It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of federal prisoners could be released soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

An independent panel is considering reducing the sentences of inmates incarcerated in federal prisons for crack coc aine offenses, which would make thousands of people immediately eligible to be freed.

Should the panel adopt the new policy, the sentences of 19,500 inmates would be reduced by an average of 27 months. About 3,800 inmates now imprisoned for possession and distribution of crack coc aine could be freed within the next year

Source: www.msnbc.msn.com...

In a time when girls get arrested for hugging her classmates, elderly women get tazered, and saggy baggy pants are fast becoming illegal, thousand of crack coc aine offenders will get released, but the question is.... will they wear baggy pants only to return to jail.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It is just a trick that the guards like to play. They tell them they are released, only to arrest them again when they hug their loved ones that meet them at the gate.

I don't understand how they chose crack cocain, of all drugs, to let people out early for. If you are going to let people on drug charges out early, why not something like Pot or Acid? Drugs that people don't tend to kill people to get money for.

I guess you have to make room for the baggy pants crowd though.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Good about time, now lets reduce the sentences for those on other drug charges while we are at it..

You don't have to like the choices they make, you don't have to support their moronic habits, but unless they are harming others, and violating peoples individual rights who cares what they do to themselves...

Its a waste of money to put them through the system for a victim less crime.

If they hurt some one in the process of their habit, well then throw the book at them for that crime, but the drugs thats their business and their body, this is America, Freedoms only limit is when you use that freedom to harm others..
what you do to yourself is your business.

I mean just think how many cops would stop getting shot by a guy who is about to go down on drug charges and panics and does something stupid.

Think about how many high speed chases for drugs which often end in a death will end..

About how many people caught up in the crossfire, and those who "rat" out someone, wont be getting shot in a drive by...

think how much money will be saved by eliminating drug units... and ops...

the list goes on and on..

[edit on 13-11-2007 by C0le]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
IMO they shouldn't ever have sent non-violent drug offenders to jail but letting crackheads go free is also a bad idea unless they are being released into a rehabilitation program. I really think the whole system would have been better off if drugs were legal and I also do not understand how marijuana is illegal but alcohol is not?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Lets see here.. The FBI and CIA brings the drugs into this country..
In turn sell the drugs to us.. MAke some money..
Then they bust us down for the same drugs they brought into our country.
Wam make some more money! And make some money for the courts..
Then they take all those drugs back and put them back on the streets..
The cycle keeps on going...

ITs the biggest conspiracy scam going right now...

I never did understand why people with a little weed or coke get put up to do hard time with murders and violent offenenders.. Oh wait I know.. Its all a scam!!!!

This country is so ass backwards it makes me sick..
I just happen to see threw the scam from start to finish...

Its all about the money.. They do not care about you or me.. But they care about the money we have saved..

Just be smart, and dont get caught!!!

top topics

join