow we got last week.
If the temperature drops tonight it will all turn to ice.

Now that I've been up a couple hours and had a coffee I know I'll be up for the night, so I think some time in the kitchen will be fun. I want to make Latke with fish and cheese, then deep fry them for a snack later.
I can almost hear my arteries slamming shut from the grease and high fat sour cream, but it's worth it.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Dear Diary, today I feel frustration in the death of my thread "Rabbit Hole, Searching for Alice." I know something is very wrong at 584 Harper Valley.

Just don't know, just can't tell!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Dear Diray

Thank God Christmas is over.

I told myself that I would go to Mexico and spend Christmas on the Beach.
I had to work so I couldn't make it. What a shame.
Next year.....

Your Friend
whaaa

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Dear Diary

I had to serve a young man with eviction papers and it's left me feeling really bad.

He's only 17 and it's his first apartment, his first time away from home and out on his own. It's obvious that he's struggling to find his way in the world, though he has his first job and is making the effort to look after himself.

The only problem is his lack of respect for his neighbours. The constant noise complaints about his dogs and music from other tenants has forced my hand to have him removed from the building after only two months.

One dog is an illegal breed in our province and one neighbours complaint resulted in a fist fight the other night between him and the other tenant.

I can't let one bad apple spoil the barrel, and as lousy as I feel about it, I am forced to preserve the peace for everyone else that lives here.

We have court in about 10 days and perhaps he'll go back home and mature a bit.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Dear Diary,

Today I did homework from Drawing class and Biology. Nothing too special happened today and I'm gonna do some more homework tomorrow also.

Also, I just can't wait for the days to come b/c it's going to be 15 to 20 degrees above average! Yeah, finally a little warmth in the cold Connecticut winter.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Dear Diary

I spent today alone.

talked to the wife and kids by phone several times. Other than that, it's been . . . . just me. No TV, no radio, no nothing. Just the silence. It helps me clear my head to work this way. I can spread out my work all over the kitchen, and the kids don't touch stuff and re-organize it, bless their hearts.

With the silence comes clarity. I'm coming closer to the goal. These little weekends, stolen away from the world that the bosses don't realize. I was busy all weekend, but didn't take any work home. At least not their work.

After so many thousands of hours, so many years of biding my time, chiseling away at THE ANSWER until it's revealed in its stark obvioius self-evidence . . . my hands shake a little. This quest has defined my adult life. And what shall the grail kinght do, as he slowly moves up the crest of the knoll, and peers into the doorway from which the golden light is streaming. Now is the hardest part.

In the early days, when it was all just an idea, a "what if," I didn't have any personal emotional investment in this quest. But now, after devoting my years of liesure to this, this magnum opus that may stand as an unheralded cenotaph of my life's work, the grail knight shudders just a little bit. . . .

Before, when this was just one of Doc's hobbies, it was something my family and friends could shrug off as an eccentricity, and I would be laughed at behind my back, or simply sighed over, and that was that.
But now, comes the possibility of failure. The REAL possibility. What if I've done all this labor, lost all that sleep, all that liesure and even work time, and it , what if I fail? Then what, Diary.

Will the efforts of so many years turn out to be nothing more than a monument to human folly? A self-made Ozymandias carved from my own self delusions?

But there comes a point, diary. There comes a point, beyond the moment when you force yourself onward---there comes a point when you know that it's too late to turn back now. When you resolve that leaving the work undone would be the worst kind of failure of all, when see yourself in a psychological mirror, all of your flaws and shortcomings exposed in the harsh light of truth, and you see yourself, unlovely but strong, and ready.

Ready to finish the work.

The year 2008 may have begun like so many before it, with my workbench cluttered with plans and grand designs. But I swear before the year is out I will have completed my masterwork. And even if the world will never know, I will know.

I will know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join