It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King James version and Solomon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
that is a question I cannot answer.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
Freemasons,

What is more significant about that version more then any other version of the Holy Bible? And if you are big on Solomon like I am suspecting, why?

Simple questions I know but I am just expecting simple answers.

The whole Blue Lodge is centered on their version of the Temple built by Solomon.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lazy1981

Sir Frances Bacon helped pen the KJV and was well known for his skills in encription. There may very well be a code in the Bible that none of us are aware of.

Actually, there isn't any evidence that Bacon had anything to do with the KJV, and he was not on the list of translators. It's a popular rumor, similar to Bacon writing the Shakespeare plays, but historians dispute both theories.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I'll have to take another look at that. It was a few years back that I read that and I'm a bit rusty so I'm not going to tangle horns just yet.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by runningbeer

I honestly did not know the answer to that question.

Very interesting to find out that Masonry's ideology is built around the premisis of King Solomon's temple. I'm going to have to ask my father-in-law now.

On a side note that I would like to share with you all is that every day I feel more and more compelled or like I'm being pulled into joining Freemasonry and I don't know why?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Your not the only one. But if it is what you want to do make sure that you do it for the right reasons. Being that there is a level of secrecy that surrounds it you may be feeling this way only to search out something that peaked your interest. Do you see what I'm getting at?

You may very well join and not find waht you thought you desired was not there at all. I'm not suggesting that you'll find something sinister but you may have a preconcieved notion of it.

That said I would suggest that you first relieve yourself of any prejudice that you may have before you do so.

And no, I'm not a mason. I just wanted to give a piece of advice.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

On a side note that I would like to share with you all is that every day I feel more and more compelled or like I'm being pulled into joining Freemasonry and I don't know why?

The Lord works in mysterious ways Spirit7. I can add my personal experience that freemasonry has complimented my faith, as it constantly encourages me to return to the Holy Bible to make my daily advancement in knowledge.

Make no mistake about it, salvation (IMO) is only available through a personal relationship with Jesus. But as far as secular organizations go, freemasonry has a great deal to offer the spiritually conscious.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Trinityman

I'll have to bring it up to my pastor and see what his response is first. Is it ok to walk out on an oath if you are not perfectly comfortable with it? I can still keep it a secret out of respect. I guess I am a little jealous that you would have brothers that are such a tight support group. Besides Jesus, I really don't have that type of feeling with the members of my church. I suppose I can go to my father-in-law and ask him some more questions about it. He's really a good guy and very understanding, or how do you put it "a good teacher" and I didn't mean to dog out my bro-in-law like that either it's just that I don't know, I worry about him I guess. But more importantly I am struggling with my own spiritualness then he is so I guess he should worry more about me, LOL!

If I join would I be overwhelmingly obligated and would I have to get very political or can I just remain tight with my brothers and be philisophical? My father-in-law would have to attest for me also right? I mean, I can't just show up at the door step and ask to join can I?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I can't just show up at the door step and ask to join can I?

Yes you can . Actually that is the only way. 2 be one ask one.

I am not a Mason. I have found that membership would gain nothing for me.
I find that the teachings of Masonry are already incorporated in my beliefs.
And YES a good part of this comes from MY years in DeMolay. I still do what I
can to support Masonic charities. I do believe in their principles of making Good Men Better and helping others. At this time however I dont see where membership will advance My beliefs.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

The answer to this is research - your research. Your pastor may have positive or negative things to say about freemasonry, depending on his level of knowledge. Why not ask Jesus directly?

Oh, and runningbeer's response is equally valid. It isn't for everybody. Take your time and do the research.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Asking my pastor for his advice will be part of my research, whether or not it be negative or positive. I've been talking to Jesus and so far he's been telling me not to worry about it and search my soul so that I may endure if that's where he intends me to be. Don't forget, Lucipher though be it not a god at all is also whispering in our ear and trying to get us to falter. As long as we are in these bodies then we are all bound by sin until Jesus blesses those who wish to be saved be set free from our sins. I know, it's difficult to imagine a holy world without sin. I hear a lot of nay sayers (Albert Pike) talk about you can't have one without the other, but that's not true.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have always wondered why the word Solomon breaks out to Sun/Moon

I believe Sol is another word for Sun and that leaves omon which can be read as Moon if you change the letters around.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Sol is a word for sun in Spanish. I don't know what other language if any. Not that I subscribe; just wanted to let you know.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I hear a lot of nay sayers (Albert Pike) talk about you can't have one without the other, but that's not true.

I do not profess to be a scholar on Pike, but I have read a good bit of Morals and Dogma. When Pike talks about the dichotomy of good and evil, I believe his point is that without a reference point we as humans do not have the capacity to conceive of "good" and "evil."

I think this is true.

Everything written in the Bible was written _after_ the fall from grace, so it is a retrospective look in time. Something has occurred in human history (fall from grace, Lucifer's fall, etc.) to allow us to reference concepts of good and evil. This does not mean that evil must continually exist for eternity - all that is needed is for some act to occur to draw a dichotomy for us. That has happened - so any future world "without evil" can exist and be innately good, because the collective human conscious has experienced evil - even if at that point evil no longer exists.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lazy1981

Thanks for acknowledging my post and sharing that info.

I think it holds alot of meaning as to the symbolic meaning of King Solomon.

I wonder why no one else commented about the reference.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Not everybody speakes Spanish so they more than likely figured that it's best not to comment.

They real question is how is it spelled in Hebrew and what does it mean in that perspective.

Most names and words in Hebrew have a root word that has a meaning. It is also the case in many other languages.

For example: Micheal- Mikha'el which means "who is like GOD?"
El is one name for GOD.

Joseph- Yosef meaning "he will add or HE will add" I'm not 100% wheather the he is attributed to the man named Joseph or if he is really HE/GOD.

Joshua- Yehoshu'a = "YAHWEH is salvation"
YAHWEH is another name for GOD

Solomon- Shelomoh from Shalom which means "peace"

Now, wheather or not Solomon may have been a name that was taken from another people other than the Hebrews is up to anyones opinion if they can prove it with fact. But this is what I know to be the case.

Happy to discuss ideas with anyone, and it's my pleasure to give insight or share knowledge with anyone if it helps them answer questions.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

While I do appreciate the well thought out response I can't help but wonder about the emphasis placed on the idea of two mixed into one, be it in symbolic representation of the entwined serpents on the pole, the night and day, as above so below, the interpenetrating and ultimate merging of the two opposite polarities seem to be an ever recurring theme.

The Sun and The Moon are often represented in a sort of marriage.

I think there is much more to it than the word Shalom or peace unless used to describe a result of some sort of merging.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

While I do appreciate the well thought out response I can't help but wonder about the emphasis placed on the idea of two mixed into one, be it in symbolic representation of the entwined serpents on the pole, the night and day, as above so below, the interpenetrating and ultimate merging of the two opposite polarities seem to be an ever recurring theme.

The Sun and The Moon are often represented in a sort of marriage.

I think there is much more to it than the word Shalom or peace unless used to describe a result of some sort of merging.

You are correct, the idea of opposites are very common, in some cultures it is about the merging of two opposites and in others they are only both present.

The six pointed star, which is said to be a new symbol of Judaism is realy two triangles intermingled. Each representing an opposite. Man/Woman, Fire/Water, Base/Spirit, and Good/Evil. Some say that it comes from Jewish Mystics and never did represent the Isrealites.

In a darker way you can see this by looking at the Thule Societies mark which has both a "Star of David" and a Swastika. This is odd being that it was an anti-semetic society that had such as the likes of Adolf Hitler as a member. This lends credence in away to the idea of the Star of David being a mystical sign.

And, yes I know that the Swastika didn't always stand for the Nazis.

Anyway, If you are into symbolism Get a copy of "The Secret Teachings of All Ages" by Manly Palmer Hall. It has a wealth of knowledge that you will find interesting to say the least.

If you can afford the hard cover get it because it is a great reference book, if not you can get the paperback and spring for the hardcover later

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The symbolism of the temple of Solomon is quite extensive and to properly understand it, a deep working knowledge of the Qabalah is needed.

Solomon is a triune name of the Sun, Sol, Om, On, and in the Qabalah the Sun is Tifareth, or the 6th Sephiroth on the Tree of Life. The triune name of it is to indicate the number of man, 666, which is to be built up, or perhaps rather discovered... "Making good men into better men." To be found something must first be lost. The symbolism of the apron is that of the ego, which one puts on to try and cover up duality which is present in the fallen man essentially in the form of conscience. Once tasted, one tries to create a self or personality to try and silence the voice of Choronzon, which takes the world and separates it into right and wrong, good and evil, high and low, likes and dislikes, life and death etc. When the mason has properly built his temple or ego, only then can it be cast off and the soul revealed again, and lifted back to the light in the "strong grip of the lion" meaning again, Leo, or the Sun.

The same symbolism is present in Christianity, but as in masonry, the average member is kept ignorant by his own assumptions of the meanings of the symbols. The Hebrew letter Vau, which means a nail, has the same numerical value of Solomon, as the Crucifix has three nails in it, adding to 666. One must take his name (Jesus) number (666) or mark (The Cross) to burn (forget oneself). Thus the ego, or beliefs, symbolically the temple of Solomon, Cross and/or the apron is the symbol of the ultimate evil.

"When one needs to build a Church, the masons are to be called." -Anonymous Pope

The truth which can be either believed in or doubted is not the truth nor has anything even remotely to do with the truth, it has to do with showing you what is not the truth so that you may recognize the truth for yourself. But to free oneself of the truth, one has to first pass through it. The initiate is symbolically bound, hoodwinked and led about to symbolize what the "truth" has done to him. The mason who sees through this and shows the proper signs naturally is brought into the inner fold (of which all religions are the portico of as Albert Pike explains) of the 33rd degree where he now sees from above it was all a lie, sees he was himself all along but got caught up in the illusion of personal qualities. The light can thus only be seen in darkness, for to be in the light is to be blinded by the light. The stage hand always hides behind the spotlight and whomever it is shone on feels himself the star of the show even though the director has made him such and directs his every action through his attempts to remain in the light.

The temple of Solomon is symbolic of this "fame" which one seeks. It has to ultimately be thrown down so that the person rid of his personality can then see who he really is. The temple is built in the mind and fed by it, and when it is thrown down the person who cannot see it for what it is, attempts to hold onto it and experiences endless anguish, the lake of fire for having taken the mark. But if one lets go of it, the "heavens and earth are rolled together and burnt, then a new heaven comes down to earth," as St. Paul explains it. The New World order is the new life of the adept who has rid himself of his old life. All external events, the wars, the conspiracies, are all distractions to keep people from looking at their own mind as the source of all trouble. Cast off the apron, destroy the temple and raise it, are all symbols of this death and rebirth of the real man from the shadow of body and mind.

The master of the temple, magician, puppet master, man behind the curtain, priest, all symbolize the director of the illusions of faiths culminating in an identity. This temple (ego) is historically destroyed, when the deceived see it for what it is.

The Temple of Solomon is thus the personal identity created by man given to idolatry and ending in ruin.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Thanks, this is the response that I was hoping to get out of Lightindarkness. My opinion is that you are the ones that are being decieved. There is nothing to fear about Christianity and in no way what so ever can they be a puppet master. That's what Lucy would want you to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join