It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy - Who are the REAL contenders?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluess
Marko Rodin - Vortex based mathmatics. found the connection between numbers and all.
www.markorodin.com...
www.youtube.com...

The Rodin Coil seems very interesting indeed. He states that people have had sucess in more energy out than in from his coils, and even says the coils could be built better to yeild more energy.

Rense Radio Interview - Part 1 & 2
rodinproject.com...
rodinproject.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I have an engineering degree, and I've looked at quite a few of these free energy claims. Of all the people I am aware of, none have a valid claim in my opinion. Of all the free energy ideas I am aware of, the only one that I feel might hold some potential is technology based on the Casimir Effect.

You can probably get a far better description of the Casimir Effect from someone else, but the basic idea is that 'virtual particles' are constantly coming in and out of existence. In a sufficiently small (like nanometer scale) structure, it is possible to cause these virtual particles to have a greater probability of appearing on the side where there is room for them, and if the area on the other side has a small enough gap, then virtual particles are too large/have too large a wavelength to be created. The resulting difference produces a force known as the Casimir force, and as a mainstream university graduate, I can assure you that the Casimir force is well-documented and acknowledged even by mainstream scientists.

The main problem I see is that the forces generated are so tiny that I'm not really sure how you could conceivably harness them usefully. Still, at least there is a chance with this concept, whereas anything else I've read about, such as perpetual motion or thermodynamical law violations, are physically impossible. The cost of the technology involved also means that any 'basement inventor' is extremely unlikely to make a practical breakthrough in applying the Casimir force, although I could well imagine someone being smart enough to at least design something on their own. (and then sell it to a big corporation and have it squashed :p)

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I have an engineering degree, and I've looked at quite a few of these free energy claims. Of all the people I am aware of, none have a valid claim in my opinion. Of all the free energy ideas I am aware of, the only one that I feel might hold some potential is technology based on the Casimir Effect.

Hi Dragon,
You are an engineer that at least believes that FE is possible. It seems that on this board they don't even consider FE because of the the 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics. That deserves a star!
I came to this from the Physical Chemistry side where we firmly believe and know that particles are in stable and constant spin around the nucleas at the quantum level. This in the minds of many predicts that a source of FE will eventually be found, just a matter of when.
It makes sense to me that the most promising device will encorporate nanotechnology. Little molecules that will capture particles, waves or vibrations as you suggested and perhaps turn them into a flow of electrons ie. electricity.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Instead of lists of names, why not list the most likely contending principles or devices?

If you can find any, that is.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is the Incredible Inquiry.

Ye know not (the full impact) of what ye do! Verily I say unto you, there is a place reserved for eternity among the stars for those who selflessly brave the unknown such as thy overtures declare!

Now, add my name.

And the Principle of Electrogravitics is my claim.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You can probably get a far better description of the Casimir Effect from someone else

Here is the best explaination of the Casimir effect that I was able to find. Essentially, if you have two plates very close together they will exclude all waves except those short enough to fit into the space, thus forming a pocket of negative energy density pushing the plates together.
The idea is that space is filled with electromagnetic energy waves. These waves are what impedes the travel of light limiting its speed. This could relate to travel at greater than light speeds. If a bubble could be made in the energy vacuum where there is no waves present (to impede travel) then faster than light speeds could be obtained by traveling within the bubble.
This phenomenon would indicate that the vacuum is filled with energy and that we need to find ways to harvest the energy!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Freezer made a great post with a ton of links on magmotors here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

You can probably get a far better description of the Casimir Effect from someone else

Here is the best explaination of the Casimir effect that I was able to find. Essentially, if you have two plates very close together they will exclude all waves except those short enough to fit into the space, thus forming a pocket of negative energy density pushing the plates together.
The idea is that space is filled with electromagnetic energy waves. These waves are what impedes the travel of light limiting its speed. This could relate to travel at greater than light speeds. If a bubble could be made in the energy vacuum where there is no waves present (to impede travel) then faster than light speeds could be obtained by traveling within the bubble.
This phenomenon would indicate that the vacuum is filled with energy and that we need to find ways to harvest the energy!

YOU will be interested in this then I presume?
Though I assume nothing.

Hey did you hear about the guy who matched up the RODIN COIL and VBM, (vortex based math) to the SATOR SQUARE...?
breakfornews.com...

yup that is right he solved what this 2000 year old 5x5 SATOR/ROTAS/Knights Templar Magic Square of Mars, is really about...

AN ANCIENT VORTEX THEORY buried, veiled etc...by who?

HOW CAN IT MATCH UP SO WELL?
HOW CAN THIS MAGIC SQUARE ... real source of which is unknown ...
match modern VBM and and and it gets better...

IT CAN ALSO be used to help Penrose/Witten solve their TWISTOR STRING THEORY and nail down gravity.

namaste

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yah one problem with the list, I am not on here...
m.facebook.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RogerT

As long as we don't figure out a way to circumvent the second law of thermodynamics regarding entropy, which (simplified) states that in every conversion of energy from one state to another a portion of it is rendered unusable, it would actually be Nobel prize worthy to build a device that loses no energy, let alone produces any extra.

Note: this is not me saying it is literally impossible, simply that anything we've thought of so far will not work because it all still operates within the confines of thermodynamics. So in order for such a device to be built, we need to first figure out how to escape or circumvent the laws of physics as we know them. As technologically developed as we might be, we are nowhere near that point. So discussing any designs currently in existence at this time is pointless as we're not even thinking in the right direction yet. It might happen in the future but I wouldn't get my hopes up about it happening in our lifetimes.

But I wouldn't want to leave on a negative note like that, so I've got some good news as well; even respecting the laws of thermodynamics, the universe is filled with potential energy sources. Waiting, as it were, to be harnessed into something we could use.

Imagine for instance that we could somehow take the energy from a planet's rotation (not our own, that would probably end in disaster) and render it usable. Possibly using the same principle as a dynamo on the wheel of a bicycle turning the rotation of the wheel into electricity to power its headlight, only on a much larger scale. That is entirely theoretically possible and would generate immense amounts of energy, even at low efficiency.

While dreaming big is admirable and gets you far in the end, it is possible to put the bar too high. And free energy, as described here, is putting the bar too high at this point in time. Maybe in the future that could be reality, but for now all we need to do is think creatively within the limits of physics as we know it. There's enough wiggle room left over to last us for centuries to come from an energy generation point of view.

(post by steventom72 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join