It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we desire Alien Contact?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

This type of contact is normally in the form of an alien abduction, which is almost always a frightful, life-changing experience. We must remember, however, that there are those who claim benefit from these encounters, in the form of enlightenment, spiritual healing, and an ongoing connection with a more intelligent "big brother." People have claimed to have had diseases cured, emotional and mental problems alleviated, and their lives totally altered positively by these beings from beyond. But those who are less fortunate have been treated like lab rats, tagged like cattle, and humiliated by sexual experimentation and other invasive medical procedures. Women have even claimed to have been impregnated-later having their fetuses removed. Often at a later time, they may get to meet their long lost "hybrid child from the stars." Then they say good-bye to them.

So what will we be facing at first contact? Beneficial respectful neighbors or ruthless, heartlessness and crassness? Will they be calculating, psychological scientists that force their will on us? Lets just be careful what we wish for.

Lets keep this debate on the physical encounter. E.T life that can co-exist in our 3rd Density.

[edit on 11/11/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You're not aware of, or you're forgetting that there are abductees who find their abduction experiences to be positive overall (research Jim Sparks). Also there are many experiencers who have had positive experiences. The simplest version of alien contact is that there is probably minimally a few planets with intelligent life, some are bound to be good, some bad. Some may not fit in good and bad, and may be ambivalent towards us.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by Raoul Duke]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well we desire it for a few reasons:

1) Exchange of opinions, culture, and technology

2) To know that we aren't alone in the universe

3) Fascination with new life forms

As a society, I'd say we desire it for reason #1.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Following the great theories of Sigmund Freud, I'm fairly sure its because we want to have sex with them. I know I do.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I think the reason why so many desire alien contact is to give us hope. There is no hope the way the world is, or is going at the moment.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I believe that is true. Today ufology could easily arise as the next religion that has the posiblity to make people believe that we are gonna be ok, everything will change "when they come" and "they will come" or "they are already here... all around us, in everything"
Like you say; hope or faith. (in some cases dispair and distrust?)

But like with Christianity there are probably some rational people who join the ranks because they can see potential in a meeting with an extraterrestrial race. Their guidance, their techonology and perhaps a move away from all the tension we have create on Earth.

Hopefully this "religion" though will bring some clarity over time, otherwise it's just gonna cause more division, more fights over which ships are the real ones and which are false "gods".

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
As far as we know there are alot of different species and not all are purely out for doing horrific experiments, but rather help us. It only seems to be one species (the Greys) that like to experiment .

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
We determine whether the experience is a pain or gain.

I believe I can "attract" the good guys or the bad guys. And even if I "attract" the bad guys it can be a good (learning) or bad experience (depending on my attitude towards it).

So either way you look at it I will insist on experiencing something good.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
Well we desire it for a few reasons:

1) Exchange of opinions, culture, and technology

2) To know that we aren't alone in the universe

3) Fascination with new life forms

As a society, I'd say we desire it for reason #1.

i agree with that for the most part. although i know we are not alone, i'd like to know basic details about them such as how long they been in existance, where they are from..the history of time/space..lol..i personally dont want to know too much about them, whoever they are. im not worried about technology. our world obviously sold a portion of its soul for technology advancments which will someday be the death of this planet, so that aspect doesnt appeal to me. but figuring out how i could reach their level and have their psychic abilities would be cool i guess

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
We determine whether the experience is a pain or gain.

I believe I can "attract" the good guys or the bad guys. And even if I "attract" the bad guys it can be a good (learning) or bad experience (depending on my attitude towards it).

So either way you look at it I will insist on experiencing something good.

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Everything is an abstract for wanting to have sex with aliens! You know you want those bad boys!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Personally i just think its because of mankinds inquizitive nature, i mean say a portal to another world just popped up i front of you right now, what would you do? walk trough it that what without know what was on the other side! Humans have a natural desire to know stuff.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Everything is an abstract for wanting to have sex with aliens! You know you want those bad boys!!!

Id prefer the triple-breasted beauty from venus

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
it reminds me of that movie k pax. when he is in the dudes office getting interviewed and he's like "so how does your species reproduce?" and he replies something along the lines of "as careful as possible" or something because from his planet, reproduction was a very painful task as to here on earth its pleasure, and taken for a joke. lol. watch out, those alien vagina's might have sharp teeth..

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That's some imagination you have their Uneaq. Scary one too!

Maybe thats why they gave that plant the name "Venus fly trap" Must be from Venus as well.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It would be really cool if our xtra neigbors might make us privy to energy sources not relied upon by fossil fuel. So we could stop killing each other over it. Now that would ya rock.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

It's happening. Your wish is granted.

I love that Avatar!

top topics

join