It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corruption of the Bible!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Eternal

I agree that NIV was a corrupt version along with every version that was dumbed down that there afterwards, why would one wish to simplify the Bible to the point of slang I cannot fathon this at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ME
The Books of Enoch are not the only essential books left from the modern day Bible, one such set that may be even more revealing are those written by Thomas.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You don't need another version to show the errors. Gospel of John and the other three have different times, hours and days for the trial and execution of Jesus. They have the last supper on the feast of unleavened bread and the Passover that evening. A simple check into the O.T. shows that Passover is the 14th of Nisan and Unleavened bread starts the Sabbath of the 15th and runs for seven days, but not into the next Sabbath, the 22nd of Nisan.

Problems like this abound.

Does that mean everything is screwed up. No, but if you think the Satan guy is gonna let the word of God run around unhindered, then you really need to wake up!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
biblegateway.com
48 versions of the bible in english.

edit on 17-8-2014 by BARACKHUSSEiNOBAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tiegm

Peoples minds are wacked out as evidenced in this very thread
and the world over. Every different self made religion and belief
from hell to breakfast. All self serving and failing to notice that
in the end, only one truth will stand for all to realise. Do you
really think it will be yours?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

edit on 17-8-2014 by BARACKHUSSEiNOBAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Corruption of the bible is worshiping an icon of a guy dying on a cross and "Personal relationships with Jesus".
The cross itself is a symbol of pain and death, just look up Crucifixion. The big book itself mentions about anti-christ person making people worship an icon of pain. In another part of the Biblical texts did god not tell that one guy...Moses? to not use any idols or icons. Sure its from a Hebrew bible but still it is the Bible.
Christianity begun with a single center and then fractured worse than the Soviet Union. We got Catholics, Protestants, Evangelists, Mormons...ect. Fractures go as far as 2 groups whose difference of beliefs can come down to a single word.

Some preachers deliver sermons, others use a microphone and sing with the quire. Amounts of people doing speeches after NDE is almost as appalling as the amount of people in the audience. You would think if so many people had NDE their stories would be exactly the same aside from a white light. I could keep going, but i just realized i can be called a heretic and threatened with eternal damnation for just talking.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Truth

" created a need for God "

Unbelievable. tell that to millions of men and women who have seenmiracles happen including me.

God reveals himself to people, peopledo not reveal themselves to God.

peace.

WHAT MIRACLE DID YOU SEE??

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: tiegm

Peoples minds are wacked out as evidenced in this very thread
and the world over. Every different self made religion and belief
from hell to breakfast. All self serving and failing to notice that
in the end, only one truth will stand for all to realise. Do you
really think it will be yours?

Maybe, maybe not.

You say there will be one truth, but what if that truth is something like Tao and in fact All paths Lead to God??

After all, if there really is an omni-everything God then what could possibly out side of Him???

If, in the end all paths do lead to God then it's inevitable and everyone's Truth will eventually get them there too.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You say there will be one truth, but what if that truth is something like Tao and in fact All paths Lead to God??

All I have to say to that is good luck listening to Tao.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

All I have to say to that is good luck listening to Tao.

Out of curiosity Randy, have you studied the philosophy of other belies such as Taoism or the many different branches of Buddhism, for example, to any great extent?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Taoism no!

Buddhism, I gave a good going over but it seems so intent
that man is the most intelligent being in existence. I find
that laughable.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Taoism no!

Buddhism, I gave a good going over but it seems so intent
that man is the most intelligent being in existence. I find
that laughable.

Ah, you mean it doesn't have a god! Fair enough.

Some of it is very good though (IMO). Seems to pertain more to genuine philosophy, in fact, if there is a higher power something about Nirvana seems relevant (again, only IMO). Same with the unfathomable, yet eternal "Tao". If there is a higher power, could be just a culturally and philosophically different version of what is, in final analysis, the same thing?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join