It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy - Who are the REAL contenders?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I've been trying to get up to speed on the free energy thing.

Let's not get hung up on terms: free energy, closed/open system, over unity, perpetual motion, COP>1 etc

I'm talking about a device that once started, can power itself and produce additonal useable power, even 1% extra.

whether it's pulling energy from the vacuum, zero point, or it's own butt, I don't care, I'm not the type that needs to know every little detail about why something works if it does actually work.

so I'm searching and searching, and certain names keep coming up as the contenders for the Free Energy hall of fame (as well as a few for the hall of shame
)

So I thought I'd ask the smart people out there who are already way ahead of me to add to my list which follows in next post

Once I'm exhausted with researching and reading, I'll have a crack at building, but I got a LOT of homework to do yet.

So any names that are worth a Google, please put them forward.

Ta muchly.

PS. NOTE FOR THE FE BASHERS: feel free to offer your (intelligent) debunks of those named, but I'd really appreciate if you'd refrain from simply posting the usual comments about the impossibility of __ (fill in your favorite FE term) due to ___ law (fill in your favorite immutable law of physics)

This thread is intended to be a resource/discussion about the individuals who are pioneering the field and their inventions, not about the theory of the field itself.

thanks for your co-operation

[edit on 13-11-2007 by RogerT]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
OK, here's my list so far (may have forgotten one or two)

Nikola Tesla (of course)
Andrija Puharich
John Worrell Keely
Martin Fleishmann
John Bedini
Peter Lindemann
Bob Teal
Rick Friedman
Alan Francouer
Wesley Gary
Stan Meyer
Stephen Marks
Jim Griggs
Tom Bearden
Paul Baumann
J R R Searl

Mods, any way that this post can remain editable, so I can add names as they show up, or perhaps categorize them in some way later. I've found that a post becomes uneditable after a certain amount of time, or after a certain number of replies - no idea which

JSR

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i found a good site on free energy.
freeenergynews.com...

but, the thing ive noticed is, most of these inventions never seem to be able to make it to market for lack of funding. which surprises me. it seems if it were ture, investors would jump all over it.

anyway. the directory on the side has a section labled "zero point energy".

my favorite section is the "compressed air".

i hope that is usefull.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JSR

Thanks, yes I like that one two.

Perhaps a list of useful FE sites too:

www.energeticforum.com...
freeenergynews.com... which is also pesn.com...
free-energy.ws...
waterpoweredcar.com...
www.frank.germano.com...

OK, I'll add to this list as recommendations come in

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I hate the term Free energy, there's no such thing.
Nobody can make energy, its a LAW of physics...

With that said I think beyond a solar cell of course...
I like the work being done on the Searl Effect Generator.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ebe51

well thanks for contributing Searl even though you ignored the request not to post the same old same old one liners

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

well thanks for contributing Searl even though you ignored the request not to post the same old same old one liners

Sorry did not see that request....but still I think he's got some of the better stuff.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sorry did not see that request....but still I think he's got some of the better stuff.

no worries

i added J R R Searl to the list

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Add Stan Deyo too.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
John Kanzius has developed a new method for converting water to a combustible form using a radio frequency generator. If this new method is efficient enough it may lead to 'free' energy. The problem with understanding if his method could work is that we don't know the frequency and the power he uses to create the effect.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I liked the original concept of the thread. Forget all the associated crap of why it won't work or "debunking" the schemes placed forth.

I have a problem with just one line of thought about "free energy". What if it takes more energy to produce the gizmo than it could possibly ever put out. Tidal generators are an example of this. Early models had very short life spans. Some didn't even meet pay back on "free" electricity offsetting the original cost.

I guess to max out this question would be: "If an energy device could be built that would provide all the electrical energy needed for the entire planet, but it demands all the resources of the planet; is it worth it?"

I don't know....

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Don’t forget me “graysquirrel” and my Synthetic Tornadoes.

(www.abovetopsecret.com...)
(www.abovetopsecret.com...)

May I also recommend, RogerT, that by each name you place a date as in year idea origination, a couple words on methodology and a link (if possible) to their work. Now, It look like just a list of random names from a telephone book.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by graysquirrel]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

It's not about "making" or "creating" energy from nothing; it's about tapping into energy that's already there in abundance.

PS Great thread concept RogerT

[edit on 14-11-2007 by MrdDstrbr]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Here are 3 more people that cannot be overlooked when talking "free energy".

Viktor Schauberger - physics, implosion etc.
inventors.about.com...

Walter Russel - artist, sculptor,architect, controversial in physics and cosmology.
www.walter-russell.de... or just go google on him

Marko Rodin - Vortex based mathmatics. found the connection between numbers and all.
www.markorodin.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the input so far.

I've been manically busy past two days but will get onto a little organisation of the 'list' tomorrow or by the weekend at the latest.

Thanks again

edit:

ah, I see I can already not edit the original posts. can a mod please advise me on how to do this, to actually keep some section of the thread current. thanks.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by RogerT]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi Roger,
We have previously discussed Harold Aspden, here is a website with links to many of his papers and lectures. I believe Aspden (now dead)was English and was active many years in the field of mathematics and physics.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
i just found this site with a whole bunch of inventors, it may be what you where looking for

www.panacea-bocaf.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Just checking back in again. Apologies for those of you waiting for me to sort this thread out nicely, but I've got a bit bogged down with my house building project.

I promise to get it done asap, but it make take me a little longer than I first expected.

Please keep continuing to post any good stuff you find in the meantime, names, links, etc.

Thanks again

ciao for now.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluess
i just found this site with a whole bunch of inventors, it may be what you where looking for

www.panacea-bocaf.org...

That's a great find Bluess. thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
well, I still didn't get around to managing this list. sorry, work load has run away with me and I would like to make a decent job of it. still have the intention, but timescale is extending

These were posted in another thread, so thought to add here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-12-2007 by RogerT]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join